Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

The Blue Harvest Cantina

Recommended Posts

James the Defender

No, I won't get wasted :p If the party's lame, I'll leave early...and I'm driving, so no drinky for me.

This gives me an idea...at C5.....we'll make Jm and her Hubb the designated drivers. :p

Good idea :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Brilliant!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Brilliant!!

Drinking Guiness, eh? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Boxed beer? How can anything be carbonated in a box?

Never said it tasted good. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Brilliant!!

Drinking Guiness, eh? :p

Phew, at least ONE person got it! ;)

Drinks on me, did our taxes and we're getting a BUNCH o money back! Thank goodness, I had no idea how we were gonna pay the mortgage next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

*gets a Lomin Ale* Yay for Uncle Du!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Mmmmmmm ramen....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I wish I could start my taxes. Haven't gotten all my info yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Me either. Stupid hospital doesn't send them out til the last moment possible, one year they were late with them. I also think that I'm going to meet the medical deduction this year. Heck, I had $750 just in ER co-pays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

How much is the medical deduction? I know that we didn't even go over the default amount for itemized deductions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I don't know but I'm probably close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

*plops into a booth and downs a Lomin* My poor mom, what a freaking ordeal. Her cat escaped yesterday and despite hours of searching, we never found him. She left work sick today, and I drove her home. As I opened the garage door (which they left cracked just in case) and tada! There's the demon kitty.

Glad. That's. Over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

i agree with you about the taxes...based on what i understand, i just can't wait to get all the money i'm owed...

but on the upside i'm going condo shopping today with mom :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Had to repair a big corner of a concrete step today. It was my first attempt ever at laying concrete. I hope I don't take off the border and have the damn thing fall off. :p

step.jpg

step1.jpg

Follow up pic tomorrow when I take the frame off.

Beer time. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Didn't write your initials in it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zcetaa

I hope it turns out well. If I did it I would probably have gotten it all over the place. I probably would have looked like Han only instead of being trapped in carbonite, I would have been trapped in cement! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I once poured 16,500 lbs of concrete in a 1 bag electric mixer, 80lb. bag at a time. Our foreman was literally throwing bags at us to get it done. Worst. Days. Ever...

By the end of the second day, after my shower, I couldn't bend over to put on my pants...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

*sips on a glass of wine*

well...

hopefully...

the bid goes through right away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

What did you do, Du? Drop a bowling ball?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

No, get this: that corner was patched before. A couple weeks ago I had been outside shoveling and when I went to kick the snow off my boots, the whole damn corner popped right off. So today, when I started cleaning out the loose debris, what did I find under the concrete? Friggin' sand! Some douche put SAND down before they laid the last patch. I'm no mason, but I know that you don't put something LOOSE under a concrete patch. I ended up taking so much crap outta there, that the 20 pound tub of concrete I got wasn't enough....which I didn't realize until I had poured it. :p

So I had to run back to Lowe's as fast as I could and get another ten pounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

*headdesk*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

*drags Pod into the room and lets go*

*pours self a drink and mixes up a Blue Lomin for Zcetaa* Enjoy! It's on the house

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

*Continues zooming around the room, leaping over the bar and landing behind it with a horrifying crash. Doesn't reappear*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Uh Pod, are you okay? Or are you licking all the spilled alcohol off the floor again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

EW! Grease puddle! *jumps up behind the bar and starts wiping her tongue with a bar mop* Bleh! Yuck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.