Uncle Du 22 Posted July 22, 2009 I'm all for the consumption of alcohol, but I can't do it when I'm on meds. I've had bad experiences... :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted July 22, 2009 Especially meds that tell you not to drink alcohol when taking them. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted July 22, 2009 Welcome to my life at the moment Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted July 23, 2009 a recruiter for one of the hospitals contacted me on a resume i submitted yesterday. she wants to talk to me! *squee!* i'm going to call when i get off work today, so wish me luck! :jump: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted July 23, 2009 "Squee!" ? Here's to better and bigger things, Jmster! *does the slow clap* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted July 23, 2009 May the Force be with ya! It's thunderstorming here! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted July 23, 2009 I hope you get the job!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 24, 2009 *grabs a drink or three* Ok, opinion time! Catty or rational? My husband added this chick on facebook from high school he apparently had this HUGE thing for. He told me about her when we first got together. His mom, sis and dad have all told me how he just pined for this girl and couldn't get over her. Until me. Yeah, okay?? Anyway. Catty to add her and make myself known or rational to want to make sure she knows who I am and that she won't get away with jack? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted July 24, 2009 I think sometimes women need to just let the crazy out quietly and in private. It was high school. He was younger and more immature. You won. He's your husband. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 24, 2009 Heyyyy..... I've dealt silently for four years and yet here we are. The b**** is still an obstacle. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted July 24, 2009 I say Catty....but then again, I don't know how to do relationships I do know that if it was the reverse...and it was some guy my girl knew ages ago...I'd certainly be wary. Investigate those new insect sized spy robot cameras that the military has come up with. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted July 24, 2009 I agree with Du. You should trust your husband, however keeping an eye on the situation is still good. It's okay to be a jealous wife...but don't be too jealous. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 24, 2009 It's not him I don't trust lol! She's the only female that's ever gotten my feathers this ruffled. I just think it's odd that she doesn't talk to him for 8 years, then all of a sudden, "Oh, hi! Oh, you're married?" Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted July 24, 2009 Introduce yourself but don't come off as the uber b**** Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 24, 2009 I wasn't. All I said to her was "Hi, Nicole! I'm Mandi, Walt's wife. I've heard quite a bit about you from him and his family. (All good, I promise! ) Nice to finally put a face with a name!" Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted July 24, 2009 Sounds good. It kinda puts her in her place Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 24, 2009 (edited) My aim was to come across as "Ok, fine, talk to my husband, but know that I do know your name and now your face." And again, for the ones that think it's my husband I don't trust, it's not him. I've had this issue with other females before, just not the girl he was pining for until he met me. He still has a box of letters from her in the basement. Edited July 24, 2009 by Link Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted July 24, 2009 It's not him I don't trust lol! She's the only female that's ever gotten my feathers this ruffled. I just think it's odd that she doesn't talk to him for 8 years, then all of a sudden, "Oh, hi! Oh, you're married?" Facebook lets a lot of people come out of the woodwork... perhaps she say his name in the 'someone you may know' area because of mutual friends. *shrug* I wouldn't immediately think she had ulterior motives. However, it wouldn't do any harm to get to know her. Just don't be like the wife of one of my friends who, on another site, after I just posted something like "hi" on his profile, she gets all over my profile and all "stay away from my husband." And I haven't spoken to him since. Of course, I didn't used to have a relationship with him, either. And... after so many years, you should get him to get rid of those letters. It reminds me of a show I did at work with newlyweds who were having problems. The guy had letters, IM convo printouts and UNDERWEAR in a bunch of boxes of previous girlfriends that he couldn't stand to get rid of. And he had had that stuff for over ten years. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 24, 2009 Wow, that's a psycho wife. I'm not a psycho wife. Just find it kind of strange. They don't have the same circle of friends. She would have had to have been searching specifically for him. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted July 24, 2009 *shrugs* Maybe something happened and she decided to find her old friends or something. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted July 25, 2009 Heyyyy..... I've dealt silently for four years and yet here we are. The b**** is still an obstacle. That's the thing that women don't get. She's not an obstacle. You perceive her as one, big difference. I run into this s*** all the time when it comes to my current wife and my ex. Nat feels like there some competition here, but there's not. And the thing about it is, no matter what men say, women ain't gonna listen. I really think it's women's inability to accept how simple men are. We know what we want and don't want, and we really do like things simple. Women read into s*** SO goddamned much, we don't know how to react. Cause we generally don't. It really is that simple. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 25, 2009 And thank you for that enlightening trip into (the scary world of) the male psyche. It's really kind of a dead issue to bring here as it were. Like I told Prin, there's a whole lot more to it than what I've posted. I'm too lazy to type up the entire thing. Not to mention it gives me a headache thinking about it. So on that note. I'm going to bed. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted July 25, 2009 Du's right. We're simple. I watched a video of a husband and wife talking at a marriage conference. They were talking about how men were like waffles and women like spaghetti. A man's thought process is set up like squares in a waffle. We put one problem or action into one box and the next into the next box and so on. When we're mowing the lawn, then we're mowing the lawn. When we're watching TV, then we're watching TV. The one that women can't seem to wrap their minds around is when we're thinking about nothing. Men can actually think about NOTHING. We are good problem-solvers because we are able to go into a problem, deal with it, and then move along to the next box. Now sometimes it may look like we're good at multi-tasking but, really, we've just gotten good at jumping from one box to another really fast. A woman's thought process is like a spaghetti noodle on a plate of spaghetti. It wraps around, touching pretty much every other noodle on the plate. This makes a woman really good at multi-tasking. They can be talking on the phone while watching TV, while making dinner, while writing up a shopping list, while yelling at the kids to stop running in the house. It also makes them really good at establishing emotional connections and practically impossible for them to think of nothing at all, like a man. Nothing to do with the current discussion but I thought it was remarkably accurate. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted July 25, 2009 I read an article online from one of those scientific websites...that said that women who are smart make bad lovers. The reason is that instead of enjoying it, they're constantly analyzing every little thing that their partner does, which turns counterproductive towards enjoyment. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites