Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

The EU Challenge

Princess

I was just talking to someone and we came up with a great idea that should really stimulate some discussion. Since there aren't many new books coming out right now, it's time to re-read the EU. Anyone who wants to participate can sign up in this thread. The goal is to re-read the books in a specified order (I'll try to do it chronologically) and really get in depth about them besides just "I liked the book" or "I thought it is the SUXXORS!!!11!!1" Each book will have it's own thread and you can read at your own pace, but I'll try not to set the pace too fast. First book will be announced on Monday.

Jake Durron

I'm in!

Anakin Solo - Potted Plant

I'm in!

Princess

Okay, even though there's only 3 of us right now, I'm going to post the first book because it may take some people a little while to find it and dust it off, and may want to get started reading over the weekend, the first book is...

... The Truce at Bakura

Jake Durron

Rawr! *looks at crates of freshly packed books*

Damn...

Bad furday

I remember that one! I think it's one of the few SW novels I have in hardcover. Guess I'll just have to sign up for this one ;)

Andy

Interesting idea. Don't think I have that book, and I also have a massive list of things to do at the moment. :p

Radioactive Isotope

I don't think I've ever read that one. *gasp*

I need to finish Conviction first and then I'll try to get to TAB.

Pandora

Wow that is an oldie. I'm in. I'll be slow but if I can find it I will read it.

Ana

Oh what the heck, I'm in! As long as there aren't punishments for, uh, falling behind occasionally. >_>

Edited by Ana

Princess

Nope. The only reason that we're reading books in somewhat of an order is so that we can get real discussion going, but do it at your own pace. That's why I announced the book early. Gives people time and then we won't do the next one for at least a week, most likely 2.

TheUnknown

I'll give it a whirl. Once class starts back and I'm having to read for three classes and teach two more, all bets are off. Hopefully, this'll give me an excuse to write some reviews on Epinions.

Jake Durron

Haha I forgot to pull it out before I left. I suppose I shall have to buy a new one. Lol

Mara

Depending on how long you give us to read it, I might be in. I have two books at the moment to get through first, and I'd have to wait on the library.

(Of course if you really wanted to do chronology, you should start in the Old Republic, or at least pre-ANH).

Edited by Mara

Princess

There is no set time limit to read them.

Pandora

Maybe you should repeat that again because I'm not sure we got it... to be clear... there is not a set time limit?

:p

• Upvote 1

Princess

Well that's what people keep asking! :p

Drake

So, say I want to finish catching up on LotF first before starting this, you're saying I can start reading these whenever I want? Or am I bound by some kind of unbreakable internet rule?

:p

TheUnknown

You will be killed slowly if you don't go in the correct order.

Princess

I may just have to torture you slowly D

Drake

So, what you're saying is, if I keep asking pointless and obvious questions, I will be in danger of some kind of virtual internet punishment?

I am trembling in my virtual internet boots. :p

Bad furday

Read if you got 'em! :p

Radioactive Isotope

I may just have to torture you slowly D

Careful. He might like it. :p

Sin

I am in,

Anakin Solo - Potted Plant

You guys are cracking me up.

Btw, obviously we have gone over that there is no set time limit!

But is there a set date to start discussion, or do we just start discussing in the TAB thread whenever?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.