Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Uncle Du

Proof that bettman isn't qualified to make decisions about the game of hockey.

He can go ahead and make business decisions all he wants, but getting rid of rules like the 2 line pass and making goalie pads smaller (to name a couple) do NOT in the end give the game better ratings. In the end, it doesn't increase scoring in the league either. If this were true, would Gretzky's scoring record still be standing? The last person to come close was Mario, and he was over 20 points off still.

Alright, it's late, and for some reason I'm thinking about these playoffs, and I just get more and more irritated. I can't NOT watch, cause I love the game, but my GOD. It was SO apparent watching the Caps/Rangers game that in the end, they wanted the Caps to win, so bettman could have his Crosby/Ovechkin playoff. s*** makes me sick. That dude is a goddamned snake. Argh!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

W00t!!!!! Devils lose!! *eats the 'Canes cookie* I hate the Devils!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

*parties*

:D :D :D

*drowns sorrows after realizing we have to play Boston now*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well, at least you guys probably won't get swept like the Habs. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah, we're pretty scrappy. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Now the Canucks just have to lose to Chicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Chicago is going to have a tough time with them. Luongo has been on fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

So this is going to be a tough series. Two of Anaheims players have more fighting majors than the entire Red Wings organization as a whole. However, playing dirty isn't going to win you games Ducky boys. I can't see how Brown can even make the defense that this was a clean hit, he was out for blood and I hope that the NHL suspends him. For those of you that didn't see it, here ya go. Warning, it's bloody and Hudler took 10 stitches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Oh man, that was wicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

And his fate may not be decided by the league for tomorrow's game. He needs to be gone. There is no way that was a "Clean hit with the shoulder" that happened while Hudler still had the puck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

The problem is, this isn't as cut and dry as you'd like it to be. He did play the puck immediately before, and there isn't exactly a set amount of time in the rules stating when it becomes interference. Being the playoffs, the intensity is ramped way up, and every player on that ice is under a lot of pressure to keep the play at the highest possible level. And, the league lets a lot more go also in these playoffs, I mean, look at the s***ty officiating that we've already been b****ing about. On the scheme of bad calls, and late hits, I think this doesn't rank that high up there. Yea, he got knocked up pretty good, but he's alright.

And the thing is, Brown got a major and game misconduct, so from the leagues stand-point, he's "done his time", so to speak.

Brown won't be suspended.

Just found that on NHL.com.

And for the record, I do think it was a late hit. But I don't get as spun about it as you Prinny, cause, lets face it, you know I ain't no Wings fan. ;) :p

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Wow, Ward with the SO! Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

:D

That game rocked. :D

Lots of people are saying he's playing as well as he did in 2006.

And we all know what happened then. ;)

:p

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I think you guys have a good chance in beating Boston, but I think whoever comes out on top in the West is going to win it this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I dunno, months ago I was saying Boston was gonna win it all, but, *shrug*

Anyone see the Derby on Saturday? It was sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Horse racing isn't a sport. :p

And I can't wait to see all the penguin fans all pissed off tomorrow, hahahahaha!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Hell, yeah, it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

*yawn*

:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Dude, it's the most exciting two minutes in sports. It rocks.

And when a longshot wins, it's doubly awesome. Especially if that horse has humble beginnings. It's just an awesome story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I never really thought that something that relies on another species can be considered a sport.

Especially when a damn horse gets idolized...for being a horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Football relies on pigs. ;)

:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

:roll:

Not any more. Cows. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Ha. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Well, that was an enlightening response

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Ryan Howard his his 2nd Grand Salami of the season, 7th in his career, already tying the Phillies' franchise record. W00t! Go Phils!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.