Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

The Fate of our Mutants

We're going back...to the future!  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chickenman

I like the summer idea at the most. I don't know though. Again, the appeal to me here is that they're teenagers. And if we do jump ahead, that means the characters, who haven't been majorly developed just yet (having only seen them in action for three days or so) are going to have to have developed a whole year's worth of experiences instantly.

I'll use Silas as an example, simply because he's the only one I have any familiarity with. I'm not sure if any other characters are in the same boat. He's got no close friends in the group, no rivals, no memories of his training at the school, no experience at all controlling his powers. A flash forward will mean I'll have to figure out all of that stuff instantly. Not impossible, but a little inconvenient, as I can't allow my character to just grow. I don't know, you guys seem to really hate the school idea.

I'd just have the days pick up after school lets out, unless there are certain things people want to happen at school. How many shows about teenagers actually show them at school? Doing schoolwork? Just skip over the monotony and save the actual school for the story needs it.

Andy

I agree with Chicken pretty much.

Calvin had had one full day in the RP, and while he is settling into to Xavier's I think there is a lot of development to be missed if we skip too far. Also, Danny and Chase are still only just starting to drift apart.

Chickenman

Not even just how long it's skipping, but skipping at all...the characters have scarcely been introduced, in my opinion.

Rogue

Okay, I appreciate the debate guys, but it's decided.

2 people majority isn't the great majority I would like, so what I'm going to do to be fair is take an average of the votes...2.5 years. That means we'll be starting at the begining of summer in the second year.

This means that everyone's moving two years ahead. I understand that some of you are upset about character development. If that's the case, IM me with your concerns and we'll see what we can work out.

However, character development can come in the form of flashbacks, etc. So I want you to think about that.

Chickenman, IM me later so we can work something out.

Now, I want everyone to think carefully about their characters. Where would they be then? Who's side are they on? Who are their friends, their rivals? Talk to eachother, figure it out. What do they stand for? What hardships have they been through?

This also gives everyone a chance to get rid of the characters they don't like. Also, I'll allow you to adjust character ages if you want to keep them in school (And they are out) Or take them out of school (and they are in). If you're getting rid of a character, let me know. If you're adding a character, same story.

Let's finish up this day, and then we'll move ahead. If anybody has some ideas for future plot lines, please let me know. Thanks!

Mara

I agree with Chicken pretty much.

Calvin had had one full day in the RP, and while he is settling into to Xavier's I think there is a lot of development to be missed if we skip too far. Also, Danny and Chase are still only just starting to drift apart.

I would also agree, but it seems I am too late.

Rogue

Yes, so thanks for being a jerk and bringing it up when the situation is done.

Works very well since my whole thing was to try and not cause trouble. Thanks for throwing us back in the frying pan.

Drake

The votes have been cast and the decision has been made. It was not an easy one to make and took quite a bit of discussion between myself and Rogue as we tried to make everyone happy.

It's not ideal for me. I wanted a longer jump but I'm going to suck it up and move on. I would suggest you do the same instead of dwelling on this decision.

Edited by Drake

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.