Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Xmen RPG Character and Information Thread!

Vergere

I suppose the teachers count as adults... they're over 18. :p

19 is not what I consider 'adult'. And they're still teens, as I said, so I need to counter the teen-liness of it all. And what are you arguing for?

Edit: And can mutants teach at a regular high school?

Mara

I suppose the teachers count as adults... they're over 18. :p

19 is not what I consider 'adult'. And they're still teens, as I said, so I need to counter the teen-liness of it all. And what are you arguing for?

Edit: And can mutants teach at a regular high school?

I wasn't arguing, lol.... just pointing it out.

I did think that the ages were a bit young for teachers, myself, actually.

Vergere

Eh, as teachers for mutants, not really. But seeing as how high school teachers, even fresh from school are in their early 20s (and how I want to teach :'() might as well play an older character. Older meaning only along the lines of late 20s early 30s. Not old, but not teen. :) Once I figure out powers and such.

Mara

Perhaps...

Yay, I get to RP with Vergy again! :D

Drake

They won't so much be teachers like in a high school but they'll teach the younger mutants how to control their powers and to work as a team. I think the "veteran" X-Men teachers have plenty of experience with that. However, I also wouldn't be against aging them a couple years.

In the cartoon this is based off of, there were many adult characters. Prof X, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Mystique, Nick Fury, etc. The latter being a non-mutant in charge of Project S.H.I.E.L.D.. There are also several heroes, in Marvel, who don't have powers but utilize technology. For example, Iron Man, Guardian, Vindicator, Batman (oh wait...DC, lol). They have many non-mutant allies as well.

Personally, I don't see a problem with making adult characters. Hell, Rogue's playing Mystique and she's who-knows-how-old. Up to her, though, since she's running the show.

Edited by Drake

Rogue

Adult characters are fine. It's just going to make reacting with everyone more difficult.

And I'm trying to get my friend to come play as Emma Frost, which would be fun ^^

Also, I'm going to post your profiles up, and modify them to match the formatting of the rest. Thanks for making it difficult Mara. :p :shifty:

Drake

The Marvel profile for Emma Frost has a flattering picture of her. :hehe:

Rogue

Okay Mara, I edited most of your profiles. The idea here is to give a brief blurt on your character and let them be discovered and explored in the RP :p

Also, you don't pay for public schooling, so edited that part out. And I didn't name the town they're in yet, so I don't understand the LA or Newport references. Also, please ask before you pretty much map out the entire area. Nobody said they were directly on the beach :p

Vergere

Adult characters are fine. It's just going to make reacting with everyone more difficult.

Good point. :|

Bleh.

Mara

I hope you saved those, though. I would like those entire profiles for future reference.

And I only put in the spaces because it was easier to read.

Edited by Mara

Drake

It looks like the original profiles are still in the post you put them in. :p

Rogue

Yup, they're still there. And I'm still thrown by the town references. :p

Mara

Yes, I realized that a couple hours later.

And I'm sorry for snapping at you. Many apologizes. For that and for jumping the gun. I had planned on waiting to post those up until Rogue had looked at them. I suppose I was just excited to get going.

However, despite all the faux pas, I still think it's common courtesy to ask before you go and change the integrity of a player's character(s).

And as for any liberties I have taken, I am sorry, again. But there was nothing stated about a location or type of high school, so I just went with something. (And there is a character who is a surfer, so beach just seemed logical). Nor about how expansive a profile can be.

Ayingel

well, cali is mentioned twice and i thought somewhere in there bayville was mentioned...

Rogue

Bayville is where the other Xavier Institute is located. And yes, the new one is going to be in Cali. However we're making up a town for it to take place. I didn't mean to snap either, but I'm running this RP, and having someone else decide where it's going to take place is kind of annoying. So, let's compromise.

The beach thing flies. The town will be named Greendale.

Andy

Hehe, Greendale... It's like Postman Pat. :p

Ayingel

okay lol...i kept catching glimpses of the word "bayville" and always kept going back to find it

Mara

Bayville is where the other Xavier Institute is located. And yes, the new one is going to be in Cali. However we're making up a town for it to take place. I didn't mean to snap either, but I'm running this RP, and having someone else decide where it's going to take place is kind of annoying. So, let's compromise.

The beach thing flies. The town will be named Greendale.

I realize, but since the plot was vague.. I just went with Orange County 'cause that's what I'm most familiar with.

Again, I'm sorry.

And I just assumed it would be a fairly well-to-do high school, for it to make sense that kids from around the country and world would be going to it.. They would need some sort of cover story right? (Not saying that public schools are worse than private, private ones just generally have more status... in my opinion).

But I think Joseph's whole bio would still work, since there are other things to save for for school, than tuition. :p

I can edit August's around a big, and make Newport into Greendale.

Also.. I really don't see how having a "long" bio would ruin any secrecy. It's not as if the characters are reading these profiles. :roll:

And if the idea was to be brief or to follow a "form," that could also have been mentioned. Just saying. *shrug*

Just my 2 cents, or 10. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Mara

Rogue

Nope, just a normal High School. Save the people imported to the Institute it should be locals.

And yes, it was the form thing. Consistancy is one of my big OCD's.

RPG will be starting shortly. We'll be assuming that it's the first day of HS after the long summer vacation. In California that would make it what...August? :p

Mara

All right. I suppose it'll add intrigue for the locals to wonder about the foreign people. :p

I'll make sure I keep it the same, when I add things to the profiles. No worries. Now that I know there is a certain form.

I dunno... but don't most schools start in August? lol.

Rogue

September for us 'Yankees'

Mara

In my area, the schools start in either, lol.

But I think are lot are transitioning to after Labor Day.

But honestly.. I don't think it matters much if it's late Aug. or early Sept... the weather is the same. :p

Okay, fixeded my profiles... changed Newport to "upper class Greendale." :p

And for the paying and saving for school, I put Joseph's family in a town over, to make more sense. 'Cause, I know in my area, you have to pay for public school if you live out of district.

Edited by Mara

Ayingel

okay just a quick question (and i or one of you can edit it in my post...) but what exactly is the name of the regular high school? is it california academy or is that the school set up for the mutants?

...i just put it in there as Greendale High only because i'm a little confused >.>

and do we have any school colours picked out? blue and gold perhaps? just thinking...

Rogue

Pick out whatever you think looks good. I know Bayville was red and white.

And Greendale High is perfect

Ayingel

and also...what would be a good mascot? need to figure out something before i post for gertie ^_^