Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Andy

(Outdated information removed. Thread continues as normal below this post.)

Edited by Andy

Mara

Rogue One

Just tossing this in here, as well...

Mara

So what do we all think? Is it obviously gonna be a Roque Squadron film? Also... what do you all think the timeline will be? Early Rogues around ESB/ROTJ... or something closer to the era of Force Awakens, with (likely) new Rogues that we haven't met before (Felicity Jones?)?

I, for one, would think it awesome if they had Wedge and Janson and the guys... but I realize how hard that might be. They'd all have to be recast, unless it was the era of TFA, accounting for their advanced ages. (Also I'm not sure if the actors are still around?)

I read something somewhere else that the early rumor for this film was it would be about bounty hunters (whether that's allied with the assumed Boba Fett film or not). So with titling it Rogue One, I'm hoping that means no bounty hunters will be involved. And we'll just get some good old-fashioned X-wing battle action.

Mara

Description of concept art, revealing plot details??

No images yet... but descriptions of them have been leaked online, from where they were shown at a Disney shareholders meeting.

What do you think? Doesn't seem very Rogue Squadron to me and more just general war/battle... but who knows?

Is it possible that "Rogue One" doesn't refer to the X-wings pilot at all?

Andy

It's true that they haven't specified that it does refer to Rogue Squadron, so it's all speculation right now. The title definitely could be a red herring.

Mara

Mmhmm...

But on the other hand, we can't put too much on one guy's description of some concept art. I mean, there is no script or anything yet, far as I know, lol.

We'll just have to see what pops later.

Mara

All righties, so the plot is apparently about the mission to get the plans for the Death Star.

Now, in ANH, Mon Mothma mentions that it was "Bothan spies" which we always assumed (and the EU as well, were another species altogether).

But most of the people cast in this film seem to be portraying humans. (Excepted for Alan Tudyk who is doing a mo-cap).

So, do we think there will still be Bothans? Is Alan playing a Bothan? What's up?

Andy

Mon Mothma isn't in A New Hope, you're thinking of Return of the Jedi. I don't think they ever mention specifics about the team that secured the first Death Star plans. 

Mara

......I feel like a bad SW fan. :red: *finds a hole to crawl into*

In a pathetic defense, I blame having watched all the six films in the last two weeks. Things have blurred.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Aha, Shane and I are rewatching them now, ready for when we go see TFA for the second time. :)

Mara

Just dropping the trailer in here, too...

"It's a rebellion. I rebel."  -- best. line. ever.

Edited by Mara

Andy

I'm getting more and more psyched for this film.

The first time I saw the trailer I wasn't sure, but after going through frame by frame for the article I keep picking up little details that make me anticipate it even more.

I'm also wondering how they will link it up to classic trilogy, as the beginning of ANH sees Leia attempting to deliver the plans to the Alliance. At some point those plans have to be transferred from Jyn to Leia, with Vader's ship in almost immediate pursuit.

Edited by Andy

Mara

Totally!

I watched a trailer breakdown today... there's a bunch out there, but this is the one I saw:

It's pretty interesting.

Andy

Cool, I wish I had the facilities to do videos, but it's difficult enough keeping up to date on articles. :p 

Mara

Haha yeah!

A lot of what they said you had in your article. But there are some 'new' things in it.

Mara

So because of Mads' big mouth, we now know which character he is playing:

Spoiler

Jyn's father!

Which is strange, because I thought we already knew that? Or maybe it was just assumed... Well, it's confirmed now ha.

Andy

Yeah, this had been rumoured a while back, so I guess this just serves as confirmation. 

Mara

Haha yup.

Also, I cannot believe how excited I am for this. Because at first, I was wary at having these 'side' films that wouldn't be part of the main saga. Now, though.... SQUEE.

Darth Nemesis

I'm actually looking forward to this film. It'll be interesting and I do hope Vader makes an appearance of sorts and it is cool to boot. Heh.

• Upvote 1

Andy

Yeah, I hope Vader at least makes an appearance too. :)

Mara

Well, he's supposed to be in it.

Mara

And Mon Mothma will have a bigger role!

Plus, gotta say, I've been loving all these pics from EW.  December seems so far away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.