Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Ender

I know no one here has the taste or appreciation of art to follow actual football... but Chelsea/Barcelona in the Champions League was amazing today. Last second goal by Iniesta put Barca through to the final against the Scum. Just awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I don't follow soccer (football) b/c I find it quite boring. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Precisely; you have no taste for art. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I don't get any of that here with basic cable. I miss watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah, I would watch... but usually I only catch it on the Spanish channels, or during the Olympics/World Cup.

And we scored 2 goals in less than 2 minutes to take a 2-1 lead over Boston!

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

And of course we can't ever get updates from NBA tv, er, I mean, ESPN. That channel is so ewokin worthless. The leader of sports my ass. Baseball and basketball, and of course the NFL. Nothing else. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

They run scores on the bottom of ESPN. :p

And they do highlights during SportsCenter. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

OK, ticker tape updates are BS if they never show the highlights on sportscenter. And other than the world cup, when have you EVER seen soccer highlights on espn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Just last week, I saw a couple highlights of games. European ones, I think.

There are even clips that make it to the Top Ten Plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Which espn are you watching. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

ESPN. :p

Granted, I don't watch SportsCenter as much as I used to, but I do catch it from time to time in the later mornings, when it reruns.

*shakes fist at Mark Recchi*

Freaking OT because of you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

JUSSI, YOU'RE MY HERO!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Um, there's like 5 espn's. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Wings got hosed last night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

I know no one here has the taste or appreciation of art to follow actual football... but Chelsea/Barcelona in the Champions League was amazing today. Last second goal by Iniesta put Barca through to the final against the Scum. Just awesome.

I love playing it, but...I dunno. Professional is just hard for me to watch. It's like they're so good that you don't see any exciting plays. I can see where art kind of comes into it, but I just love a good slide tackle. I like when a game gets down and dirty. Professional Soccer's too...graceful to hold my attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

My sports need to have wheels to get me really interested :p;)

But yes...we get some sort of Sky Sports report, along with Fox Sportsnet Football or something like that...all the football/futbol/soccer/footy anyone could want - namely my travel soccer playing bro. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I think there's more art in how a pitcher's fingers have to curve sleekly around a baseball to form a change-up or how the wrist has to snap to achieve that perfect, un-hittable curve.

I just can't watch soccer. I can play it with satisfaction, but I'm too big to play anything but defense, just like with hockey. I can't watch basketball, either, until it gets to the last minute, which can last an hour :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

It pretty much loses any meaning without the right song. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Um, there's like 5 espn's. :p

Yeah, the first one. Just ESPN. :p

I only get that and 2 at home.

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

I believe you're all forgetting ESPN 8, "The Ocho!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Is that the one for Chad Johnson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

No, that's from Dodgeball...another movie you prolly haven't seen. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Meh. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.