Mara 29 Posted December 14, 2006 Yeah.... but lots of games are that way. You can't breathe until the last second is up. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 14, 2006 That's what I love about hockey, it's usually a nail biter till the end. Did you see any of the games tonight? Sidney Crosby had friggin 6 points!! And wouldn't you know, I was playing the guy with him on his team in fantasy hockey this week. But the Avs won. :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 14, 2006 No, with work now, I don't get a chance to see any games... even the rare 'Canes games on VS I can't see.... I didn't hear, but it doesn't surprise me.. I am sick of hearing about him though... My sister's a Penguins fan. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 15, 2006 Hehe, yea it is getting kinda old. We know that he's an unbelievable player, but he doesn't make them win all their games. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 16, 2006 Nope... not even with that Malkin kid. Oh well. I think the 'Canes will have a decent season, but I'm not expecting another Cup. 'Course, I wasn't expecting it last year either. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 16, 2006 Yea, that was definitely a fluke. I know the avs won't be in this year, but at least their turning it around. This is a rebuilding year. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SoftballJedi 0 Posted December 16, 2006 Pens won again last night :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SoftballJedi 0 Posted December 17, 2006 Steelers are now on what is called...a winning streak. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 18, 2006 Uh oh, they beat up on Carolina, look out! And the Broncos still got a chance at the playoffs! Unlike some other AFC teams... ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 19, 2006 Yea, that was definitely a fluke. I know the avs won't be in this year, but at least their turning it around. This is a rebuilding year. Fluke? Nah.. more like.......... miracle. And then won, finally.. yay.. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
SoftballJedi 0 Posted December 25, 2006 Steelers are done for the season. Indy needs to work on their rushing defense I hope Denver gets to the playoffs, Cutler seems to be shaping up well Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Brumak 2 Posted December 25, 2006 Well we beat the Bengals last night...though by luck....:\ Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 26, 2006 It wasn't luck, it was cause the Bengals can't handle the pressure in Denver. We're one of the best home teams in the league. And Cutler just needs to settle down, that interception on the first play of the game was kinda scary. But, we got through it, and we should be able to beat San Fran next week. Then we'll be in. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 26, 2006 Haha... the Lions are so incompetent... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 28, 2006 This is freaky... did you hear about this kid in Canada, who was playing hockey and just collapsed? And never got up? Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2709058 It's just weird.... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted December 28, 2006 Wow. That's awful. There had to be some underlying heart problem or something. I hope that his family and teammates find peace Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 28, 2006 Oh man. I can't even imagine. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 28, 2006 I know... And they said he was like uber healthy too... It's gotta be weird sitting on the bench, seeing your kid collapse. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 29, 2006 I don't think I could deal with it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 29, 2006 Me either... On another note.. the Sabres haven't totally creamed my 'Canes yet.. . Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted December 29, 2006 Cards are on a 4-game winning streak. w00t! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 29, 2006 The football team? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted December 29, 2006 Well.. that didn't last long.. Crushed by the Sabres, 1-4. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted December 29, 2006 Yes, and Chris Drury got me some points in the fantasy league. Dude, I'm winning 10 to 1 this week! It's awesome. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites