Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Bad furday

Celebration VI

Jake Durron

damn!

I'll buy them as soon as I can then

Sin

That would be wise.

Andy

I'd love to come, but I have no idea whether I can afford it or not. Currently I only have unemployment benefits as my income, so I can't really do much saving until I get a job. :(

Sin

If I had the spare cash, I would totally give it to u

Bad furday

*cues those"'D'awwwww!" 's* :p

Ayingel

Okay, I'm going to try to save up the needed funds and get out there...

Princess

So, I just remembered that my cousin/goddaughter is graduating in June and lives out in New Jersey and I haven't seen her in a few years and will most likely be going to her graduation, so I'll really have to save up to be able to afford both trips

Mara

This is over a year away. I can't plan that far in advance. :p

Edited by Mara

Ana

Blech. The convention center's a good one and all, but WHY ORLANDO IN AUGUST?! AGAIN?!?! :( Soooooo hot.

Oh well. Booking now regardless. I am so Celebration's Bitch.

Pandora

I will probably book this fall. Again, gotta see how easy this easy street is going to be to walk down first...

Jake Durron

OK so I'm crazy, you all know this, come... have fun and join me!

I'm thinking arrival into Florida on the 10th early, check into Disney, stay at disney through sunday the 12, check into the Portofino and spend the 13th-20th at Orlando Studios, check into the condo on the 20th, go to the beach/party for a couple days then hit up the convention and say goodbye on the 27th.

Anyone else?

with a budget of 75 dollars a day for food, you're looking at... 3000 a person plus airfare and souvenirs!

IT'S SO CHEAP!!!

And that's without talking to my travel agent who can bump that price down.

Come on... you know you wanna!

Andy

I'll have to stop looking at this thread. :p

Drake

Wow, umm. Maybe not for quite that long for me. I'll already probably be stretched for funds as it is. Not to mention, I'm already flying from Canada so it will cost me more.

Ayingel

Yeah, I can't do that long either, but I'm up for a day or two before and after!

Ana

I do want to do other things... but I really don't know that Universal Studios needs an entire week to itself. That'd be a LOT of time for one park, again and again.

Bad furday

Lol, I still have to order my pass *smacks self* but yeah..this time i'd stay a day or two after the con, I think to sample the theme parks- DO want to ride the new Star Tours ;)

Ayingel

A day or two after is perfect for me since it goes through the 26th and the 27th is my birthday >.>

Pandora

From someone who has been to all of these theme parks more than once, allow me to be the voice of experience.

First off, Disney. Disney is expensive. Disney Studios (which shall forever be MGM in my heart) is fun for grown-ups. The rest of it is better if you have kids. It is also beyond huge. To experience even just the big-kid type stuff would take at least two weeks. Lines are long. They don't do much in the way of express passes unless you're a single rider (some rides don't even express for singles). If you try to go to Disney and feel like you want to see everything, you always leave disappointed unless you stay a couple weeks. That being said, a Big Mac in and around the park costs $10. No. Lie.

Sea World. Fun. Takes a day. I grew up with Shamu. Good times.

Universal is two parks, plus a strip of bars called City Walk. Universal is hella fun for adults and older kids. Four or five days is enough for a really satisfying experience, ESPECIALLY if you have the perks of staying in one of the park hotels (a little more expensive, but incredibly nice). Perks of staying on the park: paid-for transportation between the hotel, City Walk, and the park gates (it's not that bad of a walk though); you get unlimited entry to the parks (rather than the in once and out-for-good style of Disney tickets); your hotel key is an automatic FastPass, which means you automatically get bumped to the front of the line (makes the 3 hour wait for the Hulk take ten minutes). Incidentals are a little cheaper than Disney, and if someone has a car and knows the area (I plan to drive down) Orlando like the locals live is cheaper and easily accessible. Universal also does something Disney doesn't: they partner with the other parks and attractions across Florida. Want a combo day at Sea World? Bundle with Busch Garden tickets and check out Tampa? Easier.

Not to like, knock Disney, or anything, but there's a lot of open space between attractions and no shade. Universal is set out in a kind of flower-pattern, so there's less time exposed to the elements. August in Florida: it is going to be sweltering, it is going to be humid, and it is going to rain every single day. And after it rains the pavement is going to literally steam.

All that being said, I'd love to see Star Tours too. It has been a long time since I did anything Disney. I am interested to see what else is different about MGM.

Oh and might I also point out about City Walk at Universal: you can get alcohol in plastic cups and carry them into anything else. Margaritaville is also the source of my ONLY clinical black-out. I know we went into the movie theatre. I don't remember anything else after that.

Bad furday

We'll keep options open for Universal, then. :) I'm sure that they may have something with Star Tours at the con- they did last time ie: shuttle rides from the convention centre to the Star Tours and back again at a set time. I'll keep a lookout for that.

Jake Durron

*sighs*

I guess I went a LITTLE spending happy... although really I was saying like the weekend at Disney because yeah I wanna go back to MGM... Although I did budget that all in staying at the Portofino in Universal, the Port New Orleans resort at Disney and having park hopper options. there are ways to do it cheaper.

I will happily do the budgeting differently to see how it goes, and Ayingel we're TOTALLY staying through to do a big birthday celebration!

So is the general consensus Parks AFTER convention?

Jake Durron

btw I know this is over a freaking year away, I'm just planning it all out because I'm budgeting for two.

Pandora

I won't be able to stay after the convention because classes will be starting back up. But that's cool because if Daniel and I want to do our own thing we can.

Disney doesn't do park hoppers with any other parks, though. Every other park in the state does, but Disney park hoppers are for hopping bewteen the different parks within Disney. Tey're stuck up like that. :p

Jake Durron

I know that! But that means we can ride space mountain and go to animal kingdom! I want to do it before but I can forgo Disney

So what 4 days universal, 1 day sea world, 3 days beach/partying, four days convention and a big party for Ayingel's birthday?

Princess

There's probably no way that I'll be able to be down there for 2 weeks

Jake Durron

at least stay for the party afterwards?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.