Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Mara

That was so freakin' awesome! Hehehehehe.

Kurt Busch the cutie still leads.... muwhahahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

Yet another instance where I am reminded of the stupidity of the powers that be at nascar. At least they were consistent for once.

On the Speed channel boards...the question was asked

"Would the driver be fined if he climbed out of his car and farted right on camera?"

We decided that it actually woudn't be the driver, but head of opperations ( or whatever he calls himself) Mike Helton....When neither Helton nor Brian France owe up to it, the driver will be docked points and charged with

"Actions detrimental to keeping Mike Helton's 12 sausage breakfast contained" :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Consistent yes, so I hear. Which makes it difficult. But....grah. Just frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

From the Speed boards...

I've been sitting back and reading the conclusions you Americans came up with regarding the state of F1 popularity in your country. Where I come from(Canada) these things are never discussed, for every Nascar fan up here there are 10 F1 fans, I only know of 2 people who watch Nascar, one was raised on a farm ;) and the other is an ex-pat American. The only thing I can think of that our two countries have in common is the language, polar opposites on everything else, you name it. One reason why F1 isn't popular with your citizens is that you have in general, a limited global perspective and insular egomania i.e: if there ain't no American's it ain't worth watching This has ramification's in other parts of your society(government) where the same mentality brings you no friends, but I digress. The more you become worldly and show less hubris the better the chance of F1 gaining a big following with your people.

Well said young Canadian, well said! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Crazy people...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

*Sighs.* The Braves are choking once again. I hope they enjoy their winter whilst watching the Sox (yay!), Yankees (boo!), Cards, and Stros playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Let's go Yankees!!!!!!!!

(Screw you, Red Sox)

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mickey

die yankees!!! I loathe thee!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Well said young Canadian, well said! :D

Only problem is....everyone I know prefers Cup racing to F1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Lets go Red Sox!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Let's go Yankees!!!!!!!!

(Screw you, Red Sox)

Fett- In answer to your insignificant comment I say this:

Boomshakalaka!!!!

Not because it means anything, it's just fun to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I hope the damn Yankees lose.

Oh and.... Yeah for Kurt still leading the points. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

This ALCS is without a doubt the greatest series ever. I thought that last year was amazing. This one is even better.

My predictions for todays game:

Extra Innings. Definitly.

Damon will end his hitless streak.

Ortiz and Ramirez will hit for a couple doubles. One will get a game winning or tying hit. One will get a homer.

The flawless lineup of Jeter, A-Rod, Sheffield, Matsui, and Williams are gonna be a pain in the ass.

There's gonna be another controversial play.

Possible brawl. (We can only hope)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mickey

didn't JD get a single to the left side last night? I know he had two before last night in the playoffs ... but those both were against Anaheim I think. Anyways, I want retribution for the Twins losing to those blasted yankmees. The Sox are one sick team though, buncha REAL baseball players on that team. I hate Ortiz though, cause he suck when he was with us, now he's good ... wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

JD did get a hit, but that doesn't mean the hitless streak is over. He's had 3 hits this series. But I think he'll break the streak right now.

As for Ortiz. Who knows. Could be he just started working his ass off when he got on a team that had a chance. However, the Twins did get much better this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Ever since Game 4 I've worked out a superstitious system to make sure we don't lose.

Every light in the house must be out. Ever single one. In between innings, I read one of the most entertaining books I've read so far, "Wild Pitch" by Mike Lupica. When my dad's home, we throw balled up socks at each other between innings, too.

And it's worked 3 games in a row. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Reverse esruC ehT....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sentrosi

*walks in hearing talk of baseball*

*goes to bar, orders 2000 drinks... walks casually over to the wall and smack face into a thermal he placed there...*

sorry dont like baseball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

Well Hockey is on hold :(

Football...how bout them lions...3-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mickey

The TWins pitching got alot better, they're hitting was better last year and the defense has been about the same ... if only Guzman was less lazy ... But Torii is a god, so we got that.

I've played baseball for 14 some years now, and never really had any superstitions, but when the Twins are in the playoffs, for some reason, I do engage in rituals that some may call superstitious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

2-0 BoSox up...

Red Sox Nation is probably going crazy lol...

Edit:

6-0 Sox

Red Sox Nation IS going crazy...

Edited by Generally Inept

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mickey

no, now they're going crazy.

JD is the man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

SOX WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankees...WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW?!?!?!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Muwahahaha..I hates the Yankees.

And no hockey..I gotta wait a month until my game. : (

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.