Mara 29 Posted January 28, 2009 Oh, hell... I forget to check my teams on Monday. *goes to do so* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 29, 2009 I'm kinda just goin' with the flow right now. Not expecting to finish well in any of these leagues. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 2, 2009 Everyone start chanting for Arizona! Down with steeler nation!!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted February 2, 2009 Indeed. But at the same time, the Cards don't belong in this game. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 2, 2009 Dreadful Arizona defense lost that game. Rothlisburger is NOT that good of a quarterbck. He does not deserve to wear Elway's old number. Now I'm never going to hear the end of it. And I have to live there. Ugh. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted February 2, 2009 They could have had it, but they scored too early.. there was too much time left at the end. SIGH. On another note, though.. Springsteen was awesome. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 4, 2009 I can't believe we actually beat Calgary last night! Finally snapped that losing streak. But sadly, I know hockey well enough to know the Avs don't have what it takes to make it all the way this year. :( Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted February 4, 2009 My 'Canes are barely holding onto 8th spot, last I checked. How long does the curse last? :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 4, 2009 I'm missing something... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted February 4, 2009 The curse of winning the Cup? Maybe it's just my team. Sigh. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 5, 2009 I think it's just your team. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted February 6, 2009 Since when is winning the cup a curse? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 7, 2009 Don't worry Mara, fans of teams that are part of the original 8 that can't live up to the Canadiens record have to compensate. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted February 9, 2009 *raised eyebrow* Original EIGHT babe? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 9, 2009 Yes, cause before that, there was no such thing as professional hockey. And I'm sooooo glad the penguins got shut out at home!! Had to rub that in my lady's face, lol. And Conklin got me another shut out for fantasy. :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted February 9, 2009 (edited) Don't worry Mara, fans of teams that are part of the original 8 that can't live up to the Canadiens record have to compensate. *giggle* In other news, spring training starts soon!!! Yay, baseball! Edited February 9, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 10, 2009 I can't believe I'm still in 4th in one head to head league. I've won the last 8 weeks. That other one though, sheesh. Seems like I have to have one league that I completely suck in. 9th place again. I'm battling for last in that one. The good news is, in the points based league that I'm in I've moved up to 3rd. So hopefully, hockey won't negatively impact my fantasy average like it did last year. Much. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted February 10, 2009 I'm hoping to at least place in one of the ones I'm in. I've been hovering around the top spots the last month or so. But I'm dropping like a rock in the other. Sigh. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted February 11, 2009 Baseball!!!!! W00t!!!! Go Phils!!!!! World Champions, baby, yeah!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 11, 2009 Go figure, one of the newbies just happens to be a fan of a world championship team. Just messin'. I don't really follow baseball, just enough for fantasy. But, I am a Colorado sports man all around. Sorry ass Rockies, gettin' swept in the Series two years ago. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted February 11, 2009 lol, yeah, but they swept my Phillies in the Wild Card round that year :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted February 11, 2009 True true. OK, so here it is, annual notification of fantasy baseball!! Here's the league info: League ID#: 45950 Password: jake Yahoo fantasy front page is here. Please, if you're not a returning manager, let me know if you're going to join. I don't know how many managers from last season will be back, but I want to make sure everyone gets a fair shake. Also, this league has been set up for a live draft, but the date is not solid. I want to make sure we can get as many people there for a live draft, so if there are any conflicts, let me know. You can email me through the league page. Good luck! And go Rockies!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted February 11, 2009 (edited) ((((See my new posting, lol)))) Edited February 11, 2009 by James the Defender Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted February 11, 2009 (edited) Oooh, it's up already? *joins* Go TIGERS!!! Hmm.... we have a fantasy sports thread: Fantasy sports Let's keep the Bar for real sports, huh? ;) Edited February 11, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites