Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

TheUnknown

Another person I graduated with died. It appears as though his own family found out on Facebook and don't know what happened.

TheUnknown

We lost one of our cats last night.  He ran under the car while my stepfather was pulling in and got hit.  The bitch of it is he could have made it.  According to my sister, the late night vet said he just had a problem with his jaw.  But they couldn't pay for the surgery.  I ended up falling asleep before I knew they needed the money right then (I was a couple hundred miles away). 

314921_10100404597146103_1375024005_n.jp

TheUnknown

And now I get home from work to find out my sister, who's 17, has been put in the hospital. 

Ayingel

Awww, man, that sucks :(  

Princess

My cousin ended her 19 year battle with breast cancer this morning.  And one of my good friends found out on Wednesday that her husband's cancer metastasized to his brain and he  will be in the hospital at least 4 weeks

TheUnknown

Ugh, looks like you had a sithty day, too.

Ayingel

I feel stupid asking for prayers for my cat, so maybe, some prayers for Robert and myself...we aren't taking felix's dying very well.  

Princess

Losing a pet is so difficult *hugs*

Mara

I did put this on Facebook, but...

My grandmother passed away.   

She's in a much better place now, and it was entirely unexpected. However, would appreciate prayers for my family this week.

Dealing with the loss surprisingly well right now, because of how things were at the end (without going into detail), but I'm sure grief could pick up again later, during visitation and the funeral and all that.   

So yeah.

Andy

Sorry to hear that, hope you are doing okay. :(

Mara

Thanks. :)  Am actually doing pretty good. Once in a while it'll hit me, but overall, things have been all right the last couple weeks.

I'm sure it'll be different once the holidays roll around. We used to share Thanksgiving and Christmas with my uncle and aunt, taking turns hosting... but now we're just gonna stay home with the four of us. 'Cause they have their kids and grandkids coming over... and we no longer have a 'reason' to hang out together, really. So it'll be weird then I guess.

The real tough part is more on my mom, because she has all this paperwork to do now, because of it. Calling people, cancelling things, all kinds of stuff.

TheUnknown

My mom is missing.

Andy

Damn, did something happen? I hope everything turns out okay.

TheUnknown

Hoping to get a promotion at work.  Working on the cover letter right now.

Andy

Good luck! :)

Andy

One of my second cousins in the US was in a car crash and is currently in a medically induced coma in hospital. If those of you who are that way inclined can send thoughts and prayers his way it would be much appreciated.

TheUnknown

My uncle (aunt's husband) fell 20 feet out of a tree stand.  Both lungs are collapsed and filling with fluid.  Lacerated kidney and liver.  Broken pelvis and ribs.

Andy

Ouch, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

TheUnknown

On top of that, my cousin from the other side of the family had to have an emergency C-section.  The baby is now in NICU due to jaundice.

Andy

We had some bad news to the other night. I don't want to say much on here out of respect, but suffice to say we're pretty devastated. He was a good man and will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

It was very unexpected so it has been a bit of a shock to the whole family.

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

Really sorry to hear that Andy.  You'll all be in my thoughts. :(

TheUnknown

So the top of this page (assuming this post doesn't start a new one) is about a classmate dying.  Well, I just found out another persona from my high school class died.  She was a nurse and was found collapsed at work.

Uncle Du

Geez man. 

I've got no words.  We're all getting older, and it's getting more and more odd for me to see people I grew up with departing earlier than we all thought we would.

Mara

I'd like to bring up director Zach Snyder in this thread.

I'm not sure if you have seen the latest news or not, about him dropping down from Justice League. But back in March his daughter committed suicide. And it just finally came out because he had to step away from the movie to be with his family.

So love and prayers for him, his wife Deborah and the rest of his family.

TheUnknown

My cousin OD'ed.  Or he was OD'ed by some skanky whore piece of sith shooting him up with heroin.  He's come to, but they're keeping him sedated. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.