Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Final Fantasy

Andy

Can you believe we didn't have an FF thread already!? :eek:

I'm listening to the FFVIII soundtrack... and it's making me want to play it now... lol

I'd forgotten how awesome FFVIII's soundtrack actually is. It's possibly better than FFVII's! lol

So what's your favourite Final Fantasy soundtracks?

FFVII, FFVIII, and FFX are all pretty good, IMO ;)

Edited by Andy

Ayingel

idk...i like the jpop in ffX2

Andy

I haven't played much of X2... mainly because I played for 5 minutes then decided it sucked. :p

Ayingel

lol it was one of the first games i bought myself for the ps2 when i got one last year...it was cheap and i liked parts of it when i was watching my RS play it senior year.

Tenel Ka

BUMP! :D

Oh my goodness, yesssssss. I could not play through X2. I don't know what it was cause I loved all the characters from FFX and the game was cute and clever and stuff. I just couldn't get through it.

As far as soundtracks, I absolutely love FFVII and FFVIII's -- I actually like the FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus and FFVII: Crisis Core soundtracks a lot too. I'm finally getting around to playing through Crisis Core and liking Zack Fair a whole lot. <3 Hehe~ And this is making me want to replay FFVII. So I'll probably do that once I finish Crisis Core.

Andy

I don't have a PSP so i can't play Crisis Core :(

Uncle Du

I remember back a few years ago, before the PS3 was released, that FFVII was going to be remade for the PS3. I also remember seeing a trailer from the beginning of the game when Cloud jumps of the train in Midgar. What's the deal, are they not doing that any more? That was always the big selling point for the PS3 for me. If they re-released VII for that console, I would buy one just for that game. I don't think I'm the only one either.

Andy

It was just a technical demonstration, Square-Enix insist they were never planning to remake FF7.

But I agree; I'd buy it. :p

However I think it is unlikely to happen as apparently it would take a decade to complete, which is a long time to spend on a remake. Also, the gameplay style of FF7 has fallen out of fashion with anyone who isn't already a die-hard FF7 fan, so it would never be as successful as the original unless they changed the gameplay. And I for onewould really prefer it if they didn't mess around with the game mechanics. lol

Uncle Du

I totally agree, the gameplay and materia system are what has made it my favorite of all time. You really don't think people would get into that battle system if they re-released it?

Andy

Well I'm not sure, but there hasn't been a successful turn-based RPG for a while.

Rogue

I'm a personal fan of it being re-released.

I think that a lot of fans are too---a lot of people want to see all the cool places in Gaia outside of Edge (Which was built post-game) and Nibelheim. Crisis Core gives a nice tour, but you don't get to see the Golden Saucer, or Wutai in any great detail. It was a lot of fun exploring Midgar in Crisis Core too, but a lot of it was cut out, such as the train graveyard.

I think it would also be fun to watch the Turks being...well, Turks for once. They softened up a lot in Advent Children. I wanna see Reno drop the plate and wreck Aeris' roses. And I want to see Cloud fall through the church, and Aeris put him in a dress :p

They don't need to change the gameplay or even the shots. Just update the graphics. I know a lot of people who would buy that.

Uncle Du

I'll drink to that! ;)

Andy

They don't need to change the gameplay or even the shots. Just update the graphics. I know a lot of people who would buy that.

I know, but I doubt they would ever just do that. :???:

Uncle Du

It's a bummer.

Rogue

It has hope. I'm also hoping that once they completely use up FF VII they'll move on to VIII ;)

Uncle Du

I didn't get into VIII as much as I had hoped. I really HATED the draw system. I just couldn't get the hang of it. I never really understood the concept of junctioning high powered spells to your other abilities. Cause I mean, I wanna USE Ultima and not have my overall HP drop cause it's junctioned. I dunno, that's just me.

And I always forgot to draw from the bosses too, so I missed out on good stuff. :p

Andy

It has hope. I'm also hoping that once they completely use up FF VII they'll move on to VIII ;)

Square hated VIII though. lol

Uncle Du

Good, cause so did I. ;)

I never beat that one. Hated Ultimecia's castle.

Andy

Well I loved it. :p

Uncle Du

Well why don't ya just marry it then!! ;)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.