Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

The RPG Ideas Thread

Mara

Here is the current story idea. any suggestions or comments before we make it final?

Deception at Drunkenwell: An Old Republic RP:

It is the tail end of the height of the Republic. In 220 years Anakin will be born and the Sith will reveal themselves to the Jedi once again. But now they still live in hiding, trying to weave subtle destruction and deception.

The galaxy lives in relative peace. Relative, because crime lords, mercenaries and the like are always trying to take over systems. None of this is serious, however.

The Jedi and the Jedi Council still wield prominence in the Republic and its affairs. Chancellor Valorum (the ancestor of Tanis) has control of the Republic.

From all appearances, everything is perfect and running smoothly. The biggest things to hit the Senate recently only were a minor miners labor revolt and sewage problems on Ragamar.

Background:

On the planet of Drunkwell in the Outer Rim, a pawn of Darth Vengeas , a conniving Bothan named Retly Ty?ley, had been working his web ever deeper into the confines of the Drunkenwell Commonwealth President. President Bherg Poil, a human originally from Chandrila, managed all the various immigrant species and colonists that have settled on Drunkenwell. Poil had been in control for many years now and took his job very seriously.

The problem comes in with the Commonwealth council, made up of members of all the various species settled on the planet, including Ty?ley the Bothans representative. The Wookiee representative Yuttiskurwyckykk, Yutti for short, set in with Ty?ley and his plan for domination. The only reason Yutti took in with Ty?ley is because the Bothan promised the Wookiee he could be his right hand Wookiee when the Bothan took power over Poil.

The main conflict between Poil and Ty?ley and his sympathizers was the opening of the new Drunkenwell Manufacturing Facility (DMF). Poil came up with the idea and made a bill to send to the Commonwealth Council to vote on.

The thought behind this facility mainly hinged on the idea that it was about time for the colony planet to become at least partly self-sufficient instead of relying on other planets for imports. Poil also hoped to possibly capitalize on Drunkenwell?s rare plant species, the rhubia fern. The rhubia fern was processed for use in a highly sought after tea and Poil hoped to bring in some income for the planet for use in renovations from the exports of the rhubia tea product.

But Ty?ley and his supporters did not like the idea of Drunkenwell only manufacturing and producing the raw tea product. The Bothan wanted to also be the distributors of the final marketable tea because Ty?ley was greedy and wanted to control the entire rhubia tea market. The idea of selling the tea to a distributor disturbed him. He needs to knock off Poil because with him still in office there would be no way for him to control the DMF and the rhubia tea to maximize his profit from selling the final product.

So?

The rest of the galaxy does not know this is going on since it is still a minor civil spat. The Republic Senate and the Jedi Council have other matters more pressing to deal with the Drunkenwell problem. The beings in the galaxy are going about their way like nothing is happening because as far as their concern is, there isn?t anything going on.

FYI:

Poil, Ty?ley, Yutti, and any other representative are up for grabs if anyone wishes to play them. Otherwise they will be in the background of things.

It is up to the characters made to decide how directly they want to relate to this conflict; whether completely involved or whether it?s only a backdrop to what?s going on.

NOTE:

-The RP will start at the time just before the final vote on the rhubia tea manufacturing plan and the completion of the DMF.

-A limit has been placed on the amount of Force users in this RP in order to create a more interesting environment.

Limits on ?good? Jedi and/or Force users: 4 (subject to change)

Limits on ?bad? Jedi and/or Force users (dark users): 2 (subject to change)

Add to the notes.....the species on Drunkenwell:

NOTE

- Blah, blah.

-Blah, blah

-Species who colonized Drunkenwell: Bothans, Wookiees, Rodians, Devaronians, and Ithorians (all with a representative on the Commonwealth council), plus various other species in small amounts on the planet (President Poil speaks for them on the council).

Chickenman

Maybe we should have a reference thread to keep all the crucial information in?

Mara

*shrug*

Well, I'm sure Beeurd will use the plot thing for the first post in the RP thread whenever it starts...or something.

Sentrosi

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

yeah... and dont argue with her.... shes mean :p

Princess

Since we've started the RPG, I thought that I'd take the liberty of giving this forum a proper name

Chickenman

We should really come to an agreement on what style to write this with.

On one hand, we have GI and Sentrosi's style:

*The Jedi murders the hobo and steals his pants*

Haha, you ain't got no pants!

Then we have Mara and Prin's style:

The jedi murdered the hobo and stole his pants.

"Haha! You ain't got no pants!" said the Jedi with glee.

I, for one, like Mara and Prin's.

Radioactive Isotope

i like the JPL way

Mara

Well, I'm used to my way...and I think it looks better.

*shrug*

Drake

I think I'm gonna go story-style...just because I have to start using it more for my writing classes.

Mara

Okay...am I the only one here who's thinking that Sentrosi is taking a little too many liberties with his character?

GI_Admiral

First of all- yes

Second- I tried combining the ways....JPL is a lot more color coded lol

Drake

Even though you never post... ;)

Chickenman

I'm gonna make my charachter and post next time I have the time.

Tsl

Woo... *counts the number of members being diverted from JPL*

Andy

Nobody is posting at JPL anyway...

Tsl

Really? Nooo....hadn't noticed.

Andy

lol

Mara

*shrugs*

And shouldn't this be the "Drunkenwell" RPG Discussion thread now? :p

Andy

No... Because it's Druckenwell :p

Mara

My bad. :p

I think I spelled it wrong in the whole descrip then. :p

Andy

Yeah... I corrected it though... Silly. :p

Princess

Ok, I"m just a little confused, can someone please explain the color code to me?

Drake

Blue is for commchat. I dunno about the rest.

GI_Admiral

This was from the Original JPL

Red  = Anger (spoken or other wise)

Blue = Transmission via holonet

Purple/pink = Talking between ships. Put the person's name in green before they speak if you post holonet transmissions for someone else... great idea demonstrated by Jay.

Green = When posting for characters other than yourself, for dialogue - please try to use a green not hard on the eyes... the darker ones work best. The thing is, if it's clear who says what, this doesn't really matter. I think if you put the person's name before their dialogue, that's acceptable. It does get hard for some people to do the color changes.

Italics = Force link

* ... * or ** ... ** = descriptions, narration

(( ... )) = OOC or out of character text

CAPS = Usually means yelling

Now, just need something for thoughts, that others can't hear but that are not Force links... okay, with some discussion with tsl, gO and PX, here goes:

orange = Thoughts. Use a dark orange, easier to see. Ex.: Hey there so and so! I can't let him/her see I was crying. How are you?

Edit:

I will follow this, except Maybe use red as authors notes instead of anger. That + (( )) cause im used to that too...

Edited by GI_Admiral

Sentrosi

how am i taking too many liberties with my character 1st off you said there was no mod...

2nd... you said i can do what i want..

3rd... whats your character gonna do to stop me :p

4th... never played one of these online... wouldnt know i was takin liberties unless people told me WHEN I ASKED THEM BEFORE I DECIDED TO PLAY...

5th... quit ur bi...chin get r done :p :kneel: