Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day One: Introductions

Drake

Kurt gave a half-smile and a shrug.

"We should probably get back to class now," said Hailey. "Talk to you two later!"

She grabbed Kurt by the arm and steered him away. Once out of ear-shot, she said to him, "That could have went better. You should watch where you port next time."

"I did! That kid just popped up out of nowhere!" Kurt exclaimed.

"Okay, well, I'll see you at lunch."

They both split up, heading off to their respective classes.

Marcus sighed and shrugged. "Sadly, yes. But I have lunch to look forward to. See you then?"

Rogue

"Absolutely! Save me a seat outside, will ya?" She smiled at him, trying to ignore the ringing in her ears. "See you later Mark."

Mara

[Moving a bit ahead, if it's okay?]

August began to relax during her next couple of classes. Getting into the groove of school again must have stopped the tingling sensations. Either that or she was just not noticing them. Her classes weren't getting any more interesting but she found that she could pay attention a bit more, forgetting about her awkward morning. After World literature, she had had Trig. with Mrs. Doran before she ended up in American history.

She thought it would be going okay until Bridget decided to pair up with her for the first project of the year, due in a month. August had just smiled when the girl had sat down by her. It would be only for one class, anyway.

However, she was still grateful when the bell rang to go to the last class right before lunch hour. August quickly said something to Bridget before making her way out and up a floor to her ecology class with Mr Bateman. She thought this would be her most interesting class this semester. Yeah, her mother was always holding functions for random animals no one had heard of, but August knew the environment was important. Either way, it would be better than trigonometry.

Joseph whistled to himself as he walked to his fourth period class: Calc. Math wasn't always his favorite subject, but he did well enough in it if he applied himself and studied. Which he would probably need a lot of for this one. Not quite as easy as his previous two classes, civics and his sculpture class with Miss Evans.

As always, he seated himself in a front-row seat and hoped that the teacher would be interesting. It wouldn't be easy keeping 20 teens' attention for 40 minutes, right before lunch. He pulled out his notebook and waited for Mrs. Todd to enter and start the class.

Ayingel

Gertie was waiting for Brad outside of his locker when he made his way back. "So what was that about?" As he gave his answer, she didn't even pay attention. One of the soccer players was passing by and she twirled her blonde hair while winking at him. Brad hadn't even finished when she dismissed herself. "See you tonight!"

Lila stared at the paper Hailey had given her. I should at least check it out...Get to know what exactly I'm up against. She shoved the paper into her pocket as she headed off to her next class. To her dismay, Kurt was already seated in the room.

Rogue

[Time skip...and not the Naruto kind]

By the time the bell rang for lunch, Natalie already had a stack of books to haul to her locker. She sighed, thinking of the poor people who wrote them, and the poor trees that died just to create a book that would probably never leave her locker. She grabbed her bag lunch, heading off for the quad. She ran into some friends along the way.

Andy

Stopping on his way to the cafeteria, Danny shoved a pile of books into his locker. He shut the door and turned to face Chase who was standing behind him. "You know you can't sneak up on me, bro."

"I wasn't trying to," Chase replied. "Listen, you fancy going sight-seeing later after school?"

"What are you on about?"

Chase showed him a piece of paper with the address of a place called 'Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters'. "There are people like us there," he said.

"What," Danny grinned, "British?"

"Very funny. There's this one kid who..." Chase looked around to make sure nobody was within earshot, then whispered, "can teleport."

"Okay, so it's a school for a bunch of freaks," Danny said matter-of-factly.

Chase sighed, "Dan, you're not taking this seriously."

"And you're taking it too seriously," snapped Danny, "you can be somewhere without people noticing you: so what? Just go join MI6; you'd make a great James Bond."

"Fine, I'll go on my own," Chase left Danny and went to sit outside and get some fresh air. Arguing with his twin was not something he enjoyed, and he didn't want this disagreement to spin out of control.

Edited by Andy

Rogue

Natalie was halfway to the cafeteria when she saw one of the British twins from before standing at his locker. She decided that now would be a good time to be friendly. She knew that the new school in a different country thing had to be rough. And too many of the students in Greendale High were too busy thinking about their own worlds to be any sort of welcoming. She walked over, leaning against the locker beside his. "Hey, Danny right? How's the first day of school going for you so far?"

Andy

Danny paused trying to remember the name, "Hey Natalie," he said, continuing after there was no complaint of an incorrect name. "Yeah it's not going too bad, thanks. The school's okay, but I think most people only want to talk to me for my accent though, otherwise they are uninterested. How are you doing?"

Edited by Andy

Rogue

"You've been spending too much time around the cheerleaders." Natalie smiled knowingly. "The accent is cool and all, but it's just an accent.

Andy

"That's probably what it is," Danny admitted. "Do you want to, err, get some lunch? Umm, that prolly sounds a bit forward; I didn't mean it like that it's just I don't really know anyone else, and you're one of very few people who've been that welcoming so far."

Edited by Andy

Vergere

Kelly walked up silently behind Brett Radcliffe. "Still avoiding talking to people?"

He turned and glared darkly at her. "I don't avoid people. I just think most of the people here are stupid." He paused, then shrugged. "But you already know my views on that."

She sighs and shakes her head. "Brett... it's the first day of classes. Can't you try to be a bit more social this year? I mean, it's the last year of high school. At least try to enjoy it a little bit?"

He just looked at her. "In a year I'll never see any of you again, nor would I want to."

Kelly bit her tounge to keep it in check. "Alright then. Well, if you want to join some of us for lunch or something, you're welcome to it." She smiled at him easily and turned away, knowing he was probably glaring at her back the entire time. She headed to her locker, which is close to Danny's, to get her lunch.

Seeing a new guy at his locker talking to Natalie, she smiled and waved at them as she walked past to her own locker. "Hey there... new here, mate? Hey Natalie." She actually has a faint Australian accent that had been replaced by time with the Southern California and American accents.

Andy

"Hi there," Danny said, greeting the newcomer with a hybrid accent, "I'm guessing you've been over here a lot longer than I have."

Rogue

"Hey Kelley." Natalie smiled at her older friend. Answering Danny's earlier question she said, "I was just about to go meet Marcus in the Quad. You can both join if you like."

Mara

After August deposited her books in her locker, she ended up in the cafeteria with Bridget, Tawny, Tara and Sara, before she could even think about eating. Luckily, she had locked up before she was whisked away. She ate mostly in silence, while the others chattered about their summer, continuing where they left off at the rally.

As a senior, he could have left campus to grab lunch, but it would take too much time to get to the bus and get back before fifth period, so Joseph always brought a sack lunch to eat in the cafeteria. At his locker, he switched out his backpack for his brown bag, stopping to wave to friends on the way.

Andy

"Sounds like a plan," Danny replied.

Rogue

Natalie smiled, leading them out to the quad, where she began to look for Marcus.

Vergere

To Danny as they walked. "Yeah. Moved here about ten years ago, but my parents never really lost their accent, yanno? So I can't get away from it." She grins, "You having fun here yet?"

Mara

Suddenly August's heard jerked when she heard her name. "Yeah?"

Bridget giggled. "I said, your birthday is next month. There's gonna be a massive awesome party, right?"

"Oh." She had almost forgotten. Time flew too fast. "Well, I'll have to ask my mom. But knowing her, there will be."

"Great!" Bridget turned to the others. "More than enough time for us all to find dates for the party." They all giggled together.

Once in the cafeteria, Joseph looked around for someone to sit with. He found someone and jogged over to her table. "Cat! Where you have been hiding today?" He grinned and sat down across from the girl.

Edited by Mara

Vergere

Catalina looked up quickly at the voice, then detensed and smiled. "Hola Joseph." She shrugged shyly, "Just going to class and avoiding attention."

Drake

Marcus was sitting at a table outside, just starting to eat his lunch, when he spotted Natalie, one of the British guys, and a girl he recognized but couldn't recall her name. He waved to them until he caught Nat's attention.

Andy

"Not really," Danny answered as they stepped outside, "it's okay but I don't know many people here yet. I suppose it'll get better though."

Edited by Andy

Mara

He opened up his paper bag and drew out a sandwich. "Now why would someone like ever want to do that?" He smiled.

Joseph took a bite of his sandwich. "Good classes this year?"

Vergere

"You've been dealing with the cheerleaders." Kelly nodded knowingly. "You should hang out with us surfers. We're the cool ones here." She winked and it was obvious she was teasing and having a good time.

"Decent classes. Somehow I made it into Honors English..." She wrinkled her nose. "Explain that one to me."

Mara

"Don't be so hard on yourself. I remember that poem you wrote in freshmen comp. It was beautiful."

Joseph polished off his sandwich and took out a JELL-O cup. "I made it in Ralston's physics class." He grinned.

Vergere

"Oh yeah!" She gave him a high five. "Congrats, Joseph!" She spoke with a thick Mexican accent. "That must be amazing for you."