Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Ayingel

The Inebriation Station

Mara

Kunal Nayyar? :p

Bad furday

It'd have to be someone they could get for cheap :P

Mara

Kal Penn? :p

Bad furday

Not dark enough :p

Mara

Hmm...

Sorry, out of ideas. :p

Andy

That awkward moment when you've been outdrunk by your parents... 

Mara

My mom gave me her cold, blergh.

Bad furday

*runs in* Happy birthday to our Emperor Beeurd! :D

• Upvote 1

Mara

Yes, have a great day! :D

• Upvote 1

Andy

I did. :) 

Apart from the night before when I'd had one too many drinks and didn't see the 5 foot drop the other side of a low wall... Although to be fair it was pitch black and there should really have been a fence there. :p

Mara

Getting too old for stuff like that. ;)

Andy

Tell me about it... :p

Andy

I'm beginning to think I need a time-turner like Hermione has in The Prisoner of Azkaban just so I can fit everything I want to do into a day.

Mara

Spent a lovely Christmas Eve in the dark, because we lost power during a wind storm. Woo.

And now we have another big winter storm coming, so I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't go out this time.

Andy

Seems to be a lot of storms about at the moment... lots of flooding over here, but seems okay in my area at the moment.

Mara

Yeah, I heard about that, too.

Luckily my area is all right. Other parts of the country have had it much worse.

TheUnknown

This is almost a month late, but round of drinks for everyone.  I'm no longer homeless.

Andy

Woop woop!

Hope things are going better for you now :)

Mara

Great to hear. :)

Mara

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Star Wars Day! :D

Andy

Hmm, I think I'll kill the news section again. It brings visitors when new articles are posted but I really don't have enough time. :(

I'll probably scale it back to the forum again, possibly keeping the timeline if I get it updated...

Mara

:/

Makes sense, though; so we don't end up with repeats, I suppose, on the forum itself.

Andy

So today is EU Referendum day when us Brits have to decide which bunch of idiots we want to believe the propaganda they have been spouting for the past four months. 

Should we remain a member of the European Union or leave? I'm not sure we are qualified to be making this decision, really, given the lack of actual facts in this campaign. But then that's probably what they wanted.

TheUnknown

My inclination would be to leave.  That's from my view of American "free" trade deals as those that make it easier to job good-paying jobs overseas to third-world countries while keeping prices at relatively stable levels, thus making the rich richer while destroying the working class.  I imagine the EU is a bit different.

Andy

I voted to remain. I think there are good things about EU membership as well as the bad points that made people want to leave in the first place.

I feel sorry for the young people of the UK, really, as they didn't get a say and they will be affected the most by it. EU membership gave UK citizens an automatic right to travel, live, study, and work in the 27 other EU countries, but now barriers will go up and make it more difficult for them to do so.

I hope that by leaving the UK hasn't made a terrible mistake, but I'm sure the economy will recover and we will renegotiate our trade deals with other nations in time.

As they say in Europe, c'est la vie. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.