Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

The EU Challenge

Princess

Once you find the thread, feel free to discuss. I started the thread tonight because I've had some things come up to do over the weekend, but it's been ages since I've read and I'm planning on making notes of pertinent points as I read it again.

Anakin Solo - Potted Plant

Once you find the thread, feel free to discuss. I started the thread tonight because I've had some things come up to do over the weekend, but it's been ages since I've read and I'm planning on making notes of pertinent points as I read it again.

Okay, cool. I am going to try to read it over the weekend myself. I will probably post as I go along though, I won't wait till I finish to start discussing. Otherwise I might forget some of my thoughts (I have good reading comprehension but I am a horrible note taker).

Mara

Well, scratch part of my last post... I realized last night that Bakura is one of the five random SW hardcovers I do currently have in my possession. (I don't say "own" 'cause technically I think they're still my dad's, which he got for $1, but I've confiscated them until I replace with paperbacks. :p)

Anyway, once I finish the two I've got right now, I should be able to dive in. These SW novels read pretty fast, compared to other ones. (Unless I decide to finish out Fate of the Jedi first).

Princess

So just curious, how many people have Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor by Matthew Stover?

Drake

*raises hand*

This one.

Edited by Drake

TheUnknown

I don't but I know the library back home has it.

Speaking of which, they used to have The Truce at Bakura, but lo and beyond, I go to check it out, and it's not there. So, no bookclub for me this time, unless I can find it at the UGA library or the Athens library.

Radioactive Isotope

So just curious, how many people have Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor by Matthew Stover?

I do.

Mara

Don't have it, but I've read it. Would be easy to get it from the library, though.

Except for the five random hardcovers I have currently in possession from my dad (Truce at Bakura, I, Jedi, Planet of Twilight, Darksaber, and Vision of the Future), I own no SW books.

Edited by Mara

Radioactive Isotope

Now that's just sad. :p I think my collection's hovering around 100.

Edited by Radioactive Isotope

Ana

I don't; will have to check the library in Tacoma once I move up there.

Bad furday

I don't have it- that one's said to be good though :)

Jake Durron

I had it at one point... Not sure if I do anymore. I can buy it lol.

Mara

Now that's just sad. :p I think my collection's hovering around 100.

It's sad to save money? :p If I bought every SW book I ever read, even at the paperback price of about $8 each... yeah, that's a loooot of money I could use for more important things.

Plus, right now, I just don't have any more bookcase space for more books.

Pandora

Bookcases are $25 at walmart

Jake Durron

I have a legitimate excuse! I sold some of mine to make a car payment. I hope to rebuild my collection soon.

Mara

Bookcases are $25 at walmart

If I could put them on my ceiling, I would get more bookcases. :p But like I said, I have no more room for bookcases in my room. I'll have to wait till I get my own place.

Princess

FYI, next book is Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

TheUnknown

So, I was able to find The Truce at Bakura after all. Haven't checked it out yet, though, but at least I know where it is.

Princess

I'm finding that when I'm reading these critically, that I'm getting a lot more out of them than if I was just reading for fun

Jake Durron

Well I suck... Anyone have an idea of which app would give me the least expensive books? I can't find a used bookstore and couldn't find bakura in my collection.

Princess

Finished Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor last night. Will post my thought tomorrow

Princess

And I'm thinking that it's time to go Old Republic, Prequel area so that we can do a true chronological reading

Mara

I had mentioned that earlier. ;p

Anyway, I was thinking of doing that anyway, starting around Ep 1 with Cloak of Deception, but now with the Darth Plagueis novel coming out in Dec., I might just go back and read the Darth Bane ones again. Or just wait for Plagueis.

Winters

I'm going in on this.

I'm going to read Truce at Bakua and Luke Skywalker while you go into the Old Republic, which is my driest collection.

Princess

Sweet, thought that it would be your kind of thing

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.