Princess 35 Posted January 17, 2010 That's two days in a row we've lost in a shoot out. Though, I take back my previous rant at Toronto and instead wonder what gives the ref who wasn't the one standing right next to the net the right to decide that the original no-goal call can be overturned with no indusputible video evidence on replay that the puck crossed the line Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 18, 2010 Ohhhhh man, I hope the Jets win and destroy all the Chargers fans hopes and dreams again! :evil: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 18, 2010 Du your wishes came true with a nice win by the Jets. So my boss asked me on Friday who I was picking in the games this weekend, I went with the Saints, Vikes, Colts, and Jets. I sure wish I could've laid that down as a bet in Vegas....... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted January 18, 2010 Jets-Saints Super Bowl! I think the Colts will be highly upset they didn't knock the Jets out when they had the chance... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted January 18, 2010 Here's a question for my fellow hockey fans: Does it bother any of you that the NHL makes teams wear their road jerseys at at home? For the last 3 or 4 seasons the NHL has done this and it annoys me to no end. What ever happened to the good guys wearing white? Doesn't bother me too much. But, I don't watch many games, so... It does screw me up in other sports, though, like college football and the NFL and high school football. Some use white away, some use white home. It's silly. Here's a question for my fellow hockey fans: Does it bother any of you that the NHL makes teams wear their road jerseys at at home? For the last 3 or 4 seasons the NHL has done this and it annoys me to no end. What ever happened to the good guys wearing white? I'm totally with you there dude. To this day, it still screws me up. That's why I got a (then) home Roy jersey. They just look better. And now they have all these damn throwbacks and re-designs. It's stupid. Hey, I like my 'Canes black jerseys! Speaking of ugly throwback jerseys, though... the ones in the NFL this year are freaking hideous. And my sister was watching her Jazz play, and they had their ugly green throwback ones on. I thought it was the Celtics playing at first. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 18, 2010 Dude, the 'Canes haven't even been AROUND long enough to have throwbacks. And I think that the Colts are gonna friggin' destroy the Jets. The drive that San Diego put together in the last minutes of the game is going to be the level that the Colts bring all game. I'm calling for a Vikes/Colts Super Bowl, with the Colts by a touchdown. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 19, 2010 (edited) It would be freakin' sweet if Carolina came out some night in the old Hartford Whalers uni's. Same could be said Du if your Av's wore some Nordiques jerseys. :hehe: Edited January 19, 2010 by Master Hayes Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted January 19, 2010 Dude, the 'Canes haven't even been AROUND long enough to have throwbacks. They're not throwbacks. Just...a third jersey It would be freakin' sweet if Carolina came out some night in the old Hartford Whalers uni's. Same could be said Du if your Av's wore some Nordiques jerseys. EW, NO. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 19, 2010 Ahhhh, I LOVE the Nordiques jerseys. I have a (then) home Sakic Quebec jersey. It's my most favorite article of clothing. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 20, 2010 I understand what you mean Du. I once owned a game worn Geatan Dueschen North Stars jersey(the style like the one they have in Dallas with the big star on the chest). I was basicly forced to sell it to pay for car insurance. Right now though I have an authentic Wild home white jersey, with the fight strap. No name or number on it. I kinda like the new Wild 3rd jersey, I'd get one, but I'd have to see how those new fangled jerseys fit first. I've heard the new jerseys by reebok aren't make for guys with bellies. Mara I hope you're not dissing the Whalers, those were so ugly they were cool! The Quebec jerseys rocked too! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 20, 2010 Damn Red Wings! They hold OV without a shot the entire game (not good for my fantasy team) and still lose! They need to start winning regardless of injuries Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 20, 2010 I understand what you mean Du. I once owned a game worn Geatan Dueschen North Stars jersey(the style like the one they have in Dallas with the big star on the chest). I was basicly forced to sell it to pay for car insurance. Right now though I have an authentic Wild home white jersey, with the fight strap. No name or number on it. I kinda like the new Wild 3rd jersey, I'd get one, but I'd have to see how those new fangled jerseys fit first. I've heard the new jerseys by reebok aren't make for guys with bellies. LOL, I know whatcha mean! My buddy has a couple authentic jerseys, he's actually got a Wild jersey. Don't know who's on em. He and I have always had the same taste in teams (we're both huge Avs fans) and we both like the Wild. I'd like to get myself a Brunette jersey, both an Avs and Wild one. He's always been a favorite player of mine...'cept now he's a traitor. I wish I had the money to get all the jerseys I want. I wouldn't wear anything else. The next one I'm gettin' is going to either be a Stastny or Wolski. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 20, 2010 A friend of mine won a McCarty game worn jersey when we were in high school. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 20, 2010 That same friend of mine has a game worn Gretzky Kings jersey. Talk about a prized possession. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 20, 2010 I'd frame it. My parents got their jerseys signed by Chelios and Cleary. Dad's was actually a Chelios jersey but mom's was a Larionov that my dad had to custom order. My jersey is way to big for me and doesn't have a name on it, so I had them sign my 2007 playoff run t-shirt. I want a Cleary jersey, he's become my favorite Wing, Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted January 20, 2010 (edited) Mara I hope you're not dissing the Whalers, those were so ugly they were cool! The Quebec jerseys rocked too! Yeah, but their Hurricanes ones are 100 times cooler. I only have a jersey T-shirt... not very valuable. And my dad got me a large, and I can almost swim in it. I wish sizes were more universal. Though, my dad does have an MSU jacket that he got Izzo to sign across the front. Don't think he wears it anymore. Anyway.... I want to know what Jim Rutherford was smoking when he decided this. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4842060 Honestly, just let Rod finish out the season first. Edited January 20, 2010 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 21, 2010 Well the idea is to stir things up. Make some changes. You guys can't do any worse. And Staal is gonna be there for a while. I think it's a good idea. Probably because I think we should have made Stastny our Captain instead of Adam Foote. Having vets on your team is good, but you gotta put the young talent in the leadership spots. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 21, 2010 That's not the first time I've seen a team do that to a player. It pissed me right off when Dallas took the "C" off Modano and gave it to Morrow. I thought that was a complete slap in the face to a guy that's been the face of their franchise since 1990 or so. Can you imagine of the Wings did that to Stevie Y?? Du while I agree that teams need to shake things up, I think there's better ways to do so. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 21, 2010 But the Wings were still winning when Stevie Y was older and ready for retirement. The 'Canes just suck right now. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 21, 2010 I can see both sides to this. And I think usin' Yzerman as an example isn't such a good one, I mean hell, the dudes nickname was "The Captain" for chrissakes. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted January 21, 2010 He was captain for most of his career. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 21, 2010 Yea, longest running person wearin' the C if I remember correctly. Sakic was up there in years, but not as long Yzerman. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted January 21, 2010 Well the idea is to stir things up. Make some changes. You guys can't do any worse. And Staal is gonna be there for a while. I think it's a good idea. Probably because I think we should have made Stastny our Captain instead of Adam Foote. Having vets on your team is good, but you gotta put the young talent in the leadership spots. Yeah, but in the middle of a season, changing captains? I do think Eric's the future, but I also don't think it's a good omen for Rod. :/ I just hope he finishes out the rest of the season before retiring (if that's the plan behind all this). Plus, I'm not sure how much will actually change besides the letters, with Rod going from C to A, and Eric going from A to C. Is it just a publicity thing? Look, we have a young captain and all that jazz? Pfft. Keep Rod there to finish out the season. THEN make the change. Anyway, whatever happened to the team voting on the captain before each season? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Master Hayes 1 Posted January 22, 2010 Well the idea is to stir things up. Make some changes. You guys can't do any worse. And Staal is gonna be there for a while. I think it's a good idea. Probably because I think we should have made Stastny our Captain instead of Adam Foote. Having vets on your team is good, but you gotta put the young talent in the leadership spots. Yeah, but in the middle of a season, changing captains? I do think Eric's the future, but I also don't think it's a good omen for Rod. :/ I just hope he finishes out the rest of the season before retiring (if that's the plan behind all this). Plus, I'm not sure how much will actually change besides the letters, with Rod going from C to A, and Eric going from A to C. Is it just a publicity thing? Look, we have a young captain and all that jazz? Pfft. Keep Rod there to finish out the season. THEN make the change. Anyway, whatever happened to the team voting on the captain before each season? You should be worried. Your team is shopping Ray Whitney so they can go with a youth movement. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted January 22, 2010 This happens with all teams at some point. And why should he be worried? He's had a good career, he's older. He can retire. You can't get hung up on your veterans. You gotta see the future. Sakic said that he wouldn't be against giving up his C last year, before he decided to retire, but the team wanted him to keep it. I was wicked sad to see him go, but I was happy with the young talent we have, and where we're going......and then we made that dinosaur Adam Foote our Captain, and he's ewokin injured, AGAIN. Gimme a break. They better give it to Stastny next year. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites