Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

The Andromeda Strain

Mara

I thought I had posted about this already on here, but I guess that was somewhere else...

Anyway, I am totally psyched up for this!!

It looks so sweeeet... (especially the part I captioned at work).

And there's finally a date for it, sort of.

A&E's page... it plays a trailer.

I never saw the original movie from the '70s, but I have read the book.

Edited by Mara

Drake

Looks good. :D

Mara

There's a part where a guy cuts his head off with a chainsaw.. and THEY SHOW IT!

It's soo awesome! :D

Andy

What does A&E stand for?

Apart from being a type of hospital (Accident & Emergency)? lol

Ender

Arts and Entertainment, I think.

Ana

Ah... the art of cutting your head off with a chainsaw.

Mara

Arts and Entertainment, I think.

Yeah.

Mara

They now say when it's premiering!

May 26 -- Memorial Day!

One month away! Wee!

Edited by Mara

Mara

Dude, part one ROCKED.

Drake

I downloaded it and finally got around to watching it tonight with my dad who was a fan of the original film.

We both enjoyed it although the ending was kinda silly. The way the two researchers died was dumb and rushed and what the heck was all that crap raining down in the maintenance shaft? And how did the gov't get a sample of Andromeda when they would have no doubt destroyed everything that was left in the lab, especially since the one woman told Stone she was blackmailed.

We also didn't understand the random symbol encoded in the message. Sure it was on the container in the space station but what's the point?

Anyway, the first part was great, as was the first half of the second part. The last bit felt rushed, even though they were working against the clock.

Once they started talking about the nano-container thing in the first part, I told my dad that it was probably from Earth in the future and not aliens since the construct was man-made but only theoretical at the time. Turns out I was right. :D

Mara

Hahaha....

I agree that the ending was a bit... off, as well. Felt to me like they had to quick end it all.

In the maintenance shaft... I just assumed it was bits and pieces from the station in a prelim. explosion? I dunno. The whole place seemed to be falling apart before the key was inserted.

I'd have to rewatch it, but I think the government got a sample sometime when Charlene was saving a sample and was attacking her. Or from those two guys (forget their names) who were murdered in the car?

*shrug*

Maybe we're not supposed to understand the random symbol, lol.

I thought I had seen it earlier on, but I forget where.

Drake

I had guessed that the symbol might have been from those protestors that hijacked the mining platform and they were the ones who sent the message from the future but now I'm not so sure with it being on the container.

It could also be explained if they happen to make it into a series. I can't seem to think of much that they could do, though.

Mara

Yeah...

It's just probably one of those ambiguous endings that some films have to keep you thinking.

I think it should be just left alone. A series or even a sequel would just be overkill.

On another note... I really liked the musical score it had.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.