Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Rogue

"Damnit Aston Kendall! Everything is you're fault!" Layla said jokingly.

Andy

Aston feigned a look of hurt, "Uh huh."

Princess

Nima cursed as she realized that she'd overslept. She slipped into her flightsuit and headed on down to the cafeteria. Amazingly, while they were on their mission, HQ had managed to find them a new cook. The food looked better and Nima piled her plate high. She found her way over to the table where her squadmates were sitting. "Hey guys, what's going on?"

Chickenman

Aeric and Nat were going over the mission, datapads littered all over the desk when Aeric heard the knock.

"Come in," he called.

Ayingel

Szen opened the door.

"Sir."

She straightened up and saluted.

"I have a few questions for you."

Chickenman

Aeric rose, saluted, and sat back down, returning to his notes.

"What's on your mind, Flight Officer?"

Mara

Kaden continued to remain silent as everyone else bantered with each other. His plate was empty, and he again considered going for more food, but instead stayed at the table, just listening and noticing how well some of his squad mates got along with each other.

Just like it was with Tash and the rest of the Eagles...

Ayingel

"Sir, I was told hat upon arriving here there would be a few training exercises. I was wondering what was happening with those. And I was also curious as to where my things are. I can't fly without a place to first get my bearings. Also, my astromech won't be arriving until tomorrow."

Edited by Ayingel

Drake

Tak had finished off his plate of food and was starting on Szen's leftovers when Nima walked over. He waved to her and said, "Hey yourself! We were just getting to know Sena here. She's our new mechanic and sister of Layla. Our new pilot was here too. Szen. She just left, actually."

He went back to eating breakfast with a grin. "Thank you high metabolism."

Rogue

"I'm begining to think it's higher than mine." Layla mused. "Where exactly did you put all that anyway?"

Ender

"Man must have a second stomach, like a nerf," Jaim said, returning with his second cup of caf. "This stuff is definitely better than it used to be."

Princess

Nima smirked. "Actually, I saw in his medical file that he has a hollow leg. If he doesn't fill it with food, he'll collapse."

Rogue

"Probably because they're using beans now instead of the normal sludge." Layla suggested.

Princess

Nima cradled her steaming cup of caf in her hands like it was a holy object. "I used to think that there used to be no such thing as undrinkable caf. I almost changed my mind with that last cook." She took a sip. "Ok, this new cook deserves a raise."

Drake

"Mmm...rehydrated artificial caf byproduct sludge," said Tak. "How I miss thee!"

He looked around at the mix of glares, grimaces and grossed-out expressions. "Kidding!"

Rubezsia

Sena finished her food. "I'm gonna go get some caf." she said getting up and walking away from the table.

Chickenman

Aeric nodded. "There will be some training exercises in the near future. Unfortunately, things have come up, and we might not get the chance for a while.

Or ever. "As for your stuff..." he shuffled through the pile of datapads, "Here we are. Yes, you'll be rooming with Atuarre. She'll be moving out of her current room assignment to your room sometime today." He gave her the location of the room. "Is there anything else?"

Rubezsia

Sena came back with a cup of caf and started drinking it. "So what do you guys do around here for fun?"

Mara

Artie tootled a long series of notes. Kaden glared at his droid.

He cleared his throat and then spoke up. "Well, I think we all do different things for fun. In my spare time, I usually run sims. Artie here," he motioned to the astromech, "likes to play holoboard games with himself or the other droids here."

Edited by Mara

Rogue

"Artie, I want a rematch for the dejarik game last night." Layla told the droid with a wink. "This time, I'm not going to lose."

The droid had won with a cheap sneak attack, his rancor devouring her last katarn.

Edited by Rogue

Mara

Artie shot back at her with a confident beep. He knew he was good.

Kaden rolled his eyes.

Rubezsia

Sena finished her caf and put it on the table. "How boring." she sighed "What does everyone else do?"

Edited by Rubezsia

Mara

Kaden raised his eyebrow, not saying anything. He wasn't sure what to think of this girl yet but right now, he wasn't thinking very good things of her. She was young, yes, but Kaden couldn't help thinking that she seem spoiled, although he was sure she and her sister had had a hard left.

The girl was an enigma, for sure.

Rogue

Layla sent Sena a look. Sure, the girl wasn't very trusting...she understood that after everthing that had happened. Layla could relate. She wasn't very trusting with aspects of her life...particularly the aspects that surrounded Tyrena, Corellia. She kept things close to prevent anyone from harming those close to her but...she didn't push people away.

And when she did they usually ended up boomeranging back at her. Tak was proof of that. Right now he's probably wishing I'd let the bounty hunters catch Sena....

"Sena, we're not here for our amusement. We're all here to work, stick it to the Empire, and make the galaxy a safer place for everyone. You of all people should know that."

Rubezsia

"Yeah But what about when we're not working? You have to do something in your spare time right?" Sena asked Layla more confused than ever. Layla's always been the fun seeking type... what's happened to her since she's been here...?