Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

James the Defender

I would love to join this year, but I promised my fianc?e I wouldn't do fantasy baseball this season seeing as we're getting married in July. I intend to keep my promise no matter how many temptations present themselves to me, lol. She said I could play if I wanted to, but I want to make her happy :D. Next season I'll be ready and rarin' to go! (I'll be able to play fantasy football this fall, however. Caity likes FF, too, lol.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yea, Avs beat the wings AGAIN this season!!! We may not make the playoffs, but at least we can brag about this!!!

And to rub it in even more, Leopold, one of our D-men, that has never been in a shootout, won this one for us!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Ahahahahaha. I enjoyed that.

But this coming Sunday... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

It was a good high scoring game. Haven't seen that many goals in a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yea, that was kinda odd. I had gone to the store at the end of the 2nd when you guys were up 3-2 and get home and it's 5-5. I think that's the first time the Avs have scored over 3 goals in well over a month. But we only seem to do that when we play a good team. Friggin St. Louis beat us last week, and last time I checked, they're in the basement of the West. Well, we're pretty damn close too.

As long as we don't finish dead last, I'll be happy. :p

Besides, the Islanders pretty much have last in the league all wrapped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I'm just hoping the 'Canes hang on to 8th place. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I don't dream that big this season. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I don't want to miss the playoffs again. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I wants to murder NBC.

I was looking forward for months to finally seeing my 'Canes on TV, and then IT'S NOT ON.

Grr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I am so sick of the "major" networks not carrying hockey. Yea, hockey night in America, only AFTER football is over. F-in bulls***.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

The lockout seriously hurt professional hockey. It made ESPN drop the contract and not want to pick it back up, now we're stuck with NBC and VS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yea, well, we can thank former assistant NBA comish gary bettman for that crap. I can't stand that dude. There should have to be some sort of pre-requisite for the commissioner to have to have a background in hockey, not just be some shrewd businessman.

I'm missing my Center Ice package. I was thinking about getting the online thing where I can watch games on my computer, but I don't want to pay 80 bucks for the remainder of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I am so sick of the "major" networks not carrying hockey. Yea, hockey night in America, only AFTER football is over. F-in bulls***.

NBC has a game every Sunday.

But for some reason, they switched which game they were carrying this past Sunday.

Who cares about Pitt/Washington, anyway? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

They don't play that s*** during football season.

And I like watching the Caps play pittsburgh, cause Ovechkin makes Crosby his b****. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Yeah, well I think I posted an article a while (over a year ago) back that explained how he got the job. The NBA was feeling threatened by the NHL and therefore found the most incompetent person in their office and recommended him for the commish job. And then came the downfall of hockey in America

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Blame the NHL Du. For some reason they decided Versus network would be better than ESPN :p I only get Caps games now (in DC =[), so I have to wait for the NBC game of the week or when I go home to see Wings games =[

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yeah, well I think I posted an article a while (over a year ago) back that explained how he got the job. The NBA was feeling threatened by the NHL and therefore found the most incompetent person in their office and recommended him for the commish job. And then came the downfall of hockey in America

I remember that one. That's the one I always think about whenever I see that dudes face. Makes me sick.

Blame the NHL Du. For some reason they decided Versus network would be better than ESPN :p I only get Caps games now (in DC =[), so I have to wait for the NBC game of the week or when I go home to see Wings games =[

After the lockout ESPN dropped the NHL contract. That's why we're stuck with VS. Which sucks even more cause I don't even get that channel here now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I get VS, but half the time it's frigging rodeo crap.

They don't play that s*** during football season.

And I like watching the Caps play pittsburgh, cause Ovechkin makes Crosby his b****. ;)

Would have rather seen my 'Canes beat up the Avs, though, like was SUPPOSED to be on NBC. :p

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yea, that was bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

It's called regional coverage Mara. You get the game for the region you're in and Pittsburgh and Washington are closer than Carolina and Colorado.

Anywho, big game tonight for the Wings. A chance to get within a point of the Sharks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Here's to hoping Danny Boyle and Christian Erhoff get points tonight. For fantasy of course. :p

(They're Sharks defenders BTW) :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Then I'm pretty sure it would say it was regional coverage.

Or at least be on at the same time.

The Pitt/Washington game was 12:30. The Avs/'Canes was at 3. You can't regionally switch a game in the slot if it's not at the same time. It was supposed to be the game of the week for NBC. Those aren't regional.

It's not like football, where they say you will be seeing one of three games in a certain time slot.

This was the only game. And NBC f'ed it up.

Here's to hoping Danny Boyle and Christian Erhoff get points tonight. For fantasy of course. :p

(They're Sharks defenders BTW) :p

And Nabokov! :D

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well, Nabokov is a given. :p

I wrote that before I saw the score, lol!!

At least Danny Boyle got me an assist. :D

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Heehee! Go Wings! Zetterberg's shorthanded goal was awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

So this dyslexic man walks in to a sports bra...

Go Flyers! They won last night! 2-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.