Ender 8 Posted May 6, 2009 I know no one here has the taste or appreciation of art to follow actual football... but Chelsea/Barcelona in the Champions League was amazing today. Last second goal by Iniesta put Barca through to the final against the Scum. Just awesome. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted May 6, 2009 I don't follow soccer (football) b/c I find it quite boring. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted May 6, 2009 Precisely; you have no taste for art. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 6, 2009 I don't get any of that here with basic cable. I miss watching. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 7, 2009 (edited) Yeah, I would watch... but usually I only catch it on the Spanish channels, or during the Olympics/World Cup. And we scored 2 goals in less than 2 minutes to take a 2-1 lead over Boston! Edited May 7, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 7, 2009 And of course we can't ever get updates from NBA tv, er, I mean, ESPN. That channel is so ewokin worthless. The leader of sports my ass. Baseball and basketball, and of course the NFL. Nothing else. Ugh. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 7, 2009 They run scores on the bottom of ESPN. And they do highlights during SportsCenter. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 7, 2009 OK, ticker tape updates are BS if they never show the highlights on sportscenter. And other than the world cup, when have you EVER seen soccer highlights on espn. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 7, 2009 Just last week, I saw a couple highlights of games. European ones, I think. There are even clips that make it to the Top Ten Plays. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 7, 2009 Which espn are you watching. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 7, 2009 ESPN. Granted, I don't watch SportsCenter as much as I used to, but I do catch it from time to time in the later mornings, when it reruns. *shakes fist at Mark Recchi* Freaking OT because of you! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 7, 2009 JUSSI, YOU'RE MY HERO!!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 7, 2009 Um, there's like 5 espn's. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 7, 2009 Wings got hosed last night! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted May 7, 2009 I know no one here has the taste or appreciation of art to follow actual football... but Chelsea/Barcelona in the Champions League was amazing today. Last second goal by Iniesta put Barca through to the final against the Scum. Just awesome. I love playing it, but...I dunno. Professional is just hard for me to watch. It's like they're so good that you don't see any exciting plays. I can see where art kind of comes into it, but I just love a good slide tackle. I like when a game gets down and dirty. Professional Soccer's too...graceful to hold my attention. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted May 7, 2009 My sports need to have wheels to get me really interested But yes...we get some sort of Sky Sports report, along with Fox Sportsnet Football or something like that...all the football/futbol/soccer/footy anyone could want - namely my travel soccer playing bro. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted May 7, 2009 I think there's more art in how a pitcher's fingers have to curve sleekly around a baseball to form a change-up or how the wrist has to snap to achieve that perfect, un-hittable curve. I just can't watch soccer. I can play it with satisfaction, but I'm too big to play anything but defense, just like with hockey. I can't watch basketball, either, until it gets to the last minute, which can last an hour :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 7, 2009 Would be better with the lyrics, but this is pretty amusing Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 7, 2009 It pretty much loses any meaning without the right song. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 7, 2009 (edited) Um, there's like 5 espn's. Yeah, the first one. Just ESPN. I only get that and 2 at home. Edited May 7, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted May 7, 2009 I believe you're all forgetting ESPN 8, "The Ocho!" Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 7, 2009 Is that the one for Chad Johnson? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 7, 2009 No, that's from Dodgeball...another movie you prolly haven't seen. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites