Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Advertising Feedback

Andy

To help support the running costs of Galactic Basic, banner advertisments provided by Google have been added to some parts of the forums, along with affiliate links inserted be VigLink.

We hope they are not obtrusive or inappropriate, but if you have any feedback regarding the content, placement or style of these advertisements please leave your feedback in this thread.

Edited by Andy
Thread locked as it is out of date and attracting spam.

Ayingel

I think they look pretty nice. :)

Ayingel

Just wondering...I see the solid color ads are red, can they be changed to blue at all?

Andy

They can be changed, I'll see what I can do - don't want them to blend in too much in case they look like part of the site and get clicked by accident. :)

Ayingel

But then you makes the money, yes? lol

TheUnknown

Is there any way to control the content of the ads?  If so, what about making them more in-line with the site's content as opposed random crap like ads for BP.  As fa as ad placement, my only problem is when they are just after the first post.

Andy

I'm not sure how much control I have over the content of the ads, I deliberately made the flad after the first post the smallest one possible to have.

Google ads are supposed to bear the page content in mind, but it's not too accurate on forums due to the mixed nature ofthe content. They can also use your previous searches if you're logged in to Google.

Andy

I've enabled VigLink, a revenue earning service that inserts relevant links into posts to enable the site to generate income.

It's had generally better reviews than similar services but if it proves to be too much of a nuisance I will disable it.

Bad furday

*Looks at the most recent ads*  Alright...which one of you lot is checking out new Mazdas? :p

Andy

I got adverts for lightsabers :D

Ayingel

I'm getting hosting sites lol

Pandora

Old Republic on my end. Not obstrusive or annoying at all, actually.

Andy

II've seen those too, along with dark horse comics ads, seems like it's getting better at giving us relevant ads. :)

And welcome back pod :p

Pandora

:lol: Thanks.