Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

Stargate

Drake

This story from GateWorld quotes a SCI-FI rep saying that they won't allow any other TV station to pick it up in the USA and that they ended SG-1 because they thought it was it's time. Excuse me? It shouldn't be up to you. It should be the MGM's ultimate decision. SCI-FI is just the broadcaster...they don't make the show.

Well...they'll allow a TV movie and/or a mini-series to air so I guess it's not that bad.

Andy

This story from GateWorld quotes a SCI-FI rep saying that they won't allow any other TV station to pick it up in the USA and that they ended SG-1 because they thought it was it's time. Excuse me? It shouldn't be up to you. It should be the MGM's ultimate decision. SCI-FI is just the broadcaster...they don't make the show.

Our contract with MGM prohibits it.

It seems MGM should have closed a little loophole there. :???:

Drake

Exactly. Now it's come back to bite them in the ass.

Darth Nemesis

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/

You guys should go there it's informative about saving SG-1.

Robert Cooper and MGM both are looking for different ways to finish the story from what I've been reading lately.

Uncle Du

I love when producers go on the record and say thing's like, "We thought it was time to bring things to a close," or "This is just the end of this chapter, and we'll be looking for ways to continue the story." Who the ewok do they think they are?! Isn't this about all the fans they have now? I mean, what about what we think? This thing has become bigger than what anyone ever thought, and they want to just end it. ewokin assholes.

Good thing I came back to GB. I seem to be a bit outta touch, cause I hadn't even heard about this.

Edited by Du(SW)

Drake

So for the past couple of days I was at the Fan Expo in Toronto. It covered sci-fi, horror, comics, gaming, and anime. A slew of celebs were there such as Carrie Fisher, Mini-Me, Alice Cooper, Shatner and Nimoy. I got the honour to meet Paul McGillion aka Dr. Carson Beckett from Atlantis. I went to an Intimate and Interactive with him last night and got his autograph and a pic with him today. I'll have to scan it and put it up. He called me a cheeky bugger. :p

Uncle Du

Dude, that's so sweet, I want to see that pic!

Uncle Du

That's freakin awesome man.

<---Really Freakin Jealous!!

Uncle Du

Speaking of living on, have you heard?! April 6th baby, new episodes!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Ana

Rewatching Season 9 of SG-1... why the heck did they decide to name a character "Ka'lel"? That was just... lame.

Uncle Du

hehe. Kinda Superman-esque. :p

Thank goodness they decided to at least finish the series. Damn SciFi channel, toying with my emotions.

Edited by Du

Ana

Only kinda? :p

Uncle Du

OK, a whole bunch. ;)

You should have seen how mad me and the Wife got when we saw the "last episode". We both looked at eachother and said, "This is bullsith!!" :rofl:

Uncle Du

We're less than a week away from new episodes!!!

Uncle Du

Sheesh, doesn't anyone have anything to say about the new episode from last week? Or have you all stopped watching?! Better not have!!

Drake

I caught the episode Line in the Sand today at work. To my understanding, it airs tonight in the states. I saw it before j00! It was a good one.

Uncle Du

Bah, I'm still getting to watch my favorite show, despite what airtime you get!! ;)

I thought it was an alright episode, but it kinda seems like there's a little too much filler going on. I mean, we're down to 8 episodes, and I have a feeling that we're not going to get to an ending point in the war with the Ori. I think it's going to be taken up in the movie. I just wanna know what the deal with Daniel is. I'm wondering if he's still retaining all of Merlins knowledge, or if it really did go away.

Drake

He comes back as....A PRIOR!

Dun dun duuuuun...

Uncle Du

I know!!!! And I didn't watch it tonight, cause the Wifey is working tonight, and I told her I would wait!!! Aaaargh!!

Edited by Du

Ayingel

...is it bad that i watched all three seasons of atlantis in five days?...and became addicted after one episode?

Ana

No. It's good. I'm proud of you!:D

Drake

Good for you!

Uncle Du

Yes, another one joins the Club!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.