Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

X-Men

Andy

more than three is just excessive and starts to take away from the movies themselves.

I'm sure there is a successful movie series that has had more than 3 movies in it. There must be. I can't quite put my finger on it though... ;)

Ana

Halle Berry has said that she refuses to do another. And Storm isn't a bit part for them to write out. Who the heck are they gonna get to replace Halle Berry?

GI_Admiral

lol they'll pull a southpark, use previous voiceclips and CG, and kill her off :p

Radioactive Isotope

good. cuz i didn't like her anyway :p

Mara

more than three is just excessive and starts to take away from the movies themselves.

I'm sure there is a successful movie series that has had more than 3 movies in it. There must be. I can't quite put my finger on it though... ;)

I believe Star Wars is technically two seperate trilogies... ;)

Andy

I believe Star Wars is technically two seperate trilogies... ;)

Ask George Lucas then. :p

TheUnknown

While perusing the Internet Movie Database, I came upon a movie titled Magneto that's in production. Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Rebecca Romijin are listed.

Muy interesante

Mara

Yup, yup. I heard about this a while back.

TheUnknown

I did some searching on Wikipedia about Jean Grey, the Phoenix, and the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas. In the comics, there was orginally no separate entity called "The Phoenix." It was an extension of Jean Grey. But after they killed Grey off in the comics, they wanted to bring her back. So, they came up with the idea of a separate entity called the Phoenix force. So, I'm wondering if they might do this in another movie.

CorSec

No one really dies in the comics. (No one).

Rogue

Especially Jean Grey. Doesn't she even get cloned?

Anyway, Wolverine movie promises to be good. And believe it or not, you COULD do an Appocalypse movie without Storm. I mean, I know she was one of the four horsemen in Evolution, but I think it's up to interpretation beyond that.

However, the movies did jumble the timeline beyond recognition.

Drake

Why, did Halle turn down the role?

I should play Rise of Apocalypse again. That was a fun game.

TheUnknown

Especially Jean Grey. Doesn't she even get cloned?

From what I've read, multiple times. She gets cloned by the Pheonix force, which then goes crazy and commits suicide. And Madalyn Pryor is her clone as well.

CorSec

Check out this game

http://www.sporcle.com/games/xmen.php

It's a timed guessing game for various X-men related characters. Pictures are the clues. Don't google/wiki cheat!

I managed 38/42. Read the spoilers after you've done it :p

I missed Shadow King, Marrow, Marvel Girl and Sunfire.

I never read a Shadow King related comic. Marrow is kind of new. Sunfire I just couldn't remember. I kept trying Rachel Gray for Marvel Girl -.- I think it would accept Rachel Summers

I kept trying 'Sabertooth' rather than 'Sabretooth', so I was pretty frustrated. Luckily it accepted 'Victor Creed'. =P

Andy

I thought I did quite well, considering I'm not an X-men nut!

I missed:

Bishop

Emma Frost

Havok

Psylocke

Cable

Scarlet Witch

Sentinel

Apocalypse

Banshee

Lady Deathstrike

Mr. Sinister

Shadow King

Cannonball

Silver Samurai

Omega Red

Ms Marvel

Jubilee

Marrow

Quicksilver

Chamber

Marvel Girl

Domino

Yes, that's quite a few, but like I said, I haven't read any of the comics. :)

Drake

39/42

Missed Shadow King, Marrow, and Chamber.

TheUnknown

35/42, but you can add another one because I missed

Jean Grey

by accident and would have recognized her had I not skimmed over that part.

I missed

Shadow King

. I recognized him, but couldn't place his name.

I've heard of

Banshee, Marrow, and Sunfire

but missed them. I've never heard of

Domino and Silver Samurai

TheUnknown

I looked up

Domino

on Wikipedia. The character's powers are altering probability to make it more favorable. Essentially, the character's mutant power is good luck. The Scarlet Witch has a similar power. Am I the only one who thinks that is a really uncreative power?

Drake

Scarlet Witch's powers are far different and much more powerful.

From Marvel.com:

The Scarlet Witch can tap into mystic energy for reality-altering effects; this power was formerly limited to the creation of "hex-spheres" of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force to cause molecular disturbances in a target's probability field, resulting in spontaneous combustion, deflection of objects in flight, and so on. She later became able to alter reality on a far greater scale, creating entire armies of enemies from nowhere. Although the Scarlet Witch has been trained in basic sorcery techniques, she lacks the specialized mystic training required to fully control her power.

TheUnknown
Initially, the Scarlet Witch had the mutant ability to manipulate probability via her "hexes", which usually manifested physically as "hex spheres" or "hex bolts". Wanda has the ability to affect probability fields to cause an occurrence of various unlikely phenomena
Edited by TheUnknown

Drake

Probably the same thing, just very different wording.

TheUnknown

I was thinking the other day that it would be wicked cool to see a crossover between X-Men and the Terminator series (the future war part of it). Could you imagine characters like Wolverine, Rogue, and Colosus against terminators? Or seeing what Magneto could do to them?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.