Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Chickenman

Ender's Game

Chickenman

Anyone else read the Ender series?

I might be going out on a limb here, but I assume Ender did. :p

I'm currently on Xenocide, but I havn't picked it up in awhile. Need to finish the stack of books on my desk now before I return to it.

Ender

Yes. It's amazing, fantastic, and wonderful. Read them all. Now.

Andy

I'll prolly read them one day. my reading pile is still 16 books and growing :p

Queso

I've read all of the Ender series and the Bean series, in paperback to date. It's all awesome

Chickenman

Yeah. My one complaint for the series so far was the ending to Ender's Game. I hated how he wrapped it up.

Strike

I have it, but havent read it yet. My friend thought I'd like it and told me to pick it up. I have so many books to read *sigh*

GI_Admiral

Enders game = awesome!!! :O

Chickenman

Finished Xenocide, and for awhile it was my favorite book, which was weird because there was absolutely no action in it whatsoever. Rarely do I read books without action. Just some of the themes he explored were incredible, as well as his explorations of it.

Of course, just like Ender's Game, he absolutely blew the ending. Yet it was still my favorite book for a time. So the begining and the end were pretty sweet. :p

I've got Children of the Mind, the last of the quadrilogy, lying on my floor right now, and then I can move onto the accompanying Bean series.

Emperor Fel I

It is The World's Greatest Series.

Chickenman

Still haven't gotten around to Children of the Mind, which is both a product of having other things to read and a general cooling in my attitude towards Orson Scott Card. For one, suggesting Utah should secede if gay marriage is made legal in the United States. If you want to be a homophobe, fine by me (Not really), but to suggest treason over an issue like that is the height of stupidity. Oh, and also, the overarching theme of his books is tolerance and acceptance, you goddamn hypocrite. Then he follows that up by defecating on his first book by writing an accompanying novella about Ender winning the War on Christmas when those evil secularists at Battle School ban it. Please. Way to make a quick buck off of Bill O'Reilly's fear-mongering, at the expense of a classic by quickly tossing off 120 pages of paranoia.

Good writer though.

Edited by Chickenman

James the Defender

I loved Ender's Game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.