Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Link

This reminds me of two people who are very special to me...

There Goes My Life:

Kenny Chesney

All he could think about was:

"I'm too young for this.

"Got my whole life ahead.

"Hell, I'm just a kid myself:

"How'm I gonna raise one?"

All he could see were his dreams,

Going up in smoke.

So much for ditchin' this town,

An' hangin' out on the coast.

Oh well, those plans are long gone.

And he said: "There goes my life.

"There goes my future, my everything.

"Might as well kiss it all good-bye:

"There goes my life."

A couple years of up all night,

An' a few thousand diapers later.

That mistake he thought he made,

Covers up the refrigerator:

Oh yeah, he loves that little girl.

An' Momma's waiting to tuck her in,

As she fumbles up those stairs.

She smiles back at him,

Dragging that teddy bear:

"Sleep tight." Blue eyes and bouncing curls.

An' he smiles: "There goes my life

"There goes my future, my everything."

"I love you, Daddy, goodnight."

"There goes my life."

She had that Honda loaded down,

With Abercrombie clothes,

An' and fifteen pairs of shoes,

An' his American Express.

He checked the oil and slammed the hood,

Said: "You're good to go."

She hugged them both,

An'd headed off to the west coast.

An' he cried: "There goes my life.

"There goes my future, my everything.

"I love you, baby, good-bye.

"There goes my life.

"There goes my life.

"Baby, good-bye."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

Whiskey Girl

Toby Keith

Don't my baby look good in them blue jeans?

Tight on the top with a belly button ring

A little tatoo somewhere in between

She only shows to me

Hey we're going out dancin' she's ready tonight

So damn good-lookin' boys it ain't even right

And when bar tender says for the lady

what's it gonna be?

I tell him man...

She ain't into wine and roses

Beer just makes her turn up her nose

And, she can't stand the thought of sippin' champagne

No Quervo Gold Margaritas

Just ain't enough good burn in taquilla

She needs somethin' with a little more edge and a little more pain

She's my little whiskey Girl

My Ragged-on-the-edges girl

Ah, but I like 'em rough

Baby got a '69 mustang

four on the floor, and you ought to hear the pipes ring

I jump behind the wheel and it's away we go

Hey, I drive too fast, but she don't care

Blue bandana tied all up in her hair

Just sittin' there singin' every song on the radieo

She ain't into wine and roses

Beer just makes her turn up her nose

And, she can't stand the thought of sippin' champagne

No Quervo Gold Margaritas

Just ain't enough good burn in taquilla

She needs somethin' with a little more edge and a little more pain

She's my little whiskey Girl

My Ragged-on-the-edges girl

Ah, but I like 'em rough

No Quervo Gold Margaritas

Just ain't enough good burn in taquilla

She needs somethin' with a little more edge and a little more pain

She's my little whiskey Girl

Whoa she's my little whiskey girl

my raggid-on-the-edges girl

Ah, but I like 'em rough

Yeah, I like 'em rough

I liek 'em rough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The Clash - Hateful

From the album "London Calling"

(Written by Joe Strummer and Mick Jones)

Well, I got a friend who's a man

What man?

The man who keeps me from the lovely

He gives me what I need

What you need?

What you got?

I need it all so badly

Oh, anything I want he gives it to me

Anything I want he gives it, but not for free

It's hateful

And it's paid for and I'm so grateful to be nowhere

This year I've lost some friends

Some friends? What friends?

I dunno, I ain't even noticed

You see, I gotta go out again

Again? My friend

I gotta see that mainman

I killed all my nerves

My nerves? What swerves?

And I can't drive so steady

I've lost my memory

My mind? Behind!

I can't see so clearly

Oh, anything I want he gives it to me

Anything I want he gives it, but not for free

It's hateful

And it's paid for and I'm so grateful to be nowhere

-----------------------------------------------------------

Roy Orbison - In Dreams (This song is used to very creepy effect in Blue Velvet)

Words and Music by Roy Orbison

In Dreams

A candy-colored clown they call the sandman

Tiptoes to my room every night

Just to sprinkle star dust and to whisper

?Go to sleep, everything is all right?

I close my eyes then I drift away

Into the magic night, I softly say

A silent prayer like dreamers do

Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you

In dreams I walk with you

In dreams I talk to you

In dreams you're mine all the time

We're together in dreams, in dreams

But just before the dawn

I awake and find you gone

I can't help it, I can't help it if I cry

I remember that you said goodbye

Too bad it only seems

It only happens in my dreams

Only in dreams

In beautiful dreams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Johnny Cash - Boy Named Sue

My daddy left home when I was three

And he didn't leave much to Ma and me

Just this old guitar and an empty bottle of booze.

Now, I don't blame him cause he run and hid

But the meanest thing that he ever did

Was before he left, he went and named me 'Sue.'

Well, he must o' thought that is was quite a joke

And it got a lot of laughs from a' lots of folk,

It seems I had to fight my whole life through.

Some gal would giggle and I'd get red

And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,

I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named 'Sue.'

Well, I grew up quick and I grew up mean,

My fist got hard and my wits got keen,

I'd roam from town to town to hide my shame.

But I made me a vow to the moon and stars

That I'd search the honky-tonks and bars

And kill that man that give me that awful name.

Well, it was Gatlinburg in mid-July

And I just hit town and my throat was dry,

I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew.

At an old saloon on a street of mud,

There at a table, dealing stud,

Sat the dirty, mangy dog that named me 'Sue.'

Well, I knew that snake was my own sweet dad

From a worn-out picture that my mother'd had,

And I knew that scar on his cheek and his evil eye.

He was big and bent and gray and old,

And I looked at him and my blood ran cold

And I said: "My name is 'Sue!' how do you do! Now you gonna die!"

Well, I hit him hard right between the eyes

And he went down but, to my surprise,

He come up with a knife and cut off a piece of my ear.

But I busted a chair right across his teeth

And we crashed through the wall and into the street

Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

I tell ya, I've fought tougher men

But I really can't remember when,

He kicked like a mule and he bit like a crocodile.

I heard him laugh and then I heard him cuss,

He went for his gun and I pulled mine first,

He stood there lookin' at me and I saw him smile.

And he said: "Son, this world is rough

And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough

And I know I wouldn't be there to help ya along.

So I give ya that name and I said good-bye

I knew you'd have to get tough or die

And it's that name that helped to make you strong."

He said: 'Now you just fought one hell of a fight

And I know you hate me, and you got the right

To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do.

But ya ought to thank me, before I die,

For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye

Cause I'm the son-of-a-bith that named you 'Sue'.'

I got all choked up and I threw down my gun

And I called him my pa, and he called me his son,

And I come away with a different point of view.

And I think about him, now and then,

Every time I try and every time I win,

And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him

Bill or George or Anything but Sue! I still hate that name!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Here's To You by O.A.R.

What you see going by is a shadow.

You?ve got to live in front of your eyes.

In a typical way we stray, checking back with the past.

In a typical day we?ll stay to see what?s gonna last.

But I didn?t mind at all.

I didn't mind at all

I didn't mind at all

I didn't mind at all

Well there was a place we?d chase through the woods in my juvenile days.

What a typical waste of space, what a wonderful place to stay.

But I could have cried but I just left my soul to fly.

And I could have chilled at will, but I didn?t know how to die.

But I didn?t mind at all.

I didn't mind at all

I didn't mind at all

I didn't mind at all

No, I?ve been woken, and I have been broken.

But this time it?s gonna change

For,

I?ve been lazy, and I been crazy.

Has been stolen,

But from,

From this day on I swear to you true.

From this day on I swear to you.

Well there was at time when I could have flown out of the room.

Yet I didn?t care just where I was going after noon.

Though I didn?t know and I chose to live my life so fair.

And I could have died, but I chose to live here instead

But I didn?t mind at all.

I didn't mind at all

I didn't mind at all

I didn't mind at all

I?ve been woken, and I have been broken

But this time its gonna change

For, I?ve been lazy and I have been crazy

But this time it?s not hazy at all

Cause I?ve been,

I?ve been chose my heart has been stolen

But from,

From this day on, I swear to you true.

From this day on, I swear to you true.

I say now way back when you and all your friends

Had some good times we should do this again we?d say

Hey, hey, hey we should do this again, we?d say.

But in the mean meanwhile, I?ll just walk the mile.

I won?t look back won?t forget your smile

Oh no, hey hey hey we should do this again, we?d say.

But I swear to you true.

From this day on I swear to you true I swear I do.

NO. I won?t give you back.

From this day on I swear to you true.

I swear I do

God, I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

The Noose -

A Perfect Circle

So glad to see you well

Overcome and completely silent now

Without himself

You cast your demons out

And not to pull your halo down

Around your neck and tug you off your cloud

But I'm more than just curious

How you're planning to go about

Making your amends to the dead

To the dead

Recall the deeds as if

They're all someone else's

Atrocious stories

Now you stand reborn before us all

So glad to see you well

And not to pull your halo down

Around your neck and tug you to the ground

But I'm more than just curious

How you're planning to go about

Making your amends to the dead

To the dead

With your halo slipping down

Your halo slipping

Your halo slipping down

Your halo slipping down

Your halo slipping down [repeated]

Your halo slipping down to choke you now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

D-12 - My Band

From the album "D-12 World"

[intro - Eminem]

I don't know dude, I think everyone's all jealous and s***,

Coz I'm like the lead singer of the band dude,

And I think everybody's got a f***en problem with me dude,

And they need to take it up with me after the show, because

[Chorus - Eminem]

These chicks don't even know the name of my band

But they're all on me like they wanna hold hands

Coz once I blow they know that I'll be the man

All because I'm the lead singer of my band

[Verse 1 - Eminem]

So I get offstage right, drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and I'm all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady, I'm the lead singer of D-12 baby"

They're all like "Oh my God it's him!, Becky oh my f***ing God it's Eminem!, I swear to f***ing God that you f***ing rock, please Marshall please let me s*** your c***"

Now by now, the rest of the fellas get jealous

Especially when I drop the beat and do my acapellas

All the chicks start yellin' all the hot babes

Throw their bras and their shirts and their panties on stage

So like every single night they pick a fight with me

But when we fight it's kinda like sibling rivalry

Coz they're back on stage the next night with me

"Dude I just think your trying to steal the light from me"

Yesterday Kuniva tried to pull a knife on me

Coz I told him Jessica Alba is my wife-to-be

This rockstar s*** is the life for me

And all the other guys just despise me B coz

[Chorus - Eminem]

These chicks don't even know the name of my band

But they're all on me like they wanna hold hands

Coz once I blow they know that I'll be the man

All because I'm the lead singer of my band

[bridge - Eminem]

My band x 9

[Verse 2 - Swift]

You just wanna see a n**** backwards don't you?

Ain't that how come we don't rap pro tours

Smash these vocals and do a performance

But we in a van and he in a tour bus

You don't want my autograph youse a liar

And nah I'm Swift

(Oh I thought you were Kuniva)

What the hell is wrong with our dressing room?

Cause our s*** is looking smaller then a decimal

See I know how to rap, it's simple but

All I did is read a Russell Simmons book

So I'm all in tact trying to get on the map

Doing jumping-jacks while getting whipped on my back

[Verse 3 - Kuniva & Kon Artist]

[Kuniva] Look at Em little punk-ass thinking he the s***

[Kon Artist] Yea I know man by himself taking all the clicks

[Kuniva] Yo I thought we had an interview with DJ Clue

[Eminem] No I had an interview, not you two

[Kuniva] You gon be late for sound-check

[Kon Artist] Man I ain't going 2 sound-check

[Kuniva] Our mics is screwed up

[Kon Artist] And his always sound best

You know what man, imma say something, Yo Em

[Eminem] You got something to say?

[Kon Artist] Man no

[Kuniva] I thought you was about to tell him off man, whats up?

[Kon Artist] Man Imma tell him when I feel like man shutup

And you aint even back me up we supposed to be crew

[Kuniva] Man I was about to talk right after you

[Kon Artist] Oh man whatever

[Kuniva] I swear, I swear man

[Chorus - Eminem]

These chicks don't even know the name of my band

But they're all on me like they wanna hold hands

Coz once I blow they know that I'll be the man

All because I'm the lead singer of my band

[Verse 4 - Proof]

They say the lead singers rock but the group is not

Once we sold out arenas to amusement parks

I'm gonna let the world know that Proof is hot

I should cut his mic off when the music starts (Yo wh-)

Ready to snap on a dumb-ass fan

Every time I hear "Hey dude I love your band!"

We ain't a band bith, we don't play instruments

So why he getting 90 and we only get 10 percent

And these guys acting funny every area code

"Proof carry my bag" bith carry your own

Can't make it to the stage, security in the way

Who the f*** are you? (Wheres Obie and Dre?)

[Verse 5 - Bizarre]

Dammit I'm sick of this group

Time for me to go solo and make some loot

I told you I made the beats and wrote all the raps

Till Kon Artist, slipped me some crack

"Lose Yourself" video - I was in the back

"Superman" video - I was in the back

For the media, I got some suggestions

F*** Marshall, ask us the questions

Like who are D-12, how we get started

(But what about Eminem?)

bith are you retarded?

Anyway I'm the popularest guy in the group

Big ass stomach, bithes think I'm cute

50 told me to do sit-ups to get buff

Did 2 and-a-half and couldn't get up

F*** D-12, I'm outta this band

I'm bout to start a group with the real Roxanne

[Eminem]

Girl why can't you see you're the only one for me

And it just tears my ass apart to know that you don't know my name

You don't know my name

[Chorus - Bizarre & Eminem]

These chicks don't even know the name of my band (Haha)

But they're all on me like they wanna hold hands (F*** Marshall)

Coz once I blow they know that I'll be the man (Yea)

All because I'm the new...... (Hahahah)

[Eminem & Bizarre]

My band, my band, our band, your band, our band , Roxanne, Shauntan

[Outro]

The hottest band in the world:

D-12!

[Eminem - Mexican Accent]

I'm the lead singer of my band I get all the girls to take off their underpants

I'm the lead singer of my band my salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance

My salsa

Look out for my next single it's called "My Salsa"

My salsa salsa salsa salsa

My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants

My salsa makes all the pretty girls want to dance and take off their underpants

My salsa

Hey! Where did everybody go?

Edited by Sidewinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Cause our sith is looking smaller then a decimal

Didnt know they were into starwars :p

And i think its 'YO!' not "aiyo" ...oh and

[Kon Artist] And his always sound best

You know what man, imma say something, aiyo Em

Kuniva says 'Yo em' :p

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana

Load up on guns and bring your friends

It's fun to lose and to pretend

She's over bored and self assured

Oh no, I know a dirty word

Hello, hello, hello, how low?

(chorus)

With the lights out it's less dangerous

Here we are now, entertain us

I feel stupid and contagious

Here we are now, entertain us

A mulatto

An albino

A mosquito

My Libido

Yay!

I'm worse at what I do best

And for this gift I feel blessed

Our little group has always been

And always will until the end

Hello, hello, hello, how low?

(chorus)

And I forget just why I taste

Oh yeah, I guess it makes me smile

I found it hard, it was hard to find

Oh well, whatever, nevermind

hello, hello, hello, how low?

(chorus)

With the lights out it's less dangerous

Here we are now, entertain us

I feel stupid and contagious

Here we are now, entertain us

A mulatto

An albino

A mosquito

My Libido

A denial...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Space Oddity

David Bowie

Words and music by David Bowie

Ground Control to Major Tom

Ground Control to Major Tom

Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Ground Control to Major Tom

Commencing countdown, engines on

Check ignition and may God's love be with you

(spoken)

Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff

This is Ground Control to Major Tom

You've really made the grade

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

"This is Major Tom to Ground Control

I'm stepping through the door

And I'm floating in a most peculiar way

And the stars look very different today

For here

Am I sitting in a tin can

Far above the world

Planet Earth is blue

And there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles

I'm feeling very still

And I think my spaceship knows which way to go

Tell my wife I love her very much she knows"

Ground Control to Major Tom

Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong

Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Can you hear me, Major Tom?

Can you....

"Here am I floating round my tin can

Far above the Moon

Planet Earth is blue

And there's nothing I can do."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

The Reason

Hoobastank

I'm not a perfect person

As many things I wish I didn't do

But I continue learning

I never meant to do those things to you

And so I have to say before I go

That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you

It's something I must live with everyday

And all the pain I put you through

I wish that I could take it all away

And be the one who catches all your tears

Thats why i need you to hear

I've found a resaon for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is You [x4]

I'm not a perfect person

I never meant to do those things to you

And so I have to say before I go

That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

I wonder how the hell they came up with the name, Hoobastank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

*shrugs* We'd prolly prefer not to know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I love that song...

Casting Crowns - Who Am I

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth

Would care to know my name

Would care to feel my hurt

Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star

Would choose to light the way

For my eevr wandering heart

Not because of who I am

But because of what You've done

Not because of what I've done

But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading

Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean

A vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling

Lord, You catch me when I'm falling

And You've told me who I am

I am Yours, I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin

Would look on me with love and watch me rise again

Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea

Would call out through the rain

And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am

But because of what You've done

Not because of what I've done

But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading

Here today and gone tomorrow

A wave tossed in the ocean

A vapor in the wind

Still You hear me when I'm calling

Lord, You catch me when I'm falling

And You've told me who I am

I am Yours

I am Yours

Whom shall I fear

Whom shall I fear

'Cause I am Yours

I am Yours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Johnny Cash - Hurt (Yeah, I know it was Nine Inch Nails originally, but this version is much better)

I hurt myself today,

to see if i still feel,

I focus on the pain,

the only thing thats real,

The needle tears a hole,

the old familiar sting,

try to kill it all away,

but I remember everything.

(Chorus)

What have I become,

my sweetest friend?

Everyone i know,

goes away in the end,

and you could have it all,

my empire of dirt.

I will let you down.

I will make you hurt.

I wear this crown of thorns,

upon my liars chair,

full of broken thoughts,

I cannot repair,

beneath the stains of time,

the feelings dissapear.

You are someone else.

I am still right here.

What have I become,

my sweetest friend?

Everyone I know,

goes away in the end,

and you could have it all,

my empire of dirt,

I will let you down.

I will make you hurt.

If I could start agian,

a million miles away,

I will keep myself,

I would find a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

Hey, it's that song GI was on about before and no one knew but me and him! :p

Memory from the musical Cats

Midnight. Not a sound from the pavement.

Has the moon lost her memory?

She is smiling alone.

In the lamplight

the withered leaves collect at my feet

And the wind begins to moan.

Memory. All alone in the moonlight

I can smile at the old days,

I was beautiful then.

I remember the time I knew what happiness was,

Let the memory live again.

Every street lamp seems to beat a fatalistic warning.

Someone mutters and a street lamp gutters

and soon it will be morning.

Daylight. I must wait for the sunrise,

I must think of a new life

And I mustn't give in.

When the dawn comes tonight will be a memory too

And a new day will begin.

Burnt out ends of smokey days,

the stale cold smell of morning.

The street lamp dies,

another night is over, another day is dawning.

Touch me. It's so easy to leave me

All alone with the memory

Of my days in the sun.

If you touch me you'll understand what happiness is.

Look, a new day has begun.

Edited by Tsl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

Hahaha, that song is so fun to torture my sister with... she hates it with a passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

And now for one of the greatest funk songs of all time. (There aren't many different lyrics, but the song is awesome.)

Parliament - Tear The Roof Off The Sucker (Give Up The Funk) Lyrics

Tear the roof off, we're gonna tear the roof off the mother, sucker

Tear the roof off the sucker

(x4)

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down

There's a whole lot of rhythm going round

(x2)

Ow, we want the funk

Give up the funk

Ow, we need the funk

We gotta have that funk

(x2)

La la la la la

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, owww!

(x2)

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down

There's a whole lot of rhythm going round

(x2)

Ow, we want the funk

Give up the funk

Ow, we need the funk

We gotta have that funk

(x2)

La la la la la

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, owww!

(x2)

We're gonna turn this mother out (x2)

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down

There's a whole lot of rhythm going round

(x4)

Ow, we want the funk

Give up the funk

Ow, we need the funk (let us in we'll tear this mother out [after 2nd &

3rd])

We gotta have that funk

(x7)

Ow, we want the funk (we're gonna turn this mother out)

Give up the funk

Ow, we need the funk (we're gonna turn this mother out)

We gotta have that funk

(x2)

Ow, we want the funk

Give up the funk

Ow, we need the funk (let us in we'll tear this mother out {after 2nd &

3rd})

We gotta have that funk

(x2)

We want the funk

Give up the funk

We need the funk

We gotta have that funk

(x3)

La la la la la

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, owww!

(x2)

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down (x2)

There's a whole lot of rhythm going down

You've got a real type of thing going down, gettin' down

There's a whole lot of rhythm going down

Ow, we want the funk

Give up the funk

Ow, we need the funk (let us in we'll tear this mother out [after 2nd &

3rd])

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

See I know what Im talking about!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

THE RIGHT PROFILE - The Clash

From the album "London Calling"

(Joe Strummer/Mick Jones)

Say, where did I see this guy?

In Red River?

Or A Place in the Sun?

Maybe The Misfits?

Or From Here to Eternity?

Everybody say, is he all right?

And everybody say, what?s he like?

Everybody say, he sure look funny.

That?s...Montgomery Clift, honey!

New York, New York, New York, 42nd Street

Hustlers rustle and pimps pimp the beat

Monty Clift is recognized at dawn

He ain?t got no shoes and his clothes are torn

I see a car smashed at night

Cut the applause and dim the light

Monty?s face is broken on a wheel

Is he alive? can he still feel?

Nembutol numbs it all

But I prefer alcohol!

He said go out and get me my old movie stills!

Go out and get me another roll of pills!

There I go again shaking, but I ain?t got the chills!

Arrrghhhgorra buh bhuh do arrrrgggghhhhnnnn!!!!

-------------------------------------

TRAIN IN VAIN - The Clash

From the album "London Calling"

(strummer/jones)

Say you stand by your man

Tell me something I don?t understand

You said you love me and that?s a fact

Then you left me, said you felt trapped

Well some things you can explain away

But my heartache?s in me till this day

Did you stand by me

No, not at all

Did you stand by me

No way

All the times

When we were close

I?ll remember these things the most

I see all my dreams come tumbling down

I won?t be happy without you around

So all alone I keep the wolves at bay

There is only one thing that I can say

Did you stand by me

No, not at all

Did you stand by me

No way

You must explain why this must be

Did you lie when you spoke to me

Did you stand by me

No, not at all

Now I got a job

But it don?t pay

I need new clothes

I need somewhere to stay

But without all these things I can do

But without your love I won?t make it through

But you don?t understand my point of view

I suppose there?s nothing I can do

Did you stand by me

No, not at all

Did you stand by me

No way

You must explain why this must be

Did you lie when you spoke to me?

Did you stand by me

Did you stand by me

No, not at all

Did you stand by me

No way

Did you stand by me

No, not at all

Did you stand by me

No way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

The Smashing Pumpkins - "Mayonaise"

Fool enough to almost be it

Cool enough to not quite see it

Doomed

Pick your pockets full of sorrow

And run away with me tomorrow

June

We'll try and ease the pain

But somehow we'll feel the same

Well, no one knows

Where our secrets go

I send a heart to all my dearies

When your life is so, so dreary

Dream

I'm rumored to the straight and narrow

While the harlots of my perils

Scream

And I fail

But when I can, I will

Try to understand

That when I can, I will

Mother weep the years I'm missing

All our time can't be given

Back

Shut my mouth and strike the demons

That cursed you and your reasons

Out of hand and out of season

Out of love and out of feeling

So bad

When I can, I will

Words defy the plans

When I can, I will

Fool enough to almost be it

And cool enough to not quite see it

And old enough to always feel this

Always old, I'll always feel this

No more promise no more sorrow

No longer will I follow

Can anybody hear me

I just want to be me

When I can, I will

Try to understand

That when I can, I will

Also, please reference "Hurt," which Fett listed above. These two songs sum up how I feel today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

That old familiar stain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Public Enemy - Fight The Power

(These are all the band's views, not mine)

1989 the number another summer (get down)

Sound of the funky drummer

Music hittin' your heart cause I know you got sould

(Brothers and sisters hey)

Listen if you're missin' y'all

Swingin' while I'm singin'

Givin' whatcha gettin'

Knowin' what I know

While the Black bands sweatin'

And the rhythm rhymes rollin'

Got to give us what we want

Gotta give us what we need

Our freedom of speech is freedom or death

We got to fight the powers that be

Lemme hear you say

Fight the power!

Fight the Power!

Fight the power!

Fight the power!

We gotta fight the powers that be!

As the rhythm designed to bounce

What counts is that the rhymes

Designed to fill your mind

Now that you've realized the prides arrived

We got to pump the stuff to make us tough

from the heart

It's a start, a work of art

To revolutionize make a change nothin's strange

People, people we are the same

No we're not the same

Cause we don't know the game

What we need is awareness, we can't get careless

You say what is this?

My beloved lets get down to business

Mental self defensive fitness

(Yo) bum rush the show

You gotta go for what you know

Make everybody see, in order to fight the powers that be

Lemme hear you say...

Fight the power!

Fight the Power!

Fight the power!

Fight the power!

We gotta fight the powers that be!

Elvis was a hero to most

But he never meant ---- to me you see

Straight up racist that sucker was

Simple and plain

Mother---- him and John Wayne

Cause I'm Black and I'm proud

I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped

Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps

Sample a look back you look and find

Nothing but rednecks for 400 years if you check

Don't worry be happy

Was a number one jam

Damn if I say it you can slap me right here

(Get it) lets get this party started right

Right on, c'mon

What we got to say

Power to the people no delay

To make everybody see

In order to fight the powers that be

Fight the power!

Fight the Power!

Fight the power!

Fight the power!

We gotta fight the powers that be!

Edited by Fett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

Oasis - "Wonderwall"

Today is gonna be the day

That they're gonna throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realised what you gotta do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do about you now

Backbeat the word was on the street

That the fire in your heart is out

I'm sure you've heard it all before

But you never really had a doubt

I don't believe that anybody feels

The way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding

And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I would

Like to say to you

but I don't know how

Because maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me ?

And after all

You're my wonderwall

Today was gonna be the day?

But they'll never throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realised what you're not to do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do

About you now

And all the roads that lead you there were winding

And all the lights that light the way are blinding

There are many things that I would like to say to you

I don't know how

I said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me ?

And after all

You're my wonderwall

I said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me ?

And after all

You're my wonderwall

Said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

You're gonna be the one that saves me

You're gonna be the one that saves me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Weeeeeeeee... Oasis...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.