Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Uncle Du

Haha, Avs beat the Wings last night!! The losing streak is over!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah, that was awesome. ;)

And the Colts won! Woo!

My prediction is still alive! :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I couldn't believe that. We had the game on at work, and when we left for the night, it was tied at 28 with about ten minutes left. Then I got home and forgot about it, so when I saw the score this morning, I couldn't believe it. Brady and his interception. That's what did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah.

It was like 3 to 21 but then we changed the channel and later it was 21-21... I was like.. woah, it's tied! lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Biggest comeback in playoff history.

All Star Break for hockey this week! Go West!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Go East!!

:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Go West!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

And Sakic has the big C on his jersey, in your face Wings fans!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

GO EAST! :p

We got Lindy Ruff as our coach... and his Sabres have been scary good this season. Woo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brumak

GO HOCKEY!!!

It isn't the Av's or Hawks so I don't care who wins :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

A win's a win, no matter what. :p

And we also won the YoungStars game... buwahaha!

GO EAST!!!

And go Eric Staal and Justin Williams! Woo!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well, they've both had goals so far...but the West is winning at the moment!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brumak

Boring game, not enough hits...

But at least Havlat got a goal :p

Edited by Brumak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Haha, the West won!! And Sidney Crosby didn't score in his first All Star Game. I like the kid, but I wish he didn't play for crappy ass Pittsburgh. :p

I hope the Pens end up leaving, like they might have to. Maybe they'll go to a city that deserves an NHL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Bah. :p

And yes, both my buddies scored... hehehehe.. ;D

I was watching the box score last night at work.. and dang... was it like ten-year-old hockey or something? They had to let everyone score to make them feel good? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

The all star game is always like that. It's really rough on the goalies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Yeah, but they wouldn't be there if they weren't the best, though. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yea, but it's crazy to see how bad the best get beat when you have all that talent out there.

Oh yea, and here's some stats that I gotta brag about, since it's about my boy Sakic, breaking records....

MOST ASSISTS, ALL-STAR HISTORY

16 Joe Sakic

14 Mark Messier

13 Ray Bourque

12 Wayne Gretzky

12 Adam Oates

12 Mats Sundin

MOST POINTS, ALL-STAR HISTORY

25 Wayne Gretzky

23 Mario Lemieux

22 Joe Sakic

20 Mark Messier

19 Gordie Howe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

True... It's like a big ego fest... not all can survive. ;p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

This is freakin ridiculous. Recap of the Avs/Phoenix game last night.

First Period:

Colorado scores shortahnded, Phoenix scores with less than a minute left, tying it at one.

Second Period:

Colorado scores shorthanded AGAIN, then comes back and scores two minutes later, making it 3-1. Phoenix scores once more, but the Avs answer back with another, so it's 4-2.

Third Period:

Yanic Perrault, for the Coyotes, decides to take control, and scores two goals one minute apart to tie the game.

We go to OT. Get through it, even with some crappy call against Colorado. I mean, it was really bad. Sakic was stickhandling in the Coyotes zone, and smoked one of the Coyotes, who ended up running into one of the Avs and falling down. And we got called for interference. Sakic was alone in front of the net. That would have been the game.

We lose in the shootout.

The reason I put all this in here, is to demostrate how bad all these new rules have made the game. Refs seem to be told to call more strictly against the home team, they call things against us in the zone, but they don't call em when it happens in the neutral zone. I just couldn't believe it. It's a good thing my living room was clean, cause I didn't have anything to break. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I hate the "new" NHL. Gary Bettman was the worst thing to happen to hockey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Ain't that the truth. And apparently they have this rule right now, that some teams can't visit the same city twice in three years, or some such nonsense. I just don't understand what the league is ewokin doing. And damned if I won't keep watching no matter what, cause unlike those money grubbing nerfherders, I actually love the game. These rules are so obviously made by people who don't truly love the game, they love the revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Amen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

So Prinny, Avs vs. Wings this afternoon at 3:30 Eastern...can the Avs carry on with another win??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.