Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Uncle Du

Yea, Marty Biron got me the shut out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Awesome, I got Biron on my other league. :D

Plus, ze Tigers won, yay!!

(Spring training but still....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I heard that A-Roid got a standing ovation. :p

After he struck out. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Ahahahahahaha... good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

So, first game back, Brodeur gets a shutout....against my Avs. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Come on! They called Scottie Upshall for interference in OT when it was incidental contact! Flyers lost 4-3 on a PPG! Grr... :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Hey, that's the bulls*** refereeing that our awesome NHL comish wants. Can't say that I'm a Philly fan, but I just can't stand bulls*** calls in hockey.

Though I know my buddy is happy, he's a Habs fan. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Grr... I hate the Devils! I live in South Jersey, but they're a North Jersey team that took the name of a South Jersey legend! (For all not living in Jersey, there are numerous cultural differences between North and South, even going as far in the 70s as a vote to split up the state into two states. It failed, of course.)

My Flyers fell to the Devils 3-0... Curse you, Devils!

Though the ESPN commercials with the NJ Devil are funny :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Sounds like the cultural differences between Michigan's two peninsulas. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Or that of Northern and Southern Cali. :p

But you can't be mad at Marty! 3 games since he's been back and two friggin shutouts!! The man is incredible!!! Think he's only 3 away from Roy's win record though. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well it's official. I am a fan of the worst team in the NHL. I mean, by the numbers, the Islanders still are, but they friggin shelled us last night. F-in pathetic.

And of course, we play the wings again this Wednesday. But, we'll probably pull a win out of our ass just like last time. This is a horrible year to be a Colorado fan. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Haha, just saw that on SportsCenter. Now I'm really curious as to which club is going to want to pick up this tool. I really don't think there's room for arrogant a**holes like this dude in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Oh look who is the best in the west!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

And look who's in the basement! :p

This hockey season is dead to me.

We just traded away our best defenseman for a couple of no names and a pick. Awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

We just traded Scottie Upshall...to make cap space... grr... He scored some goals, the new dude is less aggressive and more defensive...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Haha, just saw that on SportsCenter. Now I'm really curious as to which club is going to want to pick up this tool. I really don't think there's room for arrogant a**holes like this dude in the league.

I would laugh if the Lions did.

But they probably couldn't afford him. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww, I can't believe he went to Buffalo. That actually makes me really happy, cause I can't stand the Bills, and they deserve to have to deal with him. Like this dude is gonna help that city get a championship. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Ok so the Wings were up 3-1, Calgary couldn't stay out of the penalty box and then the Wings shut down and didn't get a shot off in the third period and lost in a shootout. Sonuvab****

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Calgary made a lot of good last minute moves before the trade deadline. They're one of those teams that you can never count out.

Unlike the Avs. :p

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I liked the party that they had going in the penalty box in the first. Reminded me of a youth game that I scorekept at once when the ref gave someone 2 minutes for inciting a riot and I didn't know any better and put it on the scoresheet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww, I can't believe he went to Buffalo. That actually makes me really happy, cause I can't stand the Bills, and they deserve to have to deal with him. Like this dude is gonna help that city get a championship. :p

Ahahahaha, I know!

Last I checked, my 'Canes were 7th! Woo! Still in the playoffs, for now.

And we got Erik back!! :D

I also LOL'ed when I heard about A-Roid's surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I liked the party that they had going in the penalty box in the first. Reminded me of a youth game that I scorekept at once when the ref gave someone 2 minutes for inciting a riot and I didn't know any better and put it on the scoresheet

:rofl:

Classic!!

I also LOL'ed when I heard about A-Roid's surgery.

Did anyone pick him up in fantasy? It might be worth it to get him and put him on the IR...

...you never know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I liked the party that they had going in the penalty box in the first. Reminded me of a youth game that I scorekept at once when the ref gave someone 2 minutes for inciting a riot and I didn't know any better and put it on the scoresheet

:rofl:

Classic!!

Yeah, well that was the game when there were always at LEAST 3 players in the box and I think both coaches ended up with suspensions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Ah, a REAL hockey game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.