Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day Three: Allegiances

Mara

Sean grinned at Neil. "I wouldn't think of it for the world, Mr Travis," he said letting the man drop after some of the residual energy had nicely straightened the wrinkles out of his new uniform.

"Maybe more of... companions," he winked before joining Mystique in the 'copter.

For now he was content with letting the younger man use up his energy. There was plenty of time for Sean to break out his own later.

Finally having a few peaceful moments to himself, Joseph dug out one of his school books and started reading. But keeping an ear out for any trouble.

After carefully planning out her unplanned Saturday, August still couldn't believe how she found herself right now pulling into Bridget's driveway. Not only to hang out with her but to go to the carnival at the beach. Sometimes she half-wondered if the other girl had some sort of superhuman socialite powers.

"August!" Bridget's shrill scream broke into her thoughts as the girl bounded down her front steps and launched herself next to August in the front seat of the red convertible. August belatedly thought that she should have left the top up. Too late now.

"Hey, Bridge. You ready?"

"Oh, yeah. Let's go!"

August nodded and pulled around the circular driveway and out into the street, heading towards the beach.

Edited by Mara

Chickenman

Silas' breakneck run came to a sudden halt as another burst of ESP entered his mind.

People were coming for him. He shivered violently, as though an ice-cold gust was tearing at him. Whoever it was, they scared him a hell of a lot more than the cops.

People were beginning to take notice of the kid standing still in the middle of the sidewalk. Before he knew it, Silas was running again. He didn't know where he was headed, he just needed to keep moving.

Mara

The carnival was already moving full-swing when August pulled her red convertible into a parking slot with Bridget in tow. She really hoped that Bridget wouldn't be upset that she might have missed, like, ten seconds of this silly beach party. And happily, she wasn't. The girl screeched something intelligible at August and jumped out of the car. Apparently she just wanted a ride and didn't want to party with her friend. Which was all and find for August. She could just go home now. But now that she was here, she might as well stay.

She locked up her car and slowly made her way down the parking lot towards the beach. August greeted a couple of girls she knew on the way but didn't stop to chat, citing that she needed to find Bridget, which was partly true. She just didn't need to find her now. Reaching the beach, she slipped off her sandals and let the sand wrap around her toes as she walked down to the water.

Drake

Hailey had her eyes closed and her hands clenching the arm rests of her seat. She tried focusing on the metal around her, attempting to glean some measure of comfort from the natural ores that made up the fuselage of the X-Jet. It comforted her a little but not nearly as much as being on solid ground. Additionally, her powers were no where near developed enough to manipulate refined metals, which left her with a sense of helplessness as she shot across through the air to the other side of the country.

It had been like this for the past hour. Both Jean and Kurt had tried talking to her earlier in the flight but, aside from short, one-word replies, she had remained tight-lipped and to-herself. Mostly to keep from losing her breakfast. Wondering when the trip would be over, Hailey cracked open her eyes and loosened her grip on one of the arm rests. She reached over to a small screen next to her and called up a map overlaid with their flight path. They were getting close to Seattle. According to the map, the X-Jet had just passed near Portland, Oregon and was now crossing the border into Washinton state. ETA was fifteen minutes.

Scott glanced back from the pilot controls. "We're almost there. Jean, could you try to get a fix on his location? I want to land us as close to him as we can."

Rogue

Jean looked across at Scott, glad to see that he was done joking and back to taking charge as usual, and nodded. The redhead closed her eyes, placing her hands up near her head as she focussed...

"He's moving...but he's somewhere to the east."

She tried to get a tighter lock on him, and was rewarded when she was met by his thoughts. She blinked. "He knows we're here."

Drake

"There's a small wooded clearing we can set down in near where you said," Scott said, pointing to an area of green on the map. "The whole east side of the city is residential. We'll need to be extra careful with our powers."

He brought the X-Jet down in the middle of the clearing. Hailey's sigh of relief was audible as the landing gear hit earth. Scott smiled and dropped the ramp. "We're going to split up. Calvin, Lila, you're with Peter and Jean. Chase, Kurt and Hailey, with me."

Andy

Calvin frowned, hoping he had enough control over his power. Burning down a residential area of a large city was not what he had in mind for this trip.

Chase, behind him on the ramp felt his hesitation and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It'll be fine, don't worry about it so much."

"Nah, I'm okay really," Calvin said, "it's just first mission nervousness, I guess."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Chase looked over at Scott, "Well I should probably go join my team. Seeya in a bit, mate."

Calvin smiled, reassured, and went to join Jean and the others from his tea.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.