Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Star Wars: Thrawn

Andy

Grand Admiral Thrawn is back!

Del Rey announced Timothy Zahn's new novel, Star Wars: Thrawn is out in April 2017 and will see the canonical return of everybody's favourite blue-skinned Imperial Grand Admiral.

Thrawn is also due to appear in Star Wars: Rebels, too.

Edited by Andy

Mara

YES YES YES. I saw him in the Rebels trailer and was like, WHAT!?!?!?!?

Just from the brief clips in the Rebels trailer, he seems pretty close to his EU/Legends self. So can't wait for a new book for canon Thrawn.

Andy

I do wonder how much of the EU will make it across with him.

Mara

Well, the Rebels version seems to still have his strategic mind and his love of art and stuff. But yeah, curious how much canon Thrawn will be like EU/Legends Thrawn.

Zahn is writing the new book too so hopefully he'll be able to carry a lot of it over.

k.a.mara

Can't wait for the book!

Still skeptical about Disney and it's track record for changing things for it's own purpose.  Glad they are giving time to the EU but a shame they trashed it all like they did.

Radioactive Isotope

I may break my Disney-cannon boycott for this.

• Upvote 1

Andy

Haha, I've yet to read any new-canon either, but I want to know what else is seeping back into canon with him.

Radioactive Isotope

Noghri! Noghri! Noghri!

Mara

< Actually has no problem with the 'new' canon and the Legendizing of the EU.

I've pretty much read all of the new books so far. A lot of them are really, really good. (In fact, just picked up the second Aftermath novel). Not to mention the comics. So awesome.

But anyway...

Looking forward to how Thrawn will fit into all the canon now. Just going by  his appearance in the Rebels trailer, which wasn't much, he seems pretty similar to the 'old' version. All the studying art and strategery stuff. Plus Zahn is doing it so I'm sure it'll stay true to Thrawn's character while keeping him within canon.

I do wonder if he'll be a younger Thrawn (since we'll be meeting him before the time of ANH, and in the EU it was ten years after ROTJ) or if he's just been grabbed and pasted into an earlier time and will be the same age.

And we can wish for other stuff, but honestly, we should be happy that ANYTHING from the EU is getting canonized. And even better than it's Thrawn. So I'm happy enough. Because that chances that anything else would get the same treatment is probably almost nil.

Andy

Oh, I don't have a problem with it, I've just not gotten around to it. But then I've but gotten round to Legacy of the Force or Fate of the Jedi either. :p

Mara

Well, those don't really matter now, do they? Haha.

Andy

Not really, no. :p

Mara

Just finished it!  Good read. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.