Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Ayingel

I hope everyone is okay :(

Radioactive Isotope

Oh sure, go outside when a tornado is RIGHT ACROSS THE FLIPPING STREET. Great footage, but geez, GET IN THE BASEMENT!

TheUnknown

Yeah, there are some cringe-worthy moments in that video. "It's tearin' sith up!"

There are tornado warnings happening everywhere west of me (which means they're going to hit me pretty damn soon).

TheUnknown

My parents are okay as is my aunt and my mom's cousin. Still haven't heard from others.

Pandora

Oh my! By the looks of the sky here, we're just a bit too far north (but sure is windy as ewoks). Thinking about your family!

TheUnknown

Holy ewok. They're saying five tornadoes touched down in Georgia today. Three of the five hit places I used to live in (at least within the county). Another not too far away. And I have family in four of those five counties. Here are some of the pictures from just the tornado that hit the county where my parents live.

tornado_HS13.JPG

That's a ewoking motel, by the way, not a house.

013113_tornado_CC18.jpg

Same motel

013113_tornado_JG03.JPG

A grocery store (I used to shop here)

AdairsvilleClean2_1.jpg

ReganAdairsville1_1.jpg

Adairsville_debris_from_tornado.jpg

Edited by TheUnknown

Radioactive Isotope

Wow. Looks like Henryville did last year. I hope there weren't many people injured.

TheUnknown

I know there was at least one fatality in my county alone. And mind you, these storms went through North Georgia and Metro Atlanta. Metro Atlanta alone has 5 million people.

Princess

Wow

TheUnknown

They say one of the tornadoes was half a mile wide. This one went through the county north of where my parents live (I have one aunt and her family living there plus another aunt's kids and ex-husband).

Pandora

I've officially begun applying for jobs. Positive energies are much appreciated.

Ayingel

One of my best friends, Matt, is going through some stuff right now. His parents are both in Texas for the winter, and were supposed to be coming home around Easter. He received a phone call yesterday that his dad may have had food poisoning (vomiting, general feeling of not-well-ness, etc) and from the symptoms, that seemed about right. Until his dad wasn't better today and then fainted. The man has already had a few open heart surgeries, and we found out that he's had a stroke. Things aren't looking good: the first hospital he was taken to wasn't able to do much for him, so the plan was to airlift him--until the storm that's going on grounded all helicopter flights, so he had to be driven 2 hours away to Houston, hoping to become stabilized in the ambulance. The prognosis isn't looking good now, so, if there could be some prayers and positive thoughts for whatever is best for his dad (whether that be not making it or stabilizing), that would be very much appreciated. Matt didn't sound hopeful when we Skyped earlier.

Pandora

Prayers sent.

Ayingel

Things aren't looking much better at this point, seeing as Matt saw it fit (read: saw there was a necessity) for him to fly down to Houston to be with his parents. They were able to drain the blood off of the brain, but he wasn't draining well earlier--they ended up putting in a new tube to see if that would help. He's also paralyzed on his left side. His flight just landed, so it may be awhile yet until I sleep again...

Princess

I'm sorry Ayingel. Shunts can get plugged sometimes though, so hopefully the new one will help

Ayingel

One final update. They have taken him off of life support in thinking about the quality of life and what sort of long term care would be ahead of them. The doctor's in Houston said that there wasn't really anything else they could do. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts everyone. If you could just take the time to pray it doesn't take long for him to pass and pray for his family to have strong hearts to celebrate their father's life, we would all really appreciate it.

Pandora

The chair of the Psychology Department at my University had a TIA (ministroke) yesterday and is still in the hospital. He's okay, they're keeping him for observation, but of course now comes the big concern.... how to avoid a full-blown stroke. He's a really great guy and excellent psychologist, and could benefit from some positive energies.

Radioactive Isotope

My grandmother is going back to the nursing home because she can't transfer out of her wheelchair to use the restroom (of course if she would actually do her PT, she'd be a lot better off). And my doggie hurt her tail and is looking all kinds of miserable. So prayers would be appreciated on both fronts.

TheUnknown

For the second time this year, someone in my graduating class (I think, he was in my cohort, don't know for sure if he graduated with us), has died. He went missing over two weeks ago, apparently wondering off during the night (he had a head injury previously). They found his body in the Etowah River last week and positively identified it yesterday. As with the other this year, I knew him since elementary school. Granted, we weren't close at all, but still.

Pandora

Oh my goodness. I'm so very sorry to hear this. :(

Ayingel

My father-in-law fell off his desk yesterday morning while his wife (step mom in law??) was out driving truck in Maryland. Which means that when he fell, he was home alone with three kids under the age of 16. He has several face fractures and a broken rib, but he is finally home this evening. Just asking for some prayers for a fast recovery. :( Wasn't how we expected yesterday to go.

Ayingel

One of my cohosts for my podcasts was in a bad accident yesterday. He's doing relatively okay, but he broke his Acetabulum (the socket where your femur meets your pelvis) when his femur went through the socket. A little bit of his own fault (was driving extremely tired and after he hit the tree, he left the scene of the accident without doing anything about it), he woke up unable to move his right leg when the police came by to ask about his car. He's in surgery right now, but we're not sure how long he's going to have to be in the hospital.

Edited by Ayingel

Ayingel

They just keep coming.

My cousin/step-cousin (Dad's step-sister's kid) was in a very bad accident in Michigan this week. He was going to up camp with some friends in Northern Michigan, when he hit the rumblestrips and over corrected into the path of an oncoming semi. The van rolled several times--injuring everyone in the car (luckily, right in front of a hospital). The other two passengers are okay, but he was needing to be stabilized at the ER and then flown to a hospital in Marquette. He has a lot of swelling on the brain, a fractured femur, and a broken elbow with the bone breaking the skin. Hopefully, he will be flown to Minneapolis to continue treatment (but I hate the hospital he will be going to--that's where my friend was in her coma and the hospital cut off the circulation to her finger and caused her to lose it) this weekend. The sad part is, he will not be able to start school in the fall, and hopefully he will be able to pick up his soccer scholarships when he is finally able to go.

Princess

OMG! That's awful!

Ayingel

He's finally back in Minnesota and has been going through PT and has started moving and eating on his own. The brain damage is still evident, but they're letting him have a trial night at home this weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.