Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Random News Snippets

TheUnknown

I almost feel sorry for the poor idiots who get convicted of this? I'm sure that's a macho thing to tell your cellmate

GI_Admiral

"What you in for?"

"Oh, I killed a guy, snapped his skull with my bare hands"

"That's nothing, I poked a guy and impaled him"

"Uh....I just stole a few thousand Sponge Bob Square Pants watches...."

:p

Princess

There was one here in Michigan where they took it from Burger King and put it in front of McDonalds

Radioactive Isotope

:rofl: nice!

Tsl

Lol, and to think I actually did 4 years of college. What a waste of time! :p

TheUnknown

Let's see, five years for my BA and BS. Two more for me MA. Another year for my JD. And two more years for a Ph.D.

Maybe, I should just buy a diploma, too. While I'm at it, I oughta get my dog one also. :p

Princess

Well screw med school! :p

Alexander

Banned from Showing Students the Declaration of Independence

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

This is a partial transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," Nov. 29, 2004, that has been edited for clarity.

Story.

ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: "A teacher is being banned by his school from showing students historical documents that make any reference to God, including the Declaration of Independence (search). The teacher is now suing the school for discrimination, claiming he's been singled out because he is a Christian. The school district released the following statement in response:

'The district believes that well-established constitutional principles relating to the separation of church and state must prevail. The district has not violated the constitutional rights of Mr. Williams or any other person. The district denies the allegations in the complaint and has referred the case to its attorneys.'"

PC assholes have gone too far.

GI_Admiral

Dude...

Ender

The whole banning God from schools is ridiculous. I read a paper the other day about two girls who were caught carrying Bibles in school, who were subsequently taken to the principal's office, where the teacher threw the Bibles in the trash can, screaming, "This is trash!"

My school is so PC that I'm considering taking a Bible to school, just to see what happens. If they threaten to suspend me, my dad and I will intimidate the hell out of my principal. I really think that he's afraid of my dad...

Edited by Ender

TheUnknown

Like I've said before, there are some who take it way to far as to completely ban Christianity (or all religion). Then there are others who blatantly favor Christianity. Someone needs to find that happy medium.

Tsl

You are allowed to bring a Bible... I did on occaision in HS for my own reading.

I'll bet those gals where going around harrassing other students and trying to convert everybody. Otherwise nobody would have noticed.

I'll also bet the screaming fit of the Principal is a bit of fiction told by those girls as well, lol. It just sounds like too much.

Chickenman

Any form of government should not be banned from school, but it shouldn't exactly be a huge part of education either. Unless it's a private school.

Andy

Ehh? Government? Weren't we talking about religion? :p

Alexander

In Soviet Russia, religion IS government.

Chickenman

Damn, I thought I said religeon.

But we should ban government too. :D

Radioactive Isotope

agreed. we might actually get something accomplished that way. :p

GI_Admiral

Methinks JM and the Mormon Church have planned a coup :p

Bad furday

In Soviet Russia, religion IS government.

Yeah CCCP! :D

*looks around suspiciously* What? :lol:

*goes off to read Pravda* :D

GI_Admiral

Yes...join the brotherhood furday!!!!

Radioactive Isotope

Methinks JM and the Mormon Church have planned a coup :p

not us. no...sweet, innocent Mormons would never do anything like that. hehe....*shifty eyes*

Princess

I dunno, the Mormons got all that money thanks to Ken Jenning's Jeopardy spree...

TheUnknown

Sure, sure, JM. Your just letting the Southern Baptist do you duty work for you, only to overthrow them at the right moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.