Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Ana

"Mama I'm A Big Girl Now"

from the musical Hairspray

PRUDY

Don't contradict me!

VELMA

Don't disobey me!

EDNA

Don't even think about going to

that audition.

TRACY, PENNY & AMBER

Please!

MOMS

No!

3 GIRLS

Mother!!!!

MOMS

Stop!

PENNY

Stop telling me what to do

MOMS

Don't!

AMBER

Don't treat me like a child of two

MOMS

No!

TRACY

I know that you want what's best

MOMS

Please!

TRACY

But mother, please,

GIRLS

Give it a rest!!!

ALL

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

Mama. I'm a big girl now!

TRACY

Once upon a time when i was just a kid

You never let me do iust what the older kids did

But lose that laundry list of what you won't allow

GIRLS

'Cause mama, i'm a big girl now

AMBER

Once upon a time i used to play with toys

But now i'd rather play around with teenage boys

So, if i get a hickey, please don't have a cow

GIRLS

'Cause mama, i'm a big girl now

PENNY

Ma, i gotta tell you that without a doubt

I get my best dancing lessons from you

You're the one who taught me how to "twist and shout"

Because you shout non-stop

And you're so twisted too!

Wo -oh -oh -oh -oh

TRACY

Once i used to fidget

'Cause i just sat home

AMBER

But now i'm just like gidget

And i gotta get to rome!

PENNY

So say, arrivederci!

TRACY

Toodle-loo!

AMBER

And ciao!

GIRLS

'Cause mama, i'm a big girl now

ALL

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

GIRLS

Mama, i'm a big girl now

(hey mama, say mama)

TRACY

Once upon a time i was a shy young thing

Could barely walk and talk so much as dance and sing

But let me hit that stage, i wanna take my bow

GIRLS

'Cause mama, i'm a big girl now

AMBER

Wo - oh - oh - oh - oh

Once upon a time i used to dress up 'ken'

But now that i'm a woman, i like bigger men

And i don't need a barbie doll to show me how

GIRLS

'Cause mama, i'm a big girl now

GIRLS

Ma, you always taught me

What was right from wrong

And now i iust wanna give it a try

Mama, i've been in the nest for far too long

So please give a push and mama watch me fly

AMBER

Watch me fly

GIRLS

Hey, mama, say mama

PENNY

Someday i will meet a man

You won't condemn

AMBER

And we will have some kids

And you can torture them

TRACY

But let me be a star

Before i take that vow

GIRLS

'Cause mama, i'm a big girl now

PENNY

Oh - Oh - Oh

GIRLS

Mama, i'm a big girl now

AMBER

Hey - Hey - Hey

GIRLS

Mama, i'm a big girl

AMBER

Ooh, such a big, big girl!

GIRLS

I'm a big girl now

ALL

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

Stop! Don't! No! Please!

Stop! Don't! No! please!

GIRLS

Mama, i'm a big girl now!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

"Without Love"

from the musical Hairspray

SEAWEED

(climbing in Penny's window)

Psst Penny! What happened?!

PENNY (strapped into bed)

My mother's punishing me for going to jail without permission!

SEAWEED

Well, I'm here to save the fair maiden in her tower.

PENNY

Oh, Seaweed!

LINK (sneaking into jail)

Tracy, you took beautiful behind bars!

TRACY

It must be the low-watt instutionai lighting!

LINK

Oh Tracy, they can keep us from kissing,

but they can't stop us from singing!

LINK

Once i was a selfish fool

Who never understood

I never looked inside myself

Though on the outside, i looked good!

Then we met and you made me

The man i am today

Tracy, i'm in love with you

No matter what you weigh

'Cause...

LINK (& ENSEMBLE)

Without love

Life is uke the seasons with

No summer

Without love

Life is rock 'n' roll without

A drummer

Tracy, i'll be yours forever

'Cause 1 never wanna be

Without love

Tracy, never set me free

No, i ain't lyin'

Never set me free, Tracy,

No, no, no!!

TRACY

Once i was a simple girl

Then stardom came to me

But i was still a nothing

Though a thousand fans may

Disagree

ENSEMBLE

Tracy!!

TRACY

Fame was just a prison

Signing autographs a bore

I didn't have a clue

'Til you came banging on my door

TRACY (& ENSEMBLE)

That without love

Life is like my dad without his bromo

Without love

Life is making out with perry como!

Darling, i'll be yours forever

'Cause i never wanna be

Without love

So darling, throw away the key

LINK & TRACY

I'm yours forever

TRACY

Throw away the key

LINK, TRACY& ENSEMBLE

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

SEAWEED

Living in the ghetto

Black is everywhere ya go

Who'd 've thought i'd love a girl

With skin as white as winter's snow

PENNY

In my ivory tower

Life was just a hostess snack

But now i've tasted chocolate

And i'm never going back

PENNY & SEAWEED & ENSEMBLE

'Cause without love

SEAWEED

Life is like a beat that you can't follow

PENNY & SEAWEED & ENSEMBLE

Without love

PENNY

Life is doris day at the apollo

PENNY & SEAWEED & ENSEMBLE

Darling, i'll be yours forever

'Cause i never wanna be

Without love

SEAWEED

So darling, never set me free

PENNY & SEAWEED

I'm yours forever

Never set me free

PENNY & SEAWEED & ENSEMBLE

No, no, no!

LINK

If you're locked up in this prison, trace

I don't know what i'll do

TRACY

Link, i've got to break out

So that i can get my hands on you

SEAWEED

And girl, if i can't touch you

Now i'm gonna lose control

PENNY

Seaweed, you're my black white knight

I've found my blue-eyed soul

SEAWEED & ENSEMBLE

Sweet freedom is our goal

LINK

Trace, i wanna kiss ya!

TRACY

Then i can't wait for parole!

(Link & Seaweed break their girls out of their respective prisons

and continue singing... of course)

ALL

'Cause without love

SEAWEED

Life is like a prom that won't invite us

ALL

Without love

LINK

Life's getting my big break and laryngitis

ALL

Without love

PENNY

Life's a '45' when you can't buy it

ALL

Without love

TRACY

Life is like my mother on a diet

ALL

Like a week that's only mondays

Only ice cream never sundaes

Like a circle with no center

Like a door marked "do not enter!"

DARLING, I'LL BE YOURS FOREVER

'Cause 1 never wanna be...

Without love

PENNY & LINK

Ys now you've captured me

ENSEMBLE

Without love

SEAWEED & TRACY

I surrender happily

ENSEMBLE

Without love

PENNY

Oh seaweed

ALL

Never set me free

PENNY & SEAWEED

No, no, no

TRACY & LINK

No, i ain't lyin'

PENNY & SEAWEED

Never set me free

ALL

No, no, no

No, i dont wanna live without

PENNY

Love, love, love

LINK

Yeah, yeah, yeah

ALL

Darling, you had best believe me,

Never leave me without love!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

While we're on the subject of musicals (Erm, well, musical movies) :roll: ...

El Tengo De Roxanne

From Moulin Rouge

will drive you will drive you will drive you...mad

Roxanne

You don't have to put on that red light

Walk the streets for money

You don't care if it's wrong or if it is right

Roxanne

You don't have to wear that dress tonight

Roxanne

You don't have to sell your body to the night

His eyes upon your face

His hand upon your hand

His lips caress your skin

It's more than I can stand

(Roxanne)

Why does my heart cry?

(Roxanne)

Feelings I can't fight

You're free to leave me, but just don't decieve me

And please believe me when I say I love you

Yo que te quiero tanto, qu? voy ha hacer

Me dejaste, me dejaste

En un tango

En el alma se me fue

Se me fue el corazon

Ya no tengo ganas de vivir

Porque no te puedo convencer

Que no te vendas Roxanne

(Roxanne)

Why does my heart cry?

(Roxanne)

Feelings I can't fight

(Roxanne)

You don't have to put on that red light

Roxanne

(Roxanne)

(Roxanne)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

That movie absolutely ruined every song that was in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

w00t for musicals!!!

Jesus Christ Superstar Soundtrack Lyrics

- KING HEROD'S SONG Lyrics

HEROD

Jesus, I am overjoyed to meet you face to face.

You've been getting quite a name all around the place.

Healing cripples, raising from the dead.

And now I understand you're God,

At least, that's what you've said.

So, you are the Christ, you're the great Jesus Christ.

Prove to me that you're divine; change my water into wine.

That's all you need do, then I'll know it's all true.

Come on, King of the Jews.

Jesus, you just won't believe the hit you've made around here.

You are all we talk about, the wonder of the year.

Oh what a pity if it's all a lie.

Still, I'm sure that you can rock the cynics if you tried.

So, you are the Christ, you're the great Jesus Christ.

Prove to me that you're no fool; walk across my swimming pool.

If you do that for me, then I'll let you go free.

Come on, King of the Jews.

I only ask what I'd ask any superstar.

What is it that you have got that puts you where you are.

I am waiting, yes I'm a captive fan.

I'm dying to be shown that you are not just any man.

So, if you are the Christ, yes the great Jesus Christ

Feed my household with this bread.

You can do it on your head.

Or has something gone wrong. Jesus, why do you take so long?

Oh come on, King of the Jews.

Hey! Aren't you scared of me Christ?

Mr. Wonderful Christ?

You're a joke. You're not the Lord.

You are nothing but a fraud.

Take him away.

He's got nothing to say!

Get out you King of the,

Get out King of the,

Oh get out you King of the Jews!

Get out of here!

Get out of here you,

Get out of my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

That movie absolutely ruined every song that was in it.

Smells Like Teen Spirit and Roxanne are unruinable.

Ana: I just saw Hairspray on friday night. It was pretty good. Michael McKean was Edna in place of Harvey Fierstein but he was great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOUCH ME

The Doors

Yeah!

Come on, come on, come on, come on

Now touch me, baby

Can't you see that I am not afraid?

What was that promise that you made?

Why won't you tell me what she said?

What was that promise that you made?

Now, I'm gonna love you

Till the heavens stop the rain

I'm gonna love you

Till the stars fall from the sky

for you and I

Come on, come on, come on, come on

Now touch me, baby

Can't you see that I am not afraid?

What was that promise that you made?

Why won't you tell me what she said?

What was that promise that you made?

I'm gonna love you

Till the heavens stop the rain

I'm gonna love you

Till the stars fall from the sky

for you and I

I'm gonna love you

Till the heavens stop the rain

I'm gonna love you

Till the stars fall from the sky

for you and I

--------------------------------------------------------

LIGHT MY FIRE

The Doors

You know that it would be untrue

You know that I would be a liar

If I was to say to you

Girl, we couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire

The time to hesitate is through

No time to wallow in the mire

Try now we can only lose

And our love become a funeral pyre

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire, yeah

The time to hesitate is through

No time to wallow in the mire

Try now we can only lose

And our love become a funeral pyre

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire, yeah

You know that it would be untrue

You know that I would be a liar

If I was to say to you

Girl, we couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire

Try to set the night on fire

Try to set the night on fire

Try to set the night on fire

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

That's awesome Fett... glad that someone else has seen it... but if it's any consolation, I didn't see it with Harvey Fierstein either.

-----------

"Happy Jack"

The Who

Happy Jack wasn't old, but he was a man

He lived in the sand at the Isle of Man

The kids would all sing, he would take the wrong key

So they rode on his head on their furry donkey

The kids couldn't hurt Jack

They tried and tried and tried

They dropped things on his back

And lied and lied and lied and lied and lied

But they couldn't stop Jack, or the waters lapping

And they couldn't prevent Jack from feeling happy

But they couldn't stop Jack, or the waters lapping

And they couldn't prevent Jack from feeling happy

The kids couldn't hurt Jack

They tried and tried and tried

They dropped things on his back

And lied and lied and lied and lied and lied

But they couldn't stop Jack, or the waters lapping

And they couldn't prevent Jack from feeling happy

(I saw ya!)

Edited by Ana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

WALK ON THE WILD SIDE

Lou Reed

Holly came from Miami, Fla

Hitchhiked her way across the USA.

Plucked her eyebrows on the way

Shaved her leg and then he was she - she said:

Hey Babe, take a walk on the wild side,

Said hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Candy came from out on the island,

In the backroom she was everybodys darling,

But she never lost her head

Even when she was sleepin in bed - she said

Hey Babe, take a walk on the wild side,

Said hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

And the girls go, doo dodoo doo doo doo dodoo doo dadoo dadoo.

Little Joe never once gave it away,

Ev'rybody had to pay and pay.

A hustle here and a hustle there

New York city is no place where they said:

Hey Babe, take a walk on the wild side,

Said hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Sugar plum fairy came and hit the streets

Looking for soul food and a place to eat

Went to the Apollo, you should have seen him go go go - they said:

Hey Sugar, take a walk on the wild side,

Said hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Jackie is just speeding away,

Thought she was James Dean for a day

Then I guess she had to crash, Valium would have helped that bash - she said:

Hey Sugar, take a walk on the wild side,

Said hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

And the girls go, doo dodoo doo doo doo dodoo doo dadoo dadoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

"My Hero" - the Foo Fighters

Too alarming now to talk about

Take your pictures down and shake it out

Truth or consequence, say it aloud

Use that evidence, race it around

There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

There goes my hero

He’s ordinary

Don’t the best of them bleed it out

While the rest of them peter out

Truth or consequence, say it aloud

Use that evidence, race it around

There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

There goes my hero

He’s ordinary

Kudos my hero leaving all the best

You know my hero, the one that’s on

There goes my hero

Watch him as he goes

There goes my hero

He’s ordinary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

Stand in the Light

Michael Webb

I feel a chill when the shadows grow still

And I'm standing too close to the edge

With nothing to ground me, the world swirls around me

I'm lost in a mist of despair

I need to run to the light of the sun

Feel the warmth of its rays on my face

I need to walk with my feet on the Rock

And my heart lifted up in His grace

I will stand in the light

Look to the dawn as it breaks through the night

With courage and strength I will stand in my palce

With the flame of my faith shining bright

I will stand in the light

Hold up the truth and stand for the right

I can reach so much higher

I'm filled with its fire when I stand

Stand in the light

Steady and still like a light on a hill

It shines for the whole world to see

Chasing the deark, washing over my heart

Changing what I want to be

I feel it grow, flooding into my soul

This river of truth flows through me

Filling me up with conviction enough

To live what I truly believe

I will stand in the light

Look to the dawn as it breaks through the night

With courage and strength I will stand in my palce

With the flame of my faith shining bright

I will stand in the light

Hold up the truth and stand for the right

I can reach so much higher

I'm filled with its fire when I stand

Stand in the light

I will stand in the light

Look to the dawn as it breaks through the night

With courage and strength I will stand in my palce

With the flame of my faith shining bright

I will stand in the light

Hold up the truth and stand for the right

I can reach so much higher

I'm filled with its fire when I stand

Stand in the light

Edited by Country Girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgement of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come

We knew it all along

We were liberated from the fold, that's all

And the world looks just the same

And history ain't changed

'Cause the banners, they are flown in the next war

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

Though I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the streets

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Are now parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again

No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Since the sacrifice to the GB gods never worked out, I decided to honor them with a song.

*Begins playing to the music of "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Load up on guns,

And shoot GI,

It's fun to go make Corsec die,

Come to the boards,

And be assured,

You'll have a really crazy time,

Hello, hello, hello, psychos (x3)

Hello, hello, hello

Pod's Torture,

Is very dangerous,

GB dot net,

entertains us!,

We're all stupid,

And outrageous,

GB dot net,

entertains us,

We've got Furday,

and Chozen,

A princess,

And a Chicken,

YAR!! (x3)

JM is from,

The country,

I wish I had a monkey (???)

Beeurd went and made the whole place,

TSL's a nutcase,

Hello, hello, hello, psychos (x3)

Hello, hello hello

Pod's Torture,

Is very dangerous,

GB dot net,

entertains us!,

We're all stupid,

And outrageous,

GB dot net,

entertains us,

We've got Furday,

and Chozen,

A princess,

And a Chicken,

YAR!! (x3)

Our resident Sith,

Is named Drake,

I once was hit with a rake,

Our minds are lost, we've lost our minds

Oh no, Ender blew something sky-high,

Hello, hello, hello, psychos (x3)

Hello, hello, hello

Pod's Torture,

Is very dangerous,

GB dot net,

entertains us!,

We're all stupid,

And outrageous,

GB dot net,

entertains us,

We've got Furday,

and Chozen,

A princess,

And a Chicken,

YAR!! (x3)

A psycho!! (x9)

*Note: For the nutcase thing, we're all nutcases, I just wanted to cram as many psychos as possible into the song, so I randomly picked TSL*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

*has been left out even though his name rhymes very nicely with GB dot Net.*

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Sorry, I was trying to write this on as fast as possible and couldn't find a place to put you. :???:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

Heh, you'll have to make your own song and leave Chicken out of it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

Hehe, don't worry. I'm honored to be named the GB nutcase =D

*takes a bow*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

It was going to be Corsec, but the talking baseball cap thingy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Heh, you'll have to make your own song and leave Chicken out of it ;)

:lol: So deliciously malevolent...

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Ahem. GB dot net.

Net

Fett

Yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Wooo!! Not even a PJ! And I was the first named!!!! w00t!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Ahem. GB dot net.

Net

Fett

Yeah.

OWNED!

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

You wish you had a monkey, eh? It'll happen.. it time..

* cackles ''"malevolently''"' *

hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Erm....k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

Imperial Rhapsody

sung to: Bohemian Rhapsody

LANDO: This is the good life

This is a fantasy

Working on Bespin

An escape from Reality.

LEIA: Open your eyes

Stand up to these guys and see.

LUKE: I'm just a farmboy, I need some sympathy

Cuz who's my dad, I dunno

Little whine, little moan.

HAN: Anywhere the Force goes, doesn't really matter, to me

PIETT: Vader just killed a man.

Raised an arm up in the air

Now his life is no longer there.

Vader, we had just begun,

And now I've gone and lost the reb-el scum.

Vader, ooooooo.

Didn't mean to make you mad

If I'm not alive again this time tomorrow,

There'll be a new admiral, as if nothing ever happened.

YODA: Too late, my time has come,

Sends shivers down my spine

Body's aching all the time.

LUKE: Goodbye everybody, I've got to go

Gotta leave you all behind and learn the Force.

PIETT: Vader, ooooooooo.

I don't want to die

I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.

LUKE: I see a little silhouetto of a man

Palpatine, Palpatine, can it be the Emperor?

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very hurting me

! R2-D2, R2-D2,

R2-D2, R2-D2,

R2-D2, Where'd ya go? C-3PO O O O O O OH!

I'm just a farmboy, nobody loves me.

REBELS: He's just a farmboy, with a dead family.

Spare him this life of such mundacity!

HAN: Spice'll come, spice'll go. Jabba let me go.

JABBA: Bo shuda! (NO, we will not let you go)

HAN: Let me go!

JABBA: Bo shuda! (We will not let you go)

HAN: Let me go!

JABBA: Bo shuda! (We will not let you go)

HAN: LET ME GO!

JABBA: WILL NO LET YOU GO!

HAN: LET ME GO!

JABBA: WILL NOT LET YOU GO!

HAN: LET ME GO!

JABBA: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

C3PO: Oh R2-D2, R2-D2, R2-D2, Come along.

LEIA: C-3PO has a rebel put aside for meeeee, for meeeeee, for

MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

(Stormtroopers start headbanging)

LUKE: So you say you're the dear old dad of mine?

But you cut my hand off and left me to die!

Oh Vader, can't do this to me, Vader.

I know there's some good, I know there's still some good in you.

OBIWAN: May the Force be with you.

Use the Force to see.

May the Force be with you,

May the Force be with you, alwaaaaaaaaaaaaays.

HAN: Anywhere the Force goes, doesn't really mat-ter, to meeeeeeee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.