Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Logan

Mara

THIS COMES OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY, AND I CANNOT WAIT.

Here are the two trailers (I linked the redband ones, so they are NSFW).

Also, it was officially announced it is Rated R, to no one's surprise. :p

I am kind of excited to finally see Hugh get to go full Wolverine, but also sad that it'll be his last time donning the claws. :/

Uncle Du

This is going to be soooooo good.  I can't wait!

They better find someone awesome to fill his shoes.

Andy

I'm quite looking forward to this, although I'm not sure yet if I'll manage to fit it in while it's on the big screen. Hopefully they don't ruin it like some of the other solo Wolverine films. :p

Also, what are "redband" trailers, I keep seeing it on YouTube but never seems to be any explanation of what exactly that means...

Uncle Du

Yea, I've never understood the red band thing either.  So I looked it up lol.

Apparently it basically stands for a restricted, or intended for a mature audience, trailer.  Approved trailers generally begin with the green "band", or screen, which says "Approved for all Audiences."  The red band ones are pretty much anything too violent or risqué for younger folks is what I took from it.

Andy

Ah, okay that makes sense I suppose. :)

Mara

Yup. Redband ones are the NSFW (unrated) ones. :p
Green ones are the ones you always see in the theaters before the feature.

But anyway, yes, I am excited. I don't see many rated R flicks these days, though, haha.

Uncle Du

I think you'll be able to handle it. ;)

Mara

Doesn't matter, I will force myself to. ahahahaha.

I have to enjoy my birthday. ;)

Mara

Ugh, and I did, so much.

Very good film. Enjoyed it.

(Trying to be vague so I don't spoil it lol)

k.a.mara

Saw it this past Sunday, was a very good movie and very  deserving of the R rating, (not that it was a bad thing)

Loved both Hugh Jackman's and Patrick Stewarts performances.

Sometimes their bantering felt like a parady of their characters, but that was all good. :p

Spoiler

the little girl who played "little wolvie" was very good.  her last scenes with Jackman brought tears to my eyes.

Overall this was a very dark version for Xmen and I was happy to see they made it like that. 

I was a bit dismayed to see a few parents bringing their youngsters in to see it though. I mean, these kids were like 5-10 yrs old!  I mean...honestly!  it's rated "R" for a reason.  Get a babysitter or take them to the Lego Batman movie and wait to go see it when they are in school or something. 

I often wonder where some parents heads are. :???:

Mara

Yeah, there were a few under 17 in our showing too. Not quite that young, though. Either parents didn't care, weren't aware or I don't know lol.

But I liked that it wasn't 100% a gore-fest. It had some quiet touching moments too.

Though I kind of figured I knew the ending, given the circumstances, it wasn't until Logan took the whole vial at the end there that it really hit me, he was going to die. :'(

I rarely get emotional in movies, but that end scene especially with  Laura repeating the lines from Shane over his grave, that got me... and when she flipped the cross into an X. Ugh... feels.

Professor X and Caliban got me too, but Logan, the most. Even knowing it was coming.

TheUnknown

Saw it with my friend.  We both really liked it. 

Spoiler

I totally thought Rictor was going to die just to show how bad the bad guys are by killing off one of the older kids.

As an aside, it turns out I saw it with celebrity chef Hugh Acheson. 

Mara

So what did  you guys think of X-24?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.