Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Shatterpoint [SPOILERS]

Princess

Stover does a great job of getting deeper than most authors

Radioactive Isotope

he's absolutely amazing. *bows*

Skywalker

I usually dont read PT books, such as Shadow Hunter or Rogue planet and such, but I took a chance and read Shatterpoint and was amazed. Shatterpoint is a really good book.

Since there are spoilers I'll say some...

I think Mace windus ability to see the shattering point on every thing/situation is really cool. I know the people at SWMB Force Philosophy are having a fun time discussing, what exactly is the darkness in the jungle? and if the Korun are the good guys even though they slaughter innocents.

My Favorite character was Nick, just cause he was witty...but still loyal.

Also, I enjoyed the journal system and how Mr Stover writes...

If I had any power to rank this book, I would give it either 4 or 4.5/5 due to some slowness in the beginning(sp) and in some jungle scenes.

But this is all IMHO...

I thought about picking this one up, but I didn't because it had Mace on it. He seems to slow and things to be a good book. But if it is really good. I think I will try it out.

Radioactive Isotope

it's a bit slow to start, but the philosophy of the Force and the graphicness of the war are really amazing. if you read Traitor and liked it, you'll love this one.

Chickenman

Shatterpoint was amazing.

Uncle Du

I have to agree, it was a really great book. It kinda makes Mace seem more human if you will.

[Master_Revan]

It makes mace seem very dedicated. For a jedi master, he has to face his own darkness, which is moreso than most. But he overcomes it, and he also manages to be a bad assed mofo whilst doing it. I just loved this book, my favourite SW book so far, matt did a great job. I liked kar as well, and all the clever things mace did, and just the whole book, and how he used vaapad, and then came out of it, and did all these smart little things that all added up. Plus defeating kar and depa at the end, and everything......just made me like mace even more, and gave me a deeper understanding of the man below the cool, calm exterior.

Radioactive Isotope

it's a shame Lucas screwed up the character so much.

[Master_Revan]

it's a shame Lucas screwed up the character so much.

What do you mean? Do you mean stover's portrayal was better, or that you don't like the character at all? I really like mace, my favourite PT character.

Radioactive Isotope

Mace is my favorite as well, but Lucas really didn't do much with such an amazing character. granted he's not the star, but i think so much more could have been done with him. Stover's portrayal was waaaaaay better.

Princess

Well it just helps that Stover is a kickass author

Radioactive Isotope

yeah, that too

[Master_Revan]

Lol, good, i had hoped that was what you were saying. I too thought that mace's role in the PT was limited, and that matt's portrayal of him was much deeper, and far better generally. It showed every aspect of the character, gace gim his own little story, and made me like the character even more.

Drake

Lucas screwed the character up? He created the character and Sam Jackson portrayed the character. That's how he is. If anyone "screwed up" the character, it was Stover...granted he screwed it up in a good way, lol.

Radioactive Isotope

even before Shatterpoint came out, i thought they should have done more with Mace. i mean, it's Samuel L Jackson for gosh sakes.

[Master_Revan]

Lucas screwed the character up? He created the character and Sam Jackson portrayed the character. That's how he is. If anyone "screwed up" the character, it was Stover...granted he screwed it up in a good way, lol.

I was under the impression the SLJ had gone to GL before the making of ep1 and asked for a role, and GL had then made the character to suit SLJ, though originally there wasn't going to be a mace windu? And the SLJ demanded a purple lightsaber, ewoking up GL's blue/green colour scheme forever! Muhahahahahah!

Chickenman

Nope.

Jackson said on TV that he was a huge star wars fan, and GL offered him a role in the PT. I don't think he asked for the purple, and though every jedi portrayed in the movie save him had a blue/green/red, that doesn't mean he specifically requested it. And having diffrent color lightsabers than just those 3 came into play long before the PT.

[Master_Revan]

I'm sure SLJ specifically asked for that Saber for ep2, because originally, in the game "Jedi battles" or something, his blade was blue, because GL wanted to keep it simple -- blue and green = jedi, red =sith. But SLJ demanded his purple blade, and so he got it.

Andy

He didn't "demand" one. I read an interview with SLJ once where he said that he hinted to GL by asking if he had to have a blue/green one, and suggested maybe he could have purple. GL said that he would think about it, and obviously he let him.

Radioactive Isotope

well, yeah. he's SLJ. if he wants a purple saber, he gets a purple saber. ;)

Chickenman

I'm sure SLJ specifically asked for that Saber for ep2, because originally, in the game "Jedi battles" or something, his blade was blue, because GL wanted to keep it simple -- blue and green = jedi, red =sith. But SLJ demanded his purple blade, and so he got it.

Nope. He had a blue one during TPM, and when Lucas decided he'd have a purple one, Dark Horse created a backstory behind the lightsaber switch. You see, at the time, Mace had Eeth Koth's lightsaber, and Koth had Mace's. It was part of a lightsaber switching ritual thingy, to prove trust or friendship or something. A lightsaber is the one thing that a Jedi possesses, so letting Koth borrow his and vice versa showed how deep their friendship was.

[Master_Revan]

Yes, but we only saw his lightsaber for about a milisecond in TPM, so it really mattered little what colour it was, as it was never ignited.

Chickenman

It was in the comics that took place around that time period.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.