Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Films that make you emotional

Winters

No comment. Request to move on to another movie.

Andy

After me. :p

It's a very bittersweet film, I was 10 when I saw Jurassic Park on the big screen. I was going to post a massive rant, but if you don't understand then I guess you never will.

If there is one film you have to see from the 1990s, I'd say this was it. It's a masterpiece, simply put. And John Williams' soundtrack is incredible. And yes, I would say it is a better film than any of the Star Wars films.

When I first heard about the film, I knew I HAD to see it. It wasn't a question of waiting for it to be on TV like we usually did (didn't go to the cinema often), and somehow I managed to convince my dad to take me to see it.

You know that feeling you get when you've just watched an amazing film? This was the first film I can remember getting that feeling. lol

I odn't know what it is, but it's so deeply connected that even just the theme tune can overwhelm me, lol. No other film does that. lol

Chickenman

Pfft, whatever, idiot. :p

I agree about Williams' work. The theme to Jurassic Park is probably the most epic thing I've ever heard from him. :D

Winters

I love Jurassic Park, just as much as most people, but I don't find it emotional, when I saw it, I was in awe. And of course, you don't need to talk to me about the greatness of John Williams... I saw his greatnes before I even reached Middle School.

However, I have that feeling that emotional is in need of description because I see emotion as something as touching rather than awe inspiring. But that's my point of view. I see emotion in a more romantic sense...

Mara

Well, Jurassic Park IS an awesome film.

Chickenman

I love Jurassic Park, just as much as most people, but I don't find it emotional, when I saw it, I was in awe. And of course, you don't need to talk to me about the greatness of John Williams... I saw his greatnes before I even reached Middle School.

However, I have that feeling that emotional is in need of description because I see emotion as something as touching rather than awe inspiring. But that's my point of view. I see emotion in a more romantic sense...

Damn it, you're so cultured. :p

Radioactive Isotope

it's a nice change of pace sometimes. :p

Bad furday

"Jurassic park is frightening in the dark, all the dinosaurs are runnnnning wiilllllld!" :p

Ender

The end of Pan's Labyrinth gets me every single time.

Andy

Yeah Pan's Labyrinth is a pretty awesome (yet weird) film.

Winters

I have to agree, I forgot about it... beautiful movie... weird, but beautiful and well done.

TheUnknown

Saving Private Ryan

Two things come to mind:

1.) The end with Tom Hanks' characters monologue and the elderly James Ryan crying.

2.) The medic, when they're in the church at night talking about how his mother would come home late and he would pretend to be asleep for some reason and how he felt guilty. That got to me.

Chickenman

Wit the second one, I didn't realize what he was going on about until a couple watches later.

Mara

Pfft, whatever, idiot. :p

I agree about Williams' work. The theme to Jurassic Park is probably the most epic thing I've ever heard from him. :D

I love to listen to the soundtrack when it's raining. Especially while driving. Seems to have more impact.

And, when I get a chance to watch it, I'm predicting that Sharkwater will make me emotional, since the trailer already has, lol.

Andy

lol, and I forgot about SCHINDLER'S LIST too. :|

Bad furday

So...back on topic... :p

It's a Wonderful Life- the ending scene where everyone pours into the room to help George Baily.

The ending of Angels in the Outfield....I guess because I'm adopted..and Danny Glover's character surprises the two orphans by

adopting them.

That scene in WallE...where WallE and EvE are dancing in space as the voice-over goes on about love or something

but it's muted in the background

I agree with King Kong 2005. The ending of that is very sad.

The ending of October Sky.

And I agree with the mention of Land Before Time. Didn't Littlefoot's mother sing a song, that was in the end credits?

Winters

Schindlers List... honestly, that movie is perfect in every way, except the fact that people died, but as a movie, it's perfect, well made, score couldn't have done better, and if it was done better, it would have been done by Mendelssohn or so... BEAUTIFUL... emotional... yes...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.