Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Stargate

Chickenman

I just watched an episode of SG-1.

And I hate myself.

Because apparently this is the final season.

And I didn't discover it sooner.

GOD DAMN IT!!!!

:p

Ayingel

download it ^^ or just watch atlantis...it's so much better

Drake

Untrue. I like SG1 slightly more...but only slightly. And I pwn all seasons except 7 and 9 of SG1 and season 2 of Atlantis...but I have them downloaded plus all of Atlantis season 3 since it aired half a year early up here in Canada.

And the Season 10 box art looks cool! No Vala though...weird...

And in next week's Atlantis episode "Sunday" ...one of the cast goes boom. Boom as in dead. :cry:

Ayingel

:p that's fine...robert has all of season three on his computer and we're getting more computer space for season four

TheUnknown

I have usually liked SG1 better, but the last couple of episodes have been disappointing. And I recently saw that episode of Atlantis with the whales. That was pretty good. I thought they were going to turn it into a zombie episode.

Ayingel

so did i...but that was a kick awesome one...you have to admit it :p wait until you get to the one where civ 4 comes to life

Chickenman

download it ^^ or just watch atlantis...it's so much better

I'd have to disagree. I've only seen a few episodes of each, but, while Atlantis is pretty cool, I like SG-1 better.

TheUnknown

Wow, both Sg1 and Atlantis were very good. Anyone else think Carson ascended?

Ayingel

i'd like to think so, but didn't they have his body for the funeral?

Ender

Carson's still alive, DAMMIT! He's floatin' round the base, eating haggis and drinking beer!

TheUnknown

Didn't think about it, but maybe it was a rouse to comfort his family. He had been burned alive, so maybe it was a closed casket funeral.

The reasons I think he ascended are the scene with him and McKay. It's very dreamy like O'Neil's last conversation with Daniel before Daniel ascended. Plus, there was a line in that conversation between McKay and Carson that goes something like "I'll see you around." Carson replies with something like "No, I don't think so." That is very similar to what Daniel said before he ascended.

Drake

I met him once. Got his autograph and a picture with him. He was so cool.

Ayingel

that did cross my mind there, but the other thought was about mckay not liking religion. but i'm not sure, really.

Drake

So Stargate SG-1 is officially over as a television series. Your thoughts on the final episode, Unending?

TheUnknown

It had some good elements: the montage set to "Have You Ever Seen the Rain," some emotion, etc. but I felt the exctinction of the Asgard should have been a separate episode, with the explosion as the climax, it would have made the line "You Are The Fifth Race" all the more powerful.

And they had better follow through with the movies to clear up the Ori and Baal storylines and show the Furlings.

Drake

Indeed. Well, they're planning two movies, Ark of Truth and Continuum for release next year and then one every year after that.

Ender

They did show the Furlings! Didn't you see 200? :D

TheUnknown

Come to think of it, the fake extinction of the Furlings is like the "real" extinction of the Asgard.

Drake

Continuum looks like it's going to be good. :D

I enjoyed The Ark of Truth. It was a great wrap-up to the Ori storyline. I knew that Tomin would defect and take the higher path. His struggles paralleled Teal'c's in the pilot episode, so it sort of felt like they were bringing that idea full circle. The replicators taking over Merrick was kinda strange, though. Mitchell was a trooper in fighting that thing.

I've caught up with Atlantis and I've got to say...I'm happy Carson's back! He's been cast for a few season 5 episodes already, meaning they manage to get him out of stasis soon. As soon as the second episode, actually!

Also...Ronin is a man-whore. Who is he going for? Teyla? Dr. Keller? But then we've got McKay's possible future being married to Keller. Hmm. The guy from Iron Chef America will be back again in a season 5 episode, as Ronin's Satidan friend-turned-Wraith worshipper, Tyre...and there's going to be a big sword fight...which is awesome because that guy is amazing at fighting (see Brotherhood of the Wolf). And Ronin cuts off all his dreads.

Ayingel

well, teyla is preggers with home-word-boy's baby (and he's a wraith now, isn't he?) and...ronin...no dreads? what shall we do without them? *sniffle* perhaps he's just staying single until weir comes back? ;)

btw...

Save Carson Beckett website...

Edited by Ayingel

Drake

Unfortunately, Torri Higginson (Weir) had a falling-out with the Stargate execs and left the show. I doubt she'll be coming back.

And Kenaan, the father of Teyla's child, is some kind of Wraith-human hybrid thing, probably enhanced with Michael's bug-monster genes.

And Carson doesn't really need to be saved. He's back now. :p

Mara

If I want to get into this franchise, where should I start watching?

Ender

Albeit he's one of Michael's clones. :p

Drake

The original movie with Kurt Russell and James Spader followed by season 1 of SG-1 and going from there. That would be the best way, in my opinion. You would have to forgive much of the cheezey acting, writing and set-design. They didn't have a lot of money at that point. The only problem is that you would have to commit to watching 10 seasons of SG-1 and 4-going-on-5 seasons of Atlantis. If you go this way, keep in mind that it gets better as the seasons go on and the show gets more money, better technology, and more fame.

The thing with Stargate is that it's almost like one giant over-arcing story. At least seasons 1-8 of SG-1 anyway. Many later episodes contain bits of information and sometimes characters or storylines established in previous episodes so having seen those episodes help in following along and enjoying the whole episode. Nowadays they have the whole "Last time on..." intros but having seen the shows in order is still the best way to go.

Later on, as you get to season 8 of SG-1, you run into the problem of having the first season of Atlantis running alongside it. There are a few episodes that crossover with eachother, as the shows would be aired back-to-back. So that could be confusing unless you flip-flopped, watching one ep of SG-1 and then an ep of Atl. :p

I'll take a look through the episodes in the later seasons to see if there would be any other good places to start off, maybe to just peak your interest in the series without forcing you into the first cheezey bits right away. ;)

Mara

Ooh, okay. I had thought SG-1 and Atlantis were completely separate, like incarnations of Star Trek.

This is much more confusing. :p

I started watching the movie a few years back, but got distracted and watched something else, haha.

No worries about the special effects and cheesiness. I'm a Star Wars fan. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.