Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Mara

Oh, well.

Women's hockey gold men game tonight, U.S.A. v Canada!

And tomorrow the men play Finland in the semis.

I notice no one mentioned the results! See you in the Men's finals. ;)

It hadn't been done yet when I posted that. ;)

Anyway, there are rumors that women's hockey may be taken out of the Winter Olympics, anyway.

Which sucks.

Handful of Flyers and ex-Flyers on the Finnish team.

Couple of 'Canes on the Finnish team, too.

Pitkanen got a 5 minute major in their game against Sweden. :p

So far, though, USA is taking care of the Fins easily. Lead by some of my fantasy players. :D

James the Defender

USA team's players are huge.

Princess

I like the people who are saying that the US team isn't good enough to beat Canada twice.

Uncle Du

It's gonna be a great game, I can't wait.

Master Hayes

I now get to laugh at those Vikings fans who are waiting to see what Favre will do. Welcome to our world, Vikes! Favre did this to us year after year! :p

He did that to the Pack because he was sick of the front office over there in GB. ;) :p

Uncle Du

Lotta crazy action going on in the NFL right now. LT got let go by the Chargers, and they're also saying that they're letting Sproles seek other options. After past blunders by the management of that team (letting Brees go comes to mind), I can't help but wonder exactly what they're planning on doing. I mean, I can understand LT, he's older, and past his prime, but Sproles? The guy is an awesome #2 back, and killer on special teams. Dunno about them. I just hope we can top the AFC West next year.

Oh, and a correction to an earlier post of mine, Avs/Wings is on Monday the 1st.

Edited by Uncle Du

James the Defender

I now get to laugh at those Vikings fans who are waiting to see what Favre will do. Welcome to our world, Vikes! Favre did this to us year after year! :p

He did that to the Pack because he was sick of the front office over there in GB. ;):p

Gotta say...I don't blame him, lol

Uncle Du

'Cuse vs. 'Nova tonight at nine! GO ORANGEMEN!!!

James the Defender

Go 'Nova!!!

Uncle Du

Ahhhhhh YEA!! We WHOOPED you guys!! :D

Bad furday

*cackle* Sis goes to Syracuse...I'll have to call her up and see if she was at the game!

Uncle Du

It was the highest on-campus crowd ever in college basketball.

Master Hayes

T-minus 38 minutes and counting until USA vs. Canada II!!!!

Uncle Du

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

Princess

Go team USA! USA! USA!

Uncle Du

ewok. Now not only do we get to hear about the outcome of the game, I get to hear about the douche that scored the goal too.

For the rest of my damn life.

Oh, and for the record, any American that is heard saying something like, "well, I'm sad that we lost but YAYYYY crosby scored the game winner so I'm happy!!" is NOT a real hockey fan. Nor are they very patriotic Americans. I tip my hat to team Canada, they won. But gimme a break. If Joe Sakic scored a game winner against the US, I wouldn't be ewokin happy at all, because MY COUNTRY LOST. Douche bags.

Sorry. Had to vent that one.

Congrats to you Canucks in the house. :)

Edited by Uncle Du

CorSec

It was a great game.

I'd love to see some viewer statistics. I'm pretty sure the whole country was watching.

James the Defender

Best hockey game I've ever seen in my life! Great game!

Even though there're some college kids, it's still an NHL all-star game that means something in my book, and look how it turned out! Fantastic game!

Edited by James the Defender

Bad furday

Very fun to watch! And those medals...look like someone left them in the smelter too long :p

James the Defender

Yes! You're right!

Princess

It was a good game but there were a few non-calls that should have been made. Honestly it was an intense game and the US just couldn't keep up with Canada 4 on 4. Just why oh why did the game winner have to be scored by that little sithhead Crosby?

Drake

That game was epic. We played it on the main screen at church. Huge cheer at the end followed by a night of cars driving past wailing on their horns.

Good game, Team USA!

Mara

ewok. Now not only do we get to hear about the outcome of the game, I get to hear about the douche that scored the goal too.

For the rest of my damn life.

Oh, and for the record, any American that is heard saying something like, "well, I'm sad that we lost but YAYYYY crosby scored the game winner so I'm happy!!" is NOT a real hockey fan. Nor are they very patriotic Americans. I tip my hat to team Canada, they won. But gimme a break. If Joe Sakic scored a game winner against the US, I wouldn't be ewokin happy at all, because MY COUNTRY LOST. Douche bags.

Sorry. Had to vent that one.

Congrats to you Canucks in the house. :)

The only thing I am happy about is that it was a close game and that we lost in OT and weren't blown out.

And... we did better than Torino.

Afterwards, I mentioned something like "Great, all he [Crosby] needs is a bigger swelled head" after the end, and my sister glared at me. :p

Also, anyone else notice that Crosby didn't have the A for that game?

Even though there're some college kids, it's still an NHL all-star game that means something in my book, and look how it turned out! Fantastic game!

I think both team Canada and team USA was all NHL players, if I remember.

But, in the overall scheme of things, USA totally rocks. I mean, we won the medal count. We broke the record for most medals by a county in a Winter games. We finally won medals in nordic for the first time ever. We won men's bobsled for the first time in like 60 years.

The only downside were our curling teams.

And... my four 'Canes who went to the Olympics, all of 'em came back with medals. :D

Now it's time to cross my fingers for Ray until the NHL trade deadline.

Edited by Mara
  • Upvote 1

Master Hayes

None of the hockey teams at the Olympics had college kids. Both rosters for the US and Canada were all NHL players. Some of the European teams (ie Slovakia, Finland) had both NHL and former NHL players, and some of the players were from the KHL or other league across the pond.

Master Hayes

I was bummed that USA lost yesterday, but I had to chuckle at the fact Crosby scored the game winner. I knew right away that was going to get under the skin of you guys here that seem to just loathe the guy. I mean I'd get it if he played against your team 6 times a year or if there was some playoff history to fuel it, but this seem to be out right hate. Now I've seem him do some chippy things in games, and I've watched him whine to refs and that gets annoying, and I know that he won't take the same heat for things that other players do, but that's the NHL's fault. That bettman guy has the NHL market Crosby. I mean he is one of the best players in the league, and personally he's one of my favorite players to watch because you never know what's going to happen when he's on the ice.

Also, I've never seen, read, or heard the guy be anything but humble when interviewed. He has a great respect for the game of hockey, and I've never seen him act like he's the best and only thing the NHL has to offer.

Now I'm sure I'm going to take some crap for posting this, but I just wanted to say my peace. I don't expect anyone to offer up proof to anything, and I'm not trying to change your feeling about Crosby either. I LOVE reading what you guys post when you rip him. It brightens my day. Like I said, I just had to say my peace because after all I did name my dog Crosby. :hehe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.