Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Chickenman

Webcomics

Chickenman

Well, I absolutely love webcomics, was wondering if anyone could reccomend some/I could reccomend any. Right now I've been reading:

Airshell-Weird kind of psychological/cyberpunk thing. I'm still not sure how to describe it.

Angels 2200-Fun comic about a squadron of starfighter pilots fighting to keep the peace in the wake of a plague that killed 99% of the male population. Emergency Archives, as the website's server had a massive fail a while back, and they haven't replaced the ending of the first few chapters just yet.

Crimson Dark-Tale of a band of space pirates and a reluctant war hero. In the same vein as Serenity, but different enough that it isn't a copycat. Great way to get your Serenity fix, regardless.

NSTA: Semper Vigilantis-Adventures of a kind futuristic NSA's field agents. Really fun.

Post-Nuke-Living in a post-apocalyptic hellscape.

Schism-Years after a catastrophic computer crash brings society to it's knees, the man responsible tries to remember his past while another tries to figure out how to save his sister, who is suffering from its affects.

Edited by Chickenman

Radioactive Isotope

Looking for Group: Loosely based on WoW, an Elf, a Warlock, a giant Ox, a dwarf, and a lady ogre travel around together. Richard, the warlock, is hystarical

MegaTokyo: Two friends, Piro and Largo go to Japan and spend all their money on anime and gamer stuff and can't afford plane tickets back to the States. Piro is your classic anime nerd and speaks fluent Japanese. Largo is a hardcore gamer and speaks mostly in 1337. Hilarity ensues.

Drake

Exact same as JM. No more. No less. :p

Ayingel

licd is funny...a little more racy, but made by the same guys who bring you lfg! and ctrl+alt+del of course

Drake

Actually, there is one other that I enjoy. Though, the creators appear to be on a little hiatus at the moment.

This one.

;)

Ayingel

lawls....just...lawls...

Chickenman

Well, I didn't add my comedy ones, so here I goes.

8-Bit Theater-Genius sprite comic using the Final Fantasy 1 sprites and somewhat follows its storyline, but one doesn't lose anything by not being familiar with the game.

Ctrl Alt Del-Isn't the funniest thing around, but I love the characters and storylines, so I have to keep coming around.

Cyanide and Happiness-Orgasm in webcomic form. But if you're saving yourself for marriage, just read it slower.

Gone With the Blastwave-Post Apocalyptic settings are ripe for comedy! It's pretty genius.

Penny Arcade-Does this one need explaining? Two buddies talk about video games, but the joke rarely needs you to be familiar with the game. And often has nothing to do with games anyway. :p

The Perry Bible Fellowship-Absurdist comedy at it's finest. I rarely laugh out loud when sitting at my computer alone. This one has me doubled over.

Chickenman

I never enjoyed VG Cats.

Drake

I enjoy VG Cats. However, I find that they update about as much as we do with the Revenants. :p

Tsl

I should probably start reading Megatokyo...

Haven't kept up with Penny Arcade or VG cats in ages...

Bad furday

After checking out the Perry Bible Fellowship site.....*has died laughing*

*ghost mode*

I want the book! :D

Drake

Jon is one sad and lonely man...

Bad furday

This terrifying Korean comic has been making the rounds.

The first link is a spoiler- ie: someone's cut each frame and added English translation to each frame. It makes you realise why so many people screamed/were freaked out. I'll admit- the moment the actual page (link to it below) started moving, this Wookiee fantically scrolled back up the page. A look at the screen caps will make you see why :p

Spoiler link:

http://captainawesoom.tumblr.com/post/9325531598/translation-of-that-one-korean-comic

And here's a link to the original:

http://io9.com/5834067/the-most-horrifying-thing-youll-see-all-day

or, with no fanfare at all:

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

You see now...why the Furry One's hair stood up on the back of his neck the moment that lady turned her head around? :p Not the least bit because I had no idea the page/image would start moving. :p

*huddles in a corner*

Radioactive Isotope

Creepy. Very creepy. I'm blaming you for my nightmares tonight.

Do you know what song that is?

Ana

ROFL. That was fun! :D I enjoyed that.

Bad furday

nope, don't know what song that was/is. When you wake up in fright, just blame me:P

Yeah...I watched it this morning when I wasn't alone...and in the dark. :p It was great! :D

Though I found some YouTube type vids of people being filmed watching/reading the comic, with a small version of the comic playing in the corner. Their reactions are priceless!

Little sis jumped when she saw it! :p

Edited by Bad furday

Ayingel

OMG THE REAL VERSION IS SCARIER THAN THAT OTHER ONE. WTF FURDAY.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pulled off my headphones.

Edited by Ayingel

Bad furday

Awwww...nightmares for Ayingel!

Ayingel

I did have nightmares, but not about that lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.