Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Chapter 2: Forges of Ithyari

Mara

Layla and Tak's loud repartee woke Kaden from his musings. He glanced at his own meal, thinking to offer her one of his sausages, but noticed that his plate was just about cleaned off. So he just shrugged to himself and finished the tidbits he had, letting them fight it out.

Drake

He gave an over-exasperated sigh and dropped the sausage back onto Layla's plate. "Alright, you convinced me." He pointed his fork at her. "I'll take payment in the near future, kiddo."

Ayingel

Szen piped up a little louder this time.

"Did something happen?"

Rogue

"Is that a promise?" She asked slyly, sending a wink in his direction.

Drake

Tak returned the wink and said, "You bet your sweet a...huh?" He looked at Szen next to him. "Oh, with the Cap'n? I'm not sure. He acts strangely like that sometimes. We've gotten used to it."

Ayingel

"Guess I'll just have to grin and bear it then, won't I?"

Szen picked at her food a little, pushing it around more than anything.

Rogue

"Yeah. You'll learn to like him though, hun." Layla told her, digging into her food. "He's just a bit distracted today..."

Edited by Rogue

Ayingel

Szen shrugged a little.

"Anyone want the rest of this?"

She offered her plate to the table.

Mara

Kaden briefly considering, looking at his empty tray but decided against it. Even he had his limits.

"Uh, no thanks. I've had two helpings already." He shrugged and finished off his juice.

Andy

Aston wanders into breakfast late, looking half asleep, and grabs a large strong caf, and a small tray of breakfast that seems minuscule next to Tak's already half-gone gargantuan helping. He takes a seat near his squadmates.

"I hate mornings..."

Drake

Tak waved to Aston with one hand while shovelling in another mouthful with the other. "Me thoo! Buh da footh's good!"

He eyed Szen's plate. "Hmm...."

Ayingel

Szen handed her plate to Tak.

"Enjoy."

Rogue

"Got enough caf there Aston?" Layla asked, winking at the younger man. "Well at least it's an exciting morning."

Ayingel

"Would any of you know where my things have been taken?"

Andy

"It's an exciting morning?" Aston looked at Layla incredulously.

Rogue

She sighed. "Aston...you're probably too asleep to notice...but this is Szen, she's going to fill the spot Jareth and Atzena left open."

That hung in the air for a second. "And this is my sister, Sena, our new mechanic."

Edited by Rogue

Drake

"Probably to your room," Tak said to Szen. "Don't ask me where that is. Probably best to ask the Captain."

He turned his attention back to Layla. "If she's your sister then why is she not all pink and...hormoney? Half-sister? Adopted?"

Andy

"Oh... hello, Szen." Aston looked from one newcomer to the other, "hi Sena, good to meet you both. I'm Aston. I'm nicer when I've woken up, I promise."

Aston looks back at his caf, and takes a sip.

Ayingel

Szen suddenly felt a little awkward, the full reason of her reassignment hitting her like a wall of ice.

"Is that why the Captain-oh. I'm--I'm sorry."

She looked down at her hands as an informal sign of respect.

Szen quietly acknowledged Aston.

"Takeshi, I'm not quite sure where the Captain is either. Could someone show me where his office is?"

Rogue

"Hormoney? Better watch your step Beskar or you may not get that payment." Layla stuck her tongue out at Tak, childishly. "And Sena and I...I guess you could say she was adopted into the family. Isn't that right Sena?"

"Right." She frowned deeply for a moment. "Don't worry, I know what you mean." she said to Aston with a smirk.

"Szen...don't worry about it. People die...and people have to take their spots. We're in war..." Layla told her.

Edited by Rogue

Drake

"Okay hold up!" Tak said and threw his hands up into the air. "I'm the focus of two conversations here and it's too early for my awakening brain to handle right now. First..." he pointed to Layla. "Don't stick your tongue out at me unless you intend to use it...and adopted. Right on." He gave them a thumbs up.

He turned again to Szen. "Sorry for the interruption. It's usually like this around here. To get to Tunon's office, hang a right out of here. Go to the end of the hall and go left. Pass two corridors crossing your path. His office is the third on the left. Need any more help...just snag a protocol droid. They wander around usually."

With that out of the way, he continued his meal.

Edited by Drake

Ayingel

"I think I can remember that."

She stood up from the table, straightened her uniform again and nodded to the table.

"Pleasure meeting everyone."

With that, she left the table and made her way towards the Captain's office. A right and two lefts later, she reached his door. She knocked.

Radioactive Isotope

Atuarre gave an amused growl at Takeshi and Layla. "Honestly you two. Stop scaring the new people." She finished the rest of her meal in one gulp. "Don't mind them, ladies. They're pretty much always like this," she said with a wink and waved to Szen as she left.

Edited by Pirate King

Rogue

"Atuarre, I'm hurt that you think I have a hand in scaring away the new pilot." She held a hand over her heart, a pained expression coming over her features. "We both know that was all Tak's doing."

Andy

"Well, you can't blame me... that's for sure."