Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Marvel's Plan for Epic Win

Drake

For those who have seen Iron Man and stuck around until the post-credit scene...you'll know a little something about Samuel L. Jackson's character, Nick Fury, and the organization he runs known as S.H.I.E.L.D.

At the end of Iron Man, Fury told Tony Stark about the Avenger Initiative. This is where our adventure begins...

Marvel has been quite popular these past several years for their involvement in the epic film franchises like Spiderman, X-Men, and Fantastic Four.

The only problem with them was that they were all liscensed out to different film companies so future cross-over movies were made difficult.

This is why Marvel is now in direct control of their movies, financing and producing them on their own and only using other companies to distribute the films. Now that Marvel can control their own destiny, they have much more play in what cross-overs they can pull off.

Which leads back to Nick Fury and the Avengers.

Yes. There will be an Avengers movie. It's planned for 2011.

Tony Stark will be making an appearance in next month's The Incredible Hulk, presumably to recruit the Hulk to the Avengers. The Hulk could then, in turn, appear in Iron Man 2...which has just been announced.

Furthermore, Marvel is planning on releasing movies about Captain America and Thor, both main members of the Avengers along with Hulk and Iron Man.

Mah source!

On top of all that, Marvel is also coming out with two new movies called X-Men Origins. The first will be about Wolverine's troubled past, the beginnings of his feud with Sabretooth, and his time involved in Weapon-X. It will see Hugh Jackman reprise his role as Logan/Wolverine. Some other stars involved are Ryan Reynolds as the sarcastic psychopathic mutant mercenary Deadpool, and Dominic Monaghan.

Second will be a movie about Magneto and his history with Charles Xavier.

The next few years are going to be excellent.

Ayingel

i like the idea of a magneto/xavier movie...i loved the little bits they were showing in the second one...

Andy

URGH! I TOLD HIM we should stick around to see after the credits. BUT NO, my mate insisted that there wasn't going to be anything there.

:mad:

Oh, and I like how Nick Fury has done a reverse Michael Jackson. :p

Edited by Andy

Drake

Yeah. I lol'd.

1209804032366.jpg

Andy

What unhappened to his eye?

Drake

That's a picture from another of his movies. Not from Iron Man, lol.

Ayingel

so...that picture...is it just luck that he and sam look alike or was that on purpose?

Andy

They modelled the character on Sam Jackson, lol.

Drake

Yeah, in one of the newest comic lines, Ultimate X-Men, they modelled the character after him, knowing that he would be in the film(s).

Andy

Or did they do it so they could pursuade him to play the part? lol :p

Casting peoples: "Aww come on he looks just like you!" *holds up picture of Ultimate Nick Fury*

Samuel Jackson: "That's one handsome mo'fo... Damn, now I have to take the part."

Ayingel

you forgot the bad ass...

Drake

Or did they do it so they could pursuade him to play the part? lol :p

Casting peoples: "Aww come on he looks just like you!" *holds up picture of Ultimate Nick Fury*

Samuel Jackson: "That's one handsome mo'fo... Damn, now I have to take the part."

Are you kidding? Sam Jackson is in EVERYTHING. I don't think persuading him to do a superhero movie, in which he plays one of the most badass Marvel characters, was hard. :p

Rogue

Okay, so I was surfing IMDB and I found a list of curious movies with rather curious titles that really make me wonder!

Silver Surfer (2009)

Nick Fury (2010)

A daring amateur boxer from Hells Kitchen is recruited by the Army for some top-secret assignments. He soon is promoted to captain, where he puts together the First Attack Squad, a group of elite soldiers who carry out elite missions

Ant-Man (2010)???? Say what?

Thor (2010)

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of...

Plot:Partially disabled medical student Dr. Donald Blake discovers his heretofore unknown alter ego, the Norse warrior, Thor.

The First Avenger: Captain America. (2011)

After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America's ideals.

Spider Man 4 (2011)

Plot line--Uncertain. Casting? Only Tobey and Kirsten signed up so far. Wonder why.

Avengers (2011)

When Captain America is awakened from an icey prison, and some of the greatest evils earth has seen are born, the Avengers go into action. Captain America, Iron-Man, Hulk, Wasp, Ant-Man and Thor. Will they be able to stop the likes of Loki and the Masters of Evil?

Drake

I trust Marvel on all of them except Spiderman 4. The first three were given over to another production company. If they bring it back in-house, there's hope.

If anyone picks up The Incredible Hulk DVD, check out the deleted scenes. There's an extended cut to one scene where the General is talking to Blonski about how the Hulk came to be. He goes into more detail about a special project in WW2 and how it worked on only one test subject. He never actually says Cap's name but it's strongly implied.

I especially like the quote:

Ross: Things got complicated. We had to shut him down.

Blonski: Sir?

Ross: We had to shut the project down.

Rogue

Sadly, Spider Man was bought by Sony again :p

So once again it has no hope. *mourns*

Drake

FAILURE

Mara

I had heard about the Captain America one awhile back.

My sister is super stoked about it. :p

TheUnknown

I want another X-Men movie and I want to see the Pheonix better realized. Simply giving Famke Jansen red hair sucked. I want to see the fiery bird.

Andy

Well, I think that's going to be a case of bad luck. lol

Rogue

Yeah...that just...isn't going to happen. Sorry buddy.

TheUnknown

Why do you say that? Apparently, they did cheat and everything is not as final as it seems: the depowering of Magneto, the deaths of Xavier and Jean, etc.

Drake

Nobody ever really dies in Marvel.

Drake

Oh thank God. Last I heard, he was refusing to do any more films. It just wouldn't have been the same if he wasn't in them. Especially considering they completely redesigned Nick Fury to look like him.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.