Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
GreenEagle2005

Dark Nest Trilogy [spoilers And Speculation]

Uncle Du

OK, I'm a little behind the times here, but I just finished the Unseen Queen. If ever there was time that I found Luke to be a piece o crap, it was in this book. To think that he modeled the Jedi to all be focused on one leader, HIMSELF, just baffles the crap outta me. I just cannot believe that the Jedi would be so incompetent without him around. It really pisses me off, and really makes the Jedi look like crap. I'm liking Jacen more and more, because he is really the only one doing things for the good of the Force. Kyp, Corran, and all the other Masters claim to want to do the will of the Force, but they all follow what THEY feel is the right course of action.

Now, is Jecen really right in the course of his actions? Only time will tell. In the NJO, his vision of the galaxy plummeting into darkness never came true. Was it his actions? Or the actions of everyone else? Who knows. But Jacen's mastery of the Force is in no doubt among, if not, the greatest at the time. I have to say, that really, Jacen is the only one that hasn't been steered towards one point of view or the other in this "bug war". And his decision to protect his daughter at all costs is extremely laudable in my eyes. I have to say that I would make the same decision. Given the choice between my son, and a race of beings that are most likely under control of some dark force, I would for sure choose my son. So more power to him.

So, that's the what I've got to say. Has the third book come out yet? I want to see what happens.

Mara

Yeah, end of December, I think.

Well, I think Luke's just been confused lately, with how to actually define the Force. First he was with Ben and Yoda's theory, with a light and a dark. But after the events in the NJO, he thought it was just one side, and it depended on what he used it for. Now, I think he's wondering whether that's the right course of thought and whether the light and dark are still part of it.

I think part of why he's kinda waffling around is because he's not sure of everything now.

And...

SPOILER

Maybe I don't remember Joiner King much...but when did Jacen and Tenel Ka have sex?

I can understand the slowing the pregnancy part to a year... but...I don't remember the actual "conception" say... Or was it just understood?

It has been since August that I read it.

Tsl

lol, it was in there and pretty obvious, but it's SW, so they didn't exactly write it out cheap romance novel style.

I just picked up the newest one the other day, haven't got a chance to start it yet. Been reading the book on beagles I bought with it :p

Mara

Well, as I said.. it's been since August that I read it. :p

Princess

Trilogy sucked. The final book was totally anticlimatic. Meh.

Tsl

I'm about a third of the way through the last one.

Luke is such a deuche bag. :evil:

Tsl

Are there any post-bug-trillogy books planned yet?

Andy

Yeah, there's still Legacy of the Force to come yet; the nine (I think)-book series, by Aaron Allston, Karen Traviss and Troy Denning, due this spring.

First novel is called "Betrayal".

*excited* :D

Chickenman

YES!!! Three of my favorite SW authors. :D

Tsl

Aaron Allston?!!

Hells yeah!!

*leaps for joy*

EDIT: Ah, looked it up on Amazon. Comes out in May. Hardcover. We have to wait till MAY!?? Suppose that's Jacen on the cover doing some betraying? lol

Edited by The Tsl

Andy

Betraying is cool whoever it is :p

Chris Loves You

We have to wait till MAY!??

Just close your eyes and count to ten, and it will be May before you know it.

I mean, you'll have to count really, REALLY slowly, but it'll work.

Tsl

:p

1... 1.01.... 1.011.... 1.012.....

Oh, and finished the Trillogy. Disappointing ending. Very abrupt and unsatisfying. I suppose they left alot to be covered in the upcoming series so they likely did it that way on purpose to get you to want to read Betrayal. But argh! Overall it wasn't too bad though. Kind of stupid, but there have definitely been worse in the SW universe. I started to really like the Killiks, lol. I want them to come back, without the retaredness of the Lomi character, thankyouverymuch.

Edited by The Tsl

Princess

I totally agree about the ending TSL

Princess

Author, Troy Denning has joined SW.com and is participating in The Swarm War thread answering the questions of the readers

Mara

Yeah, I felt it ended sorta anticlimatic too....

And I felt that defeating everyone in the end was a little too easy. Like the author figured he had only a few more pages to use up and had to end the novel. *Shrug*

Also... this is a small observation.. but why do all the important military commanders and politicians and such seem to care so much about the Jaina/Jag situation? I mean.. shouldn't that all be between them only?

Oh well.. it leaves a few loose ends to figure out for the next series.. even though it'll be about 3-4 years later.

Tsl

probably for the same reason everybody and their cousin seemed to have a fully armed x-wing whether they were in the military or not, lol

Mara

Heh. True.

Basically, it seemed like this trilogy was just to waste time before the new era began. The authors had to come up with another enemy to defeat.

*shrug*

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.