Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Princess

All right, so I'm going to my first hockey game on Saturday, Islanders v. Hurricanes. I think I'm very close to officially declaring the Islanders my team. I know they suck, but I don't care.

At least the islanders suck less than the canes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

BOOM! :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah, you might get to see a win. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

So what about the recent moves in the NHL? Phaneuf and Giggy to the Leafs, Olli Jokinen to the Rangers, Ilya Kovlachuk goes to NJ, who by the way gave up lots to get him. What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I can't believe that the Wings blew a 3 goal lead. And lost three of their best scorers today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

That was appalling. The Islanders dominated but couldn't score. But, I bought a t-shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

The Wild picked up a nice 2-1 victory over the Flyers last night. :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Sounds like Hayes was the only one who had a good hockey day yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

Hey Mara, your Canes sent Niclas Wallin and a 5th Rd pick (from Buffalo) to the Sharks for a 2nd Rd pick. Both draft picks are for the 2010 draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

We shut out Edmonton for the third time this year, so I'm happy. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

So what about the recent moves in the NHL? Phaneuf and Giggy to the Leafs, Olli Jokinen to the Rangers, Ilya Kovlachuk goes to NJ, who by the way gave up lots to get him. What do you guys think?

None of them really surprises me, honestly. I guess just the fact that they went to Toronto. :p

Hey Mara, your Canes sent Niclas Wallin and a 5th Rd pick (from Buffalo) to the Sharks for a 2nd Rd pick. Both draft picks are for the 2010 draft.

I know. :(

He's been with us his whole career till now. It's sad. But... I'd rather him left than Whitney.

We shut out Edmonton for the third time this year, so I'm happy. :D

But the Oilers are the worst team in the NHL. :p

Almost anyone can beat them. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

WHO DAT?!

I was cheering for the Saints as hard as I would've for the Pack, lol.

So, which was everyone's favorite commercial? Mine was the Doritos dog shock collar. My 2nd was Favre's 2020 MVP speech. Hilarious!

Edited by James the Defender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

I thought the Snickers one with Betty White and Abe Vigoda was pretty good. Some guys from MN had their Doritos ad come on in the 4th quarter, but it wasn't that good really. Budweiser spent WAY to much money on ads, the e*trade ads are lame now, and as cute as Danica Patrick is the Go Daddy ads were bad too.

The game itself was boring too. The only realy action was the 2nd half on-sides kick. I really had hoped the Colts would win, but I guess the silver lining is Vikings fans can say we lost to the Super Bowl champs.

After reading the artical in ESPN magazine I must say I'm happy for Drew Brees. He seems like a real class act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

I also should mention that John Randle made it into the Pro Football HoF. In the same class as Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice. I can't remember all the guys in this years class, but it's awesome that John Randle made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

But the Oilers are the worst team in the NHL. :p

Almost anyone can beat them. :p

Except you guys. :p

And aren't you still the worst team? ;)

As for the Super Bowl, well, I wanted the Colts to win too, since they were AFC. And honestly, I really do like Drew Brees, he's an outstanding QB and good guy, but the thing that really keeps me from being happy for them is the fans HORRIBLE GRAMMAR. Give me. A freakin'. Break. That sith is so played out.

Oh, and I swear to God if someone says to my face that they deserved to win because of katrina, I will smash them in the mouth. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Also on that note, I made a facebook group entitled "The Saints did not DESERVE to win the SB because of a hurricane." or something to that effect. So you better join it.

And in response to the recent moves, I think they've been pretty awesome. I think it's actually improved play on all the teams involved. I mean, JS has posted shutouts in his first two starts as a Leaf, and I think the last time that ever happened was something like 30 years ago. There's rumor that the Avs have MArek Svatos on the trading block, which sucks because I really like him, but apparently he doesn't want to stay in Denver, so I guess I have to say, peace out dude. I know that any time a player doesn't want to be some where, and they're forced to stick around, they do nothing for the team. It would be awesome if we got a great trade before the deadline. Which is March 3rd, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

But the Oilers are the worst team in the NHL. :p

Almost anyone can beat them. :p

Except you guys. :p

And aren't you still the worst team? ;)

I said "almost."

Nope, we're only the worst in the East now, not the whole league. :p

As for the Super Bowl, well, I wanted the Colts to win too, since they were AFC. And honestly, I really do like Drew Brees, he's an outstanding QB and good guy, but the thing that really keeps me from being happy for them is the fans HORRIBLE GRAMMAR. Give me. A freakin'. Break. That sith is so played out.

Oh, and I swear to God if someone says to my face that they deserved to win because of katrina, I will smash them in the mouth. :p

Haha. I was rooting for the Colts, too, but wasn't too angry that the Saints won. I mean, it was their first one. They played well and deserved the win.

Also on that note, I made a facebook group entitled "The Saints did not DESERVE to win the SB because of a hurricane." or something to that effect. So you better join it.

No, they deserved it because they played well. ;)

And in response to the recent moves, I think they've been pretty awesome. I think it's actually improved play on all the teams involved. I mean, JS has posted shutouts in his first two starts as a Leaf, and I think the last time that ever happened was something like 30 years ago. There's rumor that the Avs have MArek Svatos on the trading block, which sucks because I really like him, but apparently he doesn't want to stay in Denver, so I guess I have to say, peace out dude. I know that any time a player doesn't want to be some where, and they're forced to stick around, they do nothing for the team. It would be awesome if we got a great trade before the deadline. Which is March 3rd, right?

Yeah, the 3rd (my birthday, ahaha). Best present to get would be the 'Canes not trading away Ray Whitney.

But rosters are also frozen during the Olympics, starting on the 15th.

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

What the hell is up with versus having a 4:30 game every Monday? Who can watch/go to those games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Wow, Salmela just got a shorthanded goal and got hit and hit his head on the ice and just went off the ice on a backboard and stretcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

What the hell is up with versus having a 4:30 game every Monday? Who can watch/go to those games?

NVM, it'd be nice if they put a replay graphic somewhere on the screen like FSN does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Hayes

Mara what do you think about the Wild and Canes opening up the 2010-11 season with 2 games in Finland? Should be pretty sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Excuse me VS commentators but a 3 on 2 is called an Odd Man Rush. That is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Mara what do you think about the Wild and Canes opening up the 2010-11 season with 2 games in Finland? Should be pretty sweet!

I'm not a fan of these international games. I know it's just another marketing ploy by that idiot Gary Bettman but it makes the games so early for the primary viewing audience, those of us in North America, and it totally screws with the team's schedule. The Wings opened up with 2 games in Sweden this year and the first game was on a Friday at something like 1pm, so the ratings were screwed, and then because of travel, the team doesn't play again for almost a week. It's just the beginning of the season, but it still makes it hard to set a rhythm to start the season with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Mara what do you think about the Wild and Canes opening up the 2010-11 season with 2 games in Finland? Should be pretty sweet!

Personally, I am against games being played outside the U.S.

It's the NATIONAL hockey league, not the international hockey league.

I partly blame our owner, who's CEO of CompuServe, which happens to be a sponsor over in Europe for hockey stuff.

But... on a fan note, maybe this means I'll get to see a game on TV. :p

And... we're moving our AHL affiliate down to Charlotte from Albany. Shorter travel times for players we might need.

Though I do like the Albany River Rats better than the Charlotte Checkers. :p

And the 'Canes are no longer the worst in the East! We're the third worst now, whoo! And only eight games below 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Mara what do you think about the Wild and Canes opening up the 2010-11 season with 2 games in Finland? Should be pretty sweet!

Personally, I am against games being played outside the U.S.

It's the NATIONAL hockey league, not the international hockey league.

So we should just kick all those damned Canadians out of the league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.