Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Radioactive Isotope

MegaTokyo

Radioactive Isotope

my brother somehow stumbled across MegaTokyo on the web, bought the books, and talked me into reading it. i think it's become my new obsession. if you haven't read it, it's about two guys, Piro and Largo, who go to Japan and spend all their money on games and anime stuff and can't afford plane tickets back to the States. Largo is a h4rdc0r3 g4m3r, and Piro is an anime-obsessed fan-boy who speaks fluent Japanese. it's a really funny comic, even if you're not really into the gaming. you can catch the entire story for free on the web, or buy volumes 1-4. the books have extra stuff, so they are actually worth buying.

anyone else read MegaTokyo?

Drake

I havn't been keeping up with the web comics due to my other obsession, WoW. I've read the books though. They are t3h ub3r. And....Largo is my hero...and Junpei...and Asmodeus...And Dom. And I have an 3VIL L33T t-shirt. :D

Piro: Why are you naked?

Largo: One must take drastic measures to prevent static discharge. Care must be taken to preserve the purity of these components. PH34R MY L33T N3KKID SKILLZ!

:lol:

*squeek*

Edited by Drake

Radioactive Isotope

if i had a credit card, i'd be ordering the "ph344 t3h cut3 ones" shirt. and the Boo plushie. it's too cute ^_^

Drake

My girlfriend has the shirt and wants the plushie, lol.

Radioactive Isotope

*blink* whoa. weird.

nice avatar, by the way.

Drake

Perfect timing with this thread, by the way. I was just starting to reread the books when you posted it.

My favourite Largo quote (so far):

"You have been taught to think that gaming is 'wrong' -- a waste of time and money.

As Great Teacher Largo, it is my duty to show you the truth.

Through gaming, you will gain strength, speed and dexterity. You will learn strategy, planning, and how to survive against all odds.

Without these skills, you are no better than non-player characters.

I will not teach NPCs."

:D

Drake

Waaaa!

Largo's depression binge is pissing me off.

Radioactive Isotope

but he's kindof amusing when he's that wasted.

and Piro needs to make a move on Kimiko already. geez. they like each other and they both know it.

Drake

Beer can stuck in the hair...classic. :p

I agree. My predictions for the next strip is that Kimiko will come out of the bathroom to confront Piro, forgetting that she's only in her underwear. :lol:

Radioactive Isotope

and then Piro will get all embarassed and run away and get depressed cuz he's such a loser. :p

Neil1

Megatokyo sucks on two fronts - poor storyline, poor jokes but excellent drawing

went downhill when the other guy split... 4 years ago hah

Radioactive Isotope

bl45ph3m3y! *slays Neil*

Andy

Wow, I guess JM is pretty passionate about that comic strip. :p

Drake

I agree that it lost some of it's edge when Rodney Caston left. I noticed because Largo lost a lot of his craziness and gained "feelings". I still love the comic though.

Radioactive Isotope

what, Largo can't have feelings? he's a person too! albeit a crazy one, but still. :p

Drake

I'm not saying he can't. I'm just saying that I liked it a bit better when it was Piro who did all the feeling and Largo did anything and everything he wanted, despite "laws" or boundaries between fasntasy and reality. :p

Radioactive Isotope

i don't think he's quite crossed that line yet. the whole spiel with Erika about how he was betrayed by that one dude only happened in a game.

but yeah, he was funnier before he started acknowledging feelings. but like in all good stories, the characters have to evolve over time.

Neil1

it's becoming a tiresome format - that's the problem :p

Drake

I don't think it is.

GI_Admiral

I'm Junpei....my l337 m4st3r goes to JPL :p

Drake

I like how this Wednesday's comic had a frame showing a billboard for the Wii, another for a PS4 and another for a X-Box 720. :p

Chickenman

I think it's a Wii III :p

Radioactive Isotope

i ordered a couple shirts:

Live in your world, Die in mine!

Ph33r my reality

my brother got some too, but i'm not gonna list 'em ;)

Radioactive Isotope

zombie zilla! OMG!!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.