Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

GI_Admiral

Go wings! Zetterberg is a monster!

Too bad I don't get OLN/Versus nor Fox Sports Detroit :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Ha.. we get both. :p

Woo... we beat the Flyers thanks to Glen's first goal this season. Short-handed in OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Heh, I caught sportscenter last night, I loved the brawl in the Sens/Sabers game. There were over 100 PIM handed out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Man Emery is a beast!! He was laughing as he was taking those shots.

I'm gonna say:

Vernon > Roy

but

Emery > all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

Holy sith! The Thrashers got Tkachuk and Zhitnik (damn, those are hard names to spell)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Yeah =/ but they gave up a top10 draft pick and alot of other drafts. Not the best move lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

The Predators got Forsberg and then beat the Wings, haha.

And then my 'Canes beat Atlanta. ;D

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

It doesn't matter, if we do too good we blow it in the playoffs :p So i'm happy we're not a clear #1 in the west :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Haha.

Last year the top 4 seeds in the West were beaten in the first round. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

lol won't happen again :p but it's unfair to the wings...we're in the Eastern Time Zone, but Western conference so our travel hurts =/

Also I can't believe Wisconsin lost to OSU last night =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Whiny. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

lol atleast i dont have to worry bout the canes, they wont make the stanley cup finals this season :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I'm not expecting them to. :p

I didn't expect them to last year either, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

I did, they were like best of the east until all the injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Haha...

I figured it'd be Ottawa; they were doing so well.

But this year... I think Buffalo's the tough one in the East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Definitely.

Wing's will be tough, we got Calder and Bertuzzi :O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I dunno, I still think Anaheim will be one of the front runners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I'm in shock that we acquired Bertuzzi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I hate Ottawa. :p

Our old goalie is abusing us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Yeah prin, but if you think about it, it is a good trade, everyone always says we don't have enough "grit" and that to beat us play physical. So Bertuzzi he either is a great power forward....or he cheap shots someone, but still thats physical enough :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Ooh, did you see Ryan Smyth sobbing in his press conference because Edmonton traded him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

yea...what a stupid move by the oilers =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

There have been some crazy trades, the Smyth trade definitely shocked the hell outta me. A lotta teams are trading for draft picks. Philly gave up Forsberg and Zhitnik, mostly for the picks they got. It's kinda understandable though, they really suck. Guerin went to the Sharks, where he's more than likely going to be on Thornton and Cheechoo's line (if he's not already).

BTW, if anyone likes to play fantasy hockey, let me know, cause I'll set up a GB fantasy league for next season...I know it's a ways off, but I just got into it this year, and I love it. Especially since I've got Hasek and Brodeur net-minding.

And the Avs at the Wings this afternoon! Lets see if we can get one more win against you guys this season...though I'm not really counting on it. :p

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Oh me of little faith, the Avs take it in OT!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

Thrashers are undefeated since aquiring Zhitnik and Tkachuk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.