Chickenman 9 Posted April 13, 2009 I do love a pitching duel. It's actually the high scoring games that bore me. Even watching sportscenter, I love watching the defensive plays more than any big hits. You can only watch a ball go over a fence so many times. But double plays are damned beautiful. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted April 13, 2009 (edited) There was a triple play yesterday. I just looked at the highlight, but I don't see how it's a triple play... The batter lines out to shallow left, the SS throws to second for the force out from first, and the second baseman throws to first, which there was no need to since the batter had already lined out. I watched it and it wasn't like the ball hit the ground before getting to the SS... Is there something I'm missing? Here's the link: http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=4112501 Edited April 13, 2009 by James the Defender Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted April 13, 2009 (edited) Runners on first and second, dude. The SS's throw to 2nd doesn't force out the runner from first, it doubles up the runner from the second. Edited April 13, 2009 by Chickenman Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted April 13, 2009 Oh, I see now. No infield fly rule, the runners can't advance, they'd have to make it back to their bases before the ball gets there. Understood now, yup. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted April 13, 2009 You couldn't see the second runner, really. I had to watch it twice, lol. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted April 13, 2009 lol, that's what got me! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 13, 2009 What's funny is the fact that it was the pirates that turned that triple, and they still got shut out. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted April 13, 2009 (edited) It's hard for me to watch baseball. It's boring compared to hockey. Nah, baseball is very interesting to watch. It's like a good chess game. I'd rather watch baseball over football and basketball combined any day. Oh, and my 'Canes are in the playoffs again, yay!!! Edited April 13, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted April 13, 2009 *Sigh* Harry Kalas passed away today. He was the long-time voice of the Philadelphia Phillies, NFL Films, and the Puppy Bowl. The Phillies and Nats are playing right now and Philly is up 8-6...They'd better win today... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted April 13, 2009 Yeah, I saw that on ESPN earlier.... sad. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted April 19, 2009 Brad Lidge blew a save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :cry: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 19, 2009 Here's the article from the Yankees awesome game. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted April 19, 2009 :party: National bench Dukes after arriving 5 minutes late...from a charity Little League game w....t......f. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 19, 2009 My God, are you f-in kidding me?! This dude has been trying to rebound from his brush with the law 2 years ago, and do things right!! This is a slap in the face from the organization. So do you think he's going to be doing charity work for the community on a game day now? Yea right. God forbid he should be late to the locker room again. Good, hopefully the league will realize they made a mistake letting Washington have the newest team. I mean, they're 1-9 and they bench one of their best performers? Good on ya management!! BTW, rules were meant to be broken. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 20, 2009 I am so ewokin SICK of the bulls*** "refereeing" in these playoffs. This is a damned mockery of professional hockey. I just watch a St. Louis players take a holding the stick penalty when he pulled a Vancouver players HIGH STICK out of his face. The ref was RIGHT THERE AND THERE WAS NO HIGH STICK CALL!!!!! Give me a break!! ewok you gary bettman you piece of s***, know nothing about hockey asshole, that came in and completely screwed up OUR LEAGUE. (I realize that this might perhaps belong in the rant thread also.) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted April 20, 2009 I agree with you 100% babe :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 20, 2009 Well I knew you would. ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted April 20, 2009 That's because I've never seen such s***ty reffing in my life. And I went to a CCHA school Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 20, 2009 I don't get the school reference, but yea!! ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted April 20, 2009 http://www.ccha.com/index-main.html Gah, I hope my 'Canes can kick it into gear soon... But at least my Tigers are doing well. 'Cept for Verlander's "awesome" fight inning on Friday.. *sigh* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted April 21, 2009 The conference has really crappy refs. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 21, 2009 They're training for the NHL. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted April 22, 2009 I can't believe I'm actually rooting for the flyers. Only when they play the penguins will this happen. And I noticed something: no one in Philly gets into hockey games unless they score. There's like no other support. It's been quiet the whole game till the flyers scored. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted April 22, 2009 lol, have you paid attention to a lot of Philadelphia games and their fans? We're bloodthirsty and ruthless. All Philly sports are that way. Some say it's bad, but for some players it drives them to do better. It's the nature of Philly :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites