Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Ayingel

Star Wars Rebels

Ayingel

Disney and Lucasfilms have announced that a teaser trailer will be coming for Star Wars Rebels the show announced to take the place of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.Disney and Lucasfilms have announced that a teaser trailer will be coming for Star Wars Rebels the show announced to take the place of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. There isn't a lot of information regarding exactly how this series will fit into the timeline, however, representatives are stating that the show will take place during the time between the original trilogies, "in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape," which seems to mean that the show will likely start shortly after Episode III.

The announcement of this show has been much anticipated since the cords were cut on The Clone Wars to prepare for this show. The series is not set to premier until 2014, but the teaser trailer is set to premier on Disney XD around 8:30 PM ET/PT, and is anticipated to be online shortly thereafter. Keep in mind, we won't have a huge glimpse of the series at this time, but the 1 -second trailer should really boost curiosity for viewers of all types.

Producers for the show will be none other than Dave Filoni (Supervising Director for Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Greg Weisman (of Gargoyles fame), and Simon Kinberg (screenwriter and producer of X-Men: First Class, and Sherlock Holmes) who will also be writing the first episode.

Click here to view the article

Mara

I'm super excited for this. Especially since I haven't heard anything about the live-action series that was supposed to take place in the same era.  And I actually liked the new Clone Wars series.

Mara

All righties... so the finale was on Monday...

In general -- Having watched all season, my opinion is that I wouldn't put it in the same class as Clone Wars... but I still thought it was entertaining. Harmless fun. And I enjoyed all the cameos.

Regarding the finale --

It was actually a bit of a shock that Fulcrum turned out to be Ashoka. At least for me. I was kind of leaning towards Fulcrum  being one of our canon rebel leaders, like Mon Mothma.

But it was nice to see her again.

Also...  killing off the Inquisitor? I thought he'd be around for a while. But I guess it gives them an excuse to bring in Vader more.

Kind of wished it was "ugly sideburns" Kaelis who had gotten the ax, haha

All in all, though... Looking forward to see what season 2 brings!

Andy

I've missed a few episodes so I'm still playing catch up, but I've enjoyed what I've seen so far.

Bad furday

I've seen every episode this season, and all I'll say is I can't wait for season 2! :D

Mara

Watched the season two premiere the other day... and it was awesome! :D

Mara

So the season two finale was earlier this week... and WOWZERS.

Spoiler

Is Ahsoka dead??? AHHH.

Andy

I still need to watch Rebels. Can't they put it on Netflix? lol 

Mara

Loving season 3 so far.

Tonight Wedge Antilles makes his debut. :D

I'm just waiting for more Thrawn; he had only a small part in the premiere.

Though I could manage better if they'd just ditch Maul. I feel like he's the Boba Fett of the new canon. Dude won't die.

Andy

Apparently Rogue One's Saw Gerrera is making a jump over to Rebels, with Forest Whitaker reprising his role.

There's a clip too! :)

http://on.io9.com/i4BGqnN

Mara

I know! I'm excited.

I just wish there was more Thrawn. So far, he's not been on much.

Andy

Yeah, they could never have too much Thrawn. 

Mara

Yes!

But you can have too much Darth Maul. Ugh. He's like the Boba Fett of the new canon.

Andy

Aha yeah, I never really liked Maul that much to be honest.

Mara

*squees for Saturday and the rest of season 3*

Mara

Sweeeet.

I am looking forward to season 4. Season 3 was pretty awesome.

Andy

Sad that it's the last season, but at least I can catch up now. :p

Mara

Yeah... But I figured it couldn't continue too much longer. They are about catching up to the events of Rogue One/A New Hope haha. (I think only a year or two away at the most, since at the beginning of season 3 Ezra is about 17, and he's the same age as Luke/Leia and they are 19 in ANH).

Mara

Rebels returns next month for the second half of season 4/the last season, and holy crappola, Palps is in it!!!

Andy

I really need to watch Rebels. Maybe I'll wait and get a Blu-ray boxset. Hmm...

Mara

YES WATCH IT.  /uses the Force

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.