Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Uncle Du

What a douche.

And wow, I can't believe the Swiss almost beat the Canadians! Awesome game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

:roll: tsk tsk, Khabibulin.

Edited by Ana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I'm getting respect back for team Canada when I realized that Crosby wasn't wearing the C, only the Ass :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I can't believe Russia lost. That's really good for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

U-S-A!! U-S-A!! U-S-A!! U-S-A!! U-S-A!!

Take THAT inventors of hockey, hahahahaha!!! :D :D :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

Somehow, I knew Du was yelling at his tv. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

And ha! The wonder child put in a goal on his own team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Oh I was totally yelling! When we scored 41 seconds in, I knew we were gonna win it.

And yea, it was bad ass that crosby scored for us, LMAO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Whoo! We get a bye AND the number one seed. Thank you Sweden for not scoring enough goals against Finland.

Of course, though, all the announcers are talking about a 2002 gold medal game rematch. Personally, I hope Canada chokes before then.

Also, one tiny little thing that is bothering me-- What are the Canadians smoking? I mean, either the team or the coaches or whatever... to decide that a ROOKIE Olympian (Crosby) gets to wear an A, but a bunch of other players who have played in the Olympics before (like Staal and others) don't get anything? Explain, Canada.

...

And, man, our curling teams really suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Wearing that crap means nothing obviously. Who cares, it's Canadia. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

True. True. :p

In baseball news, Johnny Damon is now a Tiger. I'm not sure about how I feel about that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

You should feel worried because while Damon can still hit, he can't throw for crap. He was replaced late in games for defensive purposes, even during the post-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

That dude is a fool. He told the Yankees that he wanted something like 26 million for two years, and they basically laughed him out of NY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Avs/Wings March 2nd on VS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

We'll beat you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

USA vs Switzerland on NBC right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

That dude is a fool. He told the Yankees that he wanted something like 26 million for two years, and they basically laughed him out of NY.

I doubt we are paying him that much, but I dunno. :p

I want Granderson back. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

I believe you're paying him 8mil per, and it might've been a 1 year deal but I'd have to double check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yep, one year, 8 mil. That's no where near the 13 a year that he wanted. There's too much young talent in the league, and in the minors that will play for a lot less, and play better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Oh, well.

Women's hockey gold men game tonight, U.S.A. v Canada!

And tomorrow the men play Finland in the semis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Oh, well.

Women's hockey gold men game tonight, U.S.A. v Canada!

And tomorrow the men play Finland in the semis.

I notice no one mentioned the results! See you in the Men's finals. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

You know, no matter what the outcome of all the Olympics is, one thing will always remain: we beat your best team EVER on your home ice. ;) :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Handful of Flyers and ex-Flyers on the Finnish team.

I now get to laugh at those Vikings fans who are waiting to see what Favre will do. Welcome to our world, Vikes! Favre did this to us year after year! :p

Edited by James the Defender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.